Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before judging this game please do realise...

ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

The game has only been out for 3 months and everyone is acting like it's suppost to be perfect. I find that sad and pathetic. If you didn't play WoW when it first came out you shouldn't judge Aion. I had serveral issues with WoW when it first came out. Server had major bug issues that they didnt fix until 3 weeks after. The game was so imbalanced and unplayable. Major bugs where your character didn't come up when you logged in and you thought you had been hacked but then it pops back up 2 hours later.

Seriously Aion is smoother than WoW was when it came out. There were tons of whining about grinding in WoW as well but then they fixed it with the quests.

Aion is already releasing a huge new patch. If you don't know about this check out youtube on vision of aion future.

They are fixing the grinding that people cry about most likely adding quests and increasing the exp you gain from it.

I dont mind grinding at all i actually love it pretty weird i know but i just like it.

However they are also making graphics even better which totally shocked me that they already improve graphics that fast. They are adding housing system to make those people who love that kind of feature join in the game. Mounts :). Underwater pve pretty awesome. And even some boat system traveling that you see on the trailer. And it looks like players can build their own town of houses and crap and then there are people who can destroy that with huge siege stuff lol.

WoW didn't fix the grind issue until years after and if you check on it today the grinding is no issue at all.

Im not comparing them but AIon did have smoother launch than WoW did and im pretty damn sure of that. Im having no issues with Aion atm but i do sometimes get issues with the server saying its online but still cant connect :/.

Ncsoft is being a bit lazy atm but i guess they are trying their best to make it work and once they get the major update "expansion" i bet it's gona run smoother.

I just hope they do that before tera online comes :)

Also there are hundreds of quests in this game that you can do. Even at lvl 30 so quit whining about grinding and do quests if you dont like grinding. If you dont like the quests then leave nobody cares that youre lazy and fat.

Comments

• SidereusSidereus Member Posts: 316

A lot of things you say in your post are not true

example : Vision of the future is not a Patch whatsoever it`s something that could happen in the FAR future.

BUT, I agree with you that a MMORPG 1 year old ( because it has alrdy been out for a year in Korea ) can`t compared to a 5 years old one.

the key word here is MMORPG, people will always ask for more content in these games.

ALSO, in my opinion, MMORPG launchs should not have any problems anymore, I mean. Ok, you can lack some kind of high level content ( which is normal, if you are new) but having HUGE lag spikes, bugs, or whatever CANT be allowed. Now a day, your launch has to be successful if you want your product to succeed.

In WoW's time, when it lauched, people were way more tolerent. It`s not the case anymore.

p.s.: Personally I enjoy Aion, even tough I don`t have a lot of time to play ( Studies FTL ! ). Proof I am only lvl 33 ( search my nick on EU Aiononline) :( . But it`s a great game to discover none the less.

QUESTION:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xridnasa:
    -
    What's a "grocery store"? Is that like McDonald's?
    -
    ANSWER:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sidimazz:
    -
    Kind of, just without the rapist.

• OnarresOnarres Member Posts: 1

Well just so you know Aion was out in Korea or where ever for a year before it came to the US. So they have had a year to fix alot of what is wrong with the game.

• novasmagicnovasmagic Member Posts: 26

I try not to judge any game because what I may not find interesting and fun may be a blast for another person.  Many tend to compare new games to other tried and true but what they tend to forget is that most games start out with problems, none of them are perfect and even games that have been out for several years still have unsolved issues.  None of them are perfect, not everyone is going to enjoy them.  It gets tiresome watching gamers fight over wheather a game sucks or not.  I have played many games and I can come up with a list of positives and negatives for each one, they all have them, the question is are they bothersome enough to leave or do you like the game enough to stay?

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by Onarres

Well just so you know Aion was out in Korea or where ever for a year before it came to the US. So they have had a year to fix alot of what is wrong with the game.

Translating a game is much harder than it looks.

Make it so...

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

They didnt even finish translating it before they released it. There are still cut scenes in Korean as well as the English have the npc's use is completely horrid showing they just ran most of it through a translator.

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206

Are you dumb? It was out over a year in Korea before it hit the US. It's been out for 15 months!

• GarkwazzlesGarkwazzles Member Posts: 20

Try jumping jacks.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

OP must not be much of an AION fan ,it has been finished for over a year now about 18+ months to be exact.They have added nothing in that same time frame witch makes it a puzzle as to why it was not out sooner.

My theory is that after the big time money loss on TR,they wanted to make sure the version of release was acceptable by the players and it showed because they made some changes when the game was not accepted in Aisa or over here.They really do not care over in Asia because they have a fanbois following and heck there is so many gamers in Korea alone,you could release a MMO version of Yahtzee and it would sell.The lack of content also showed because they spent a lot less money than they did on TR,so that big loss had a definite impact on how and what type of game they delivered this time around.

Also with the game being out in Korea for so long and the apparent failure of Nguard,why were they attempting to release the exact same rubbish over here?It shows that initially they do not care even 1% about botting,they have been panning off that rubbish anti cheat for several years now,i think the majority are no longer fooled by their antics.

Then you MUST realize they knew full well the hype of AION going into release ,yet chose to release less game space than needed,this was a 100% cheap move,because any dimwit marketing person knows that a highly hyped game has a VERY good chance to grow after release[witch it did] not slow down after the first week.

Bottom line is NCSOFT does not care about botting ..proven fact and they did not use all that time to beta test the game again proven fact,so they are also bad at lying.They are ONLY reacting to public pressure because even though Aion was a relatively cheap effort,They don't want mass exodus again from one of their games again in NA,or their market share over here will be gone for good.

Trust me that long time waiting for release was not a loss for NCSOFT ,because they used that 18 months to make the next two expansions by their own admittance,so don't let them fool you about POLISH or any of that rubbish.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ukdopeukukdopeuk Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Onarres

this is the truth exactly .

• mikepatsonmikepatson Member Posts: 45

I'm on the fence about this, yes they've had a year to fix one version of Aion...but I presume translation and so on, localisation for a different country brings with it its own set of problems. Of course, bots are another matter as are gold sellers. Still it could be worse.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by mikepatson

I'm on the fence about this, yes they've had a year to fix one version of Aion...but I presume translation and so on, localisation for a different country brings with it its own set of problems. Of course, bots are another matter as are gold sellers. Still it could be worse.

The changes between the Korean and US versions of the game are really minor in comparison. Any translator can translate text from Korean to US and most of time its purely automated and you just have two or three people run through and make sure it all makes sense. Parts that don't give togeather you re-write to fit what you have. There where very few gameplay changes between the two version. The big thing being the movement controls where changed over to a WSAD format instead of the point and click. Something that I imagine took them all of about 2 mins to do since they already had WSAD movement in the Korean version it just was not the default set controls.

I like how some people in this thread make it seem like the US localization was some huge deal and thats why it took a whole year to get the game moved over here. No, localization is about the easiest thing to do in this day and age. Thats why about 90% of the F2P market is really nothing more then MMOs that have been localized to fit in with the western markets and most of the time thats nothing more then translating text to eng. (regardless if it is correctly translated or not).

NCSoft knew what they where doing and time has shown Aion is nothing more then a cash cow for them tell there next localized game hits the market. Heck they have already started the hype machine on it and all but stopped hyping Aion at this point.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

Originally posted by mikepatson

The changes between the Korean and US versions of the game are really minor in comparison. Any translator can translate text from Korean to US and most of time its purely automated and you just have two or three people run through and make sure it all makes sense. Parts that don't give togeather you re-write to fit what you have. There where very few gameplay changes between the two version. The big thing being the movement controls where changed over to a WSAD format instead of the point and click. Something that I imagine took them all of about 2 mins to do since they already had WSAD movement in the Korean version it just was not the default set controls.

I like how some people in this thread make it seem like the US localization was some huge deal and thats why it took a whole year to get the game moved over here. No, localization is about the easiest thing to do in this day and age. Thats why about 90% of the F2P market is really nothing more then MMOs that have been localized to fit in with the western markets and most of the time thats nothing more then translating text to eng. (regardless if it is correctly translated or not).

NCSoft knew what they where doing and time has shown Aion is nothing more then a cash cow for them tell there next localized game hits the market. Heck they have already started the hype machine on it and all but stopped hyping Aion at this point.

Minor? what about all the cutscenes that needed to be changed into english and skill animations so that characters don't say them in korean?

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

like my grandmomma said this game has been out for over 1 year and they are working on Aion2 so they dont give a crap about ur Aion1 anymore.  Vision u said?  keep dreaming and wet ur pants, they are putting that crap in Aion 2 so they can get more $$$ out of u instead of giving it out 4 free 4 Aion1 when its already dying.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The things I did not like about Aion were the small zoned world, not enough classes and the classes they had were boring, combat was fun at first but also got boring because its just spamming the same skill selection over and over just to kill one mob, horrible pvp class balance. I never had a problem with the grind because I actually prefer grinding rather than questing as along as there are alot of different places to go and explore while grinding. Everybody is going to jumb ship as soon as Tera and Blade & Soul comes out anyway.

• Vulnero87Vulnero87 Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Honeymoon69

like my grandmomma said this game has been out for over 1 year and they are working on Aion2 so they dont give a crap about ur Aion1 anymore.  Vision u said?  keep dreaming and wet ur pants, they are putting that crap in Aion 2 so they can get more $$$ out of u instead of giving it out 4 free 4 Aion1 when its already dying.

Ummm what?  Where did you hear this so called Aion 2?

Everyone has opinions, but does that make them the universal truth??? NO!

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Haha :-)

Aion is the best MMO out right now imo and it will only get better with time. I've no idea why people down it and compare it to MMOs that have been out for years but its human nature I guess. Aion 2-3 years from now? I cant even imagine.... The Aion haters crack me up with their lame complaints honestly lol

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by mechtech256

Are you dumb? It was out over a year in Korea before it hit the US. It's been out for 15 months!

Over a year in Korea...Korean's enjoy a totally different style of MMOs so their was no reason to add quests / more xp for the  whiners here. We're all so used to "easymode" MMOs we wouldnt know a good MMO if it kicked us in the ass honestly. Go play WoW or LOTRO if you want to grind questa till you turn blue in the face. Aion defiantly isnt for everyone but for those who enjoy it, they enjoying it alot. 

NCsoft is my fav MMO company right now by far. Can't wait for GW2!! :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• mrhatchmrhatch Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Ethian

Originally posted by mechtech256

Over a year in Korea...Korean's enjoy a totally different style of MMOs so their was no reason to add quests / more xp for the  whiners here. We're all so used to "easymode" MMOs we wouldnt know a good MMO if it kicked us in the ass honestly. Go play WoW or LOTRO if you want to grind questa till you turn blue in the face. Aion defiantly isnt for everyone but for those who enjoy it, they enjoying it alot. 

NCsoft is my fav MMO company right now by far. Can't wait for GW2!! :-)

So you basically say that endless grinding could smack us in the face and we wouldn't see the ingenuity behind that move?

You say, they didin't feel the obligation to modify aion in order to be suitable for the european/american market? then why bother now? aion - for me - sucks big time and i couldn't be bothered to login onve i endured the 30 days of free play-time.

• WolfheartIXWolfheartIX Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Chimps

The game was so imbalanced and unplayable.

Haha! FAIL!