Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any good recent HoMM clones?

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Anyone know any rather recent or soon to come Heroes of Might and Magic like games?

The only recent ones I know that are good are of course the HoMM V, then Disciples II and Etherlords II. But all of them are already half a dozen years old. Yeah I know, HoMM VI is rumored to show up second half of 2010 and Disciples III is beeing worked on since 2005. Though... right now I checked wikipedia, and it said "Disciples III, release date: December 11, 2009 (Russia only)"... oh, only russian... duh. :( And the only revent interview about the game I found is in polish. Anyone of you speaks polish and can translate it?

So Disciples III is currently a mystery to me. I guess if the news on Wikipedia is true and they right now released it in russian, then in some weeks it will show up in english. Or does "Russia only" mean it was only released in Russia on that date but has already several languages implemented? Oh the confusion. :(

Anyway, so Disciples III probably hopefully released soon. HoMM VI in about a year. And Etherlords? I don't find anything about a third part in the works.

So anyone knows any other good turn-based RPGs with some strategic combat and heroes or your army gaining XP and levelling up and stuff?

Edit:

Just searched some more and found an online shop selling Disciples III in english and mentioning as release date March 15, 2010. Oh boy, guess I'm gonna wait a bit more to play the game if the shops infos are true.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,871

try Kings Bounty            http://www.kings-bounty.com/

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Pick up an N64 emulator and get Ogre Battle 64. I think it beats the hell out of the HoMM series and has a much deeper storyline.

Ogre Battle for SNES is pretty good too.

Sorry, I don't know of anything recent besides what you listed. I'm gonna keep watching this thread hoping that someone has a good suggestion. :) 

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

try Casvian aka heroes of gaia

it has the same feel as of HoMM, and it's a web browse game

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Scorchien

try Kings Bounty            http://www.kings-bounty.com/

Thanks. I bought Kings Bounty: Armor Princess on steam during the holiday sale for like 5 bucks. Man that was a steal! The game is great. It's a bit very colorful for my taste, but once you got used to it, it's lots and lots of fun. Even the quests are interesting. :) Played it once through on normal with a Warrior, and now trying my luck on hard with a paladin and a mage. But man, that is really hard.

Here's the trailer for those interested in HoMM - like games:

www.youtube.com/watch

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)