Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SGW: Dead Proof (sorta)

lovecloneloveclone Member Posts: 57

Okay  not concrete proof.  BUT when our little Cheyenne Mountain Racing team has their new car name to Stargate:Resistance.  Makes you wonder.    Oh nice that they are still not paying employees/vendors/past debts but they can support an Indy car.   

btw, this information was out mid-november but to be respectful to CME & Firesky's little game name secret I glossed over it.  http://www.crash.net/indycar/news/155286/1/de_silvestro_impresses_in_hvm_test.html 

"It was a dream come true to step into the cockpit of the Stargate: Resistance IndyCar," she said, "I got comfortable right away and soon came up to speed. Overall, I thought the test was excellent.

“I need to thank Gary Whiting at Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. along with Imran, Shane, and the rest of Team Stargate Worlds for making this happen. Thanks too to Keith Wiggins and the engineers for making the experience so enjoyable and for supporting me - HVM is a first-class organisation." 

Comments

• yellowperilyellowperil Member Posts: 101

Changing the advertising to game that is more current doesnt prove the fact that SGW is dead, were all pretty sure that IF and WHEN development does carry on with SGW, the title will not be released in 2010, so the game may ship in 2011 in my opinion,  And having a game thats going to be that long in development, it only makes sense to use a more upto date title release thats due in a matter of months, not years for advertising.

Don't ya think.....

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by yellowperil

Changing the advertising to game that is more current doesnt prove the fact that SGW is dead, were all pretty sure that IF and WHEN development does carry on with SGW, the title will not be released in 2010, so the game may ship in 2011 in my opinion,  And having a game thats going to be that long in development, it only makes sense to use a more upto date title release thats due in a matter of months, not years for advertising.

Don't ya think.....

No, I don't think.....

By 2011, CME will likely be out of business and GW either be getting sued out the azz or in jail for fraud.

• Remon255Remon255 Member Posts: 6

They have said over and over again, they dont support the racing team with any money, only the name. Please follow up on these things before making any assumptions. Thanks

• lovecloneloveclone Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Remon255

They have said over and over again, they dont support the racing team with any money, only the name. Please follow up on these things before making any assumptions. Thanks

Yeah, just as they said CME had nothing to do with MMOGULS! Or all the other things they have denied but have turned out to be completely true.

Just wait till Stargate: Resistance is available as a download from "It's Your Mall" Or from the MMOGULS/ mygamebusiness.com       The Whiting scam crew want your credit card number    /smirk

CME has and is still denying that MMOGULS have something to do with them. The only thing i have come across as a referance is Gary Whiting. Do you think in these harsh times with this money crysis a company can go out and make a scam again( If they did in the first place, noone has been proved guilty yet) I despise the thought that MMOGULS should have taken the money from investing people, but all we know is, there are a couple of lawsuits going on against them and until they are settled i think it best to just be quite, you could look very dumb after everything is settled.

This is not a love campaign for CME, they can defend themselves, i just dont think your right but i can be wrong ofcourse, lets just wait and see. Thanks

Sorry for the weird english, it isnt my first language

I smell one of the new European investors!

I suggest you do a lot of reading and catch-up with the entire situation. You are shrugging off some rather large lawsuits that are in the works, as if they are no big deal.

{mod edit}

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by loveclone

Okay  not concrete proof.  BUT when our little Cheyenne Mountain Racing team has their new car name to Stargate:Resistance.  Makes you wonder.    Oh nice that they are still not paying employees/vendors/past debts but they can support an Indy car.   

btw, this information was out mid-november but to be respectful to CME & Firesky's little game name secret I glossed over it.  http://www.crash.net/indycar/news/155286/1/de_silvestro_impresses_in_hvm_test.html 

"It was a dream come true to step into the cockpit of the Stargate: Resistance IndyCar," she said, "I got comfortable right away and soon came up to speed. Overall, I thought the test was excellent.
    “I need to thank Gary Whiting at Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. along with Imran, Shane, and the rest of Team Stargate Worlds for making this happen. Thanks too to Keith Wiggins and the engineers for making the experience so enjoyable and for supporting me - HVM is a first-class organisation." 

Indy car? No one watches Indy car.

So.. now we are insulting each other? Well, i think you have to watch what your saying. If your an employee at CME im going to shut up otherwise please dont act like you know the world, ok? Dont you think its best that CME will survive to pay off their depts instead of going under big time?

So.. now we are insulting each other? Well, i think you have to watch what your saying. If your an employee at CME im going to shut up otherwise please dont act like you know the world, ok? Dont you think its best that CME will survive to pay off their depts instead of going under big time?

Sure, but at whose expense?

On the off chance that Stargate: Resistance manages not to tank, where do you think those profits are going? People who have filed suit have their hands out and waiting (Nedra’s lawsuit is over 3 Million alone and is inching its way back into the Arizona courts), and CME still owes a lot in back taxes, back payroll, etc.  

How much of any SGR profit is actually going to carry CME over for the next 18 months to finish off SGW?

Would love to see the presentation you all bought into – it would be a good laugh.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by loveclone

Sure, but at whose expense?

On the off chance that Stargate: Resistance manages not to tank, where do you think those profits are going? People who have filed suit have their hands out and waiting (Nedra’s lawsuit is over 3 Million alone and is inching its way back into the Arizona courts), and CME still owes a lot in back taxes, back payroll, etc.  

How much of any SGR profit is actually going to carry CME over for the next 18 months to finish off SGW?

Would love to see the presentation you all bought into – it would be a good laugh.

Indeed, anyone who did even 10 mins due diligence on CME and GW would know enough to run, not walk, out of the place, no matter how good the spiel was.....

• PuglaPugla Member Posts: 88

CME has and is still denying that MMOGULS have something to do with them.

But see my questions to Shane Hensley (current CME president) here and his answers here.

Originally posted by PEGShane

2) MMOGULS was never the official plan for anything directly related to CME. Gary Whiting does own MMOGULS and CME, and if he makes money on one it's certainly his perogative to support the other with *his share* if he decides to do so. Whether you care for him or not, Gary has put everything he owns into the company and is the most passionate person in the world about SGW.

Moguls did originally show SGW and other internal projects at their presentations. I know because some of them went up on Youtube. But they also showed World of Warcraft and other games. We at CME asked them to stop showing our projects because we felt it would be seen exactly as you've seen it, and it would imply an official relationship since Gary was involved with both. But an MLM gaming site is not illegal and no different than Amway or Avon from a business perspective, as far as I know. And if it ultimately proved to be a "pyramid scheme" rather than a legitimate MLM, those behind it would be prosecuted, I'm sure.

How it all works I'm not privvy to--MLMs are definitely not my cup of tea either--and as I said before we have no official involvement with them whatsoever. We don't know the people who work there and they don't know us.I beileve some of our artists did a few pieces for their website at one point, but that was before I was involved with that group, and those people are gone now. We also had some people do some freelance work for them way back in March, I think.

MMOGULS is real, and if you subscribe to SGW (assuming it ever releases) or buy Stargate: Resistance (assuming it ever releases), you are funding MMOGULS.

Geeked for FFXIV
    Freelance FFXIV guide author for Ten Ton Hammer.com

I just think you all frame Gary for something thats been blowen up on the internet. for somethings its not. Its not ok to make assumptions on a person you dont have any relations to. Theres as much good rep for Gary as bad, you just dont want to see the good things i guess. Ofcourse i will say sorry here if it turns out Gary has cheated somehow to gain money for himself. But until that just stop blaming Gary and CME for not handling the money right, you know theres a big  money crisis right? We have in our country alone lost over a thousand business´s in just a year so dont you think that just some of those money went into THAT drain? And again i will delete this post and create a new "sorry" post if it turns out bad with Gary.

• PuglaPugla Member Posts: 88

I just think you all frame Gary for something thats been blowen up on the internet.

Greetings! It seems you are new to this discussion. I'd invite you to visit the SGW section of the MMORPG forums and read as many threads as possible. Aside from one member occasionally spamming "funny" pics he makes, the discussion there is about the facts. There is no framing here. We have shown over and over again that Gary Whiting is the guy in charge of both Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment and MMOGULS. It wasn't until the post by Shane Hensley I linked to that CME would admit. Instead they used deferral tactics to try to distance themselves from the situation while simultaneously making the media outlet that exposed the MMOGULS story (TenTonHammer.com) look bad.

I appreciate the respectful way you call for people to not make wild accusations here. Check out the threads with the evidence of business registrations and court cases on government websites and then let me know if you think this is a frame job or blown out of proportion. :)

Geeked for FFXIV
    Freelance FFXIV guide author for Ten Ton Hammer.com

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

I think the whole thing is really depressing. I wish they would just give up on SGW and let another, more competent development studio take it on.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

I know theres a grey sky over Gary but cant we just wait until the court has settled with framing him? I have heard so many bad things in posts like this, and if anyone visited these forums they would run away with this hostileness some users have lifted with others. Its a shame, i really like the healthy discussion thats normally running here. But to make Gary the black sheep isnt helping anyone. If anyone in here lost money to this guy please vent you feelings here if you can. Thanks