Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you value most?

MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

Its tough to prioritize in the development of a new MMO, but what would you put on the top of the list of things to make sure you get right?

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

I'd have to say combat system, because let's face it, fighting is what we're going to be doing most of our time in an MMO 86,3% of the time. It also adds to the lastability and originality.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Meh, where's the "fun gameplay" button?

My only real qualifier of value in an MMO is:

"Is it fun now?"

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

"Is it fun now?"

After years of playing i have come to the same conclusion, the game can have all the features you ever wanted but if it isn't fun you'll leave in a second. I think this is exactly what happened with the darkfall hype, no flaming intended.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Freedom. 

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

"Is it fun now?"

After years of playing i have come to the same conclusion, the game can have all the features you ever wanted but if it isn't fun you'll leave in a second. I think this is exactly what happened with the darkfall hype, no flaming intended.

I agree with the fun part.   WoW which is said to be the best MMO ever and  it had A lot of good features but yet it was so damn boring to me. So even if a game has all the features in the world if its not fun it doesn't even matter.  Hell Id play a game that has non of those things on the list as long as it was fun to play. Fun Factor is the biggest thing to keep me sucked in.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Mitara
    Its tough to prioritize in the development of a new MMO, but what would you put on the top of the list of things to make sure you get right?

I'm amazed that Survivability isn't winning this poll. It doesn't matter two cents how absolutely incredible the game is if it won't run.

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

"Lastability (fun also in 3 months) "

I understand what you mean by that qualification, though I would like to know why you have put it in your list of answers for your pull. Isn't that inherent with a lot of other choices? (Such as if it has enough content, or if the game isn't a monstrosity of bugs for example)

• NinjaNerfNinjaNerf Member Posts: 163

Depends on your budget and your markets.

If sky is the limit for my budget and I want to be 10x as successful as WOW I will go for originality as  wow clones are only lesser WOWs.

If I already have some successful titles and I want to hold on to my success my new games will be content based.

If I am only interest to get the most money in the shortest time and I don't care if it dies after a year then I will make sure my games don't crash. Crashing games don't draw players. No players = no profit.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I voted fun, but fun is really an amalgam of several other parts. 

1. easy to use UI

2. non-trivial combat system

3. varied classes and races

4. big world

5. well designed raid fights

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

With all those people voting fun which was not was this was about, i think we should just make an online tetris game, that would be fun.