Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D**M you DavidAllen you got me again

2»

Comments

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Well thankfully after talking to direct2drive they apprently agreed with me and refunded me the first time.First time I have ever fired off a email about my displeasure of a game.They didn't even argue with me about it apoligized and refunded me no more explanation needed.Funny thing is if the game had even been playable I would have just accepted my money to be blown and not said anything but the game is really a unplayable mess atm.I doubt they will ever get it sorted how a client with WoW graphics has that much lag and packet loss is beyond me well I know why David Allen is cash grabbin again.The game probly would find a nice lil niche market if they would fix the issues.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

"He is gone forever. He is not doing story, or the book, or the movie, he is doing nothing and that is because he was kicked out by people who could not recognize his genius. "

That part made me laugh :P

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Deja vu, classic statements from David Allen. Taken from an old interview but I betcha he'd say the same things about Alganon hehe.

Originally written by David Allen
    The biggest setback has been the lack of continued funding. We have had to halt production on the product due to the fact that many team members have had to take contract work in order to have an income. Unfortunately, I've already put every penny I have into the project and am incapable of supporting any additional costs without outside help.It's funny - many people think "well there's got to be something wrong then", but the truth is that luck has quite a bit to do with it.Half of it is being in the right place at the right time and talking with the right people. The other half is presentation, solidity, vision and the ability to deliver.

Handy to put a face to the name: http://archive.gamespy.com/interviews/july02/allen/dave.jpg
  • bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by 133794m3r

Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Originally posted by rznkain

Why oh why did I get bored and decide to purchase this piece of trash after the horizons fiasco.But against my better judgement I did just that.Downloaded it installed it.I have around 70% packet loss in the game its the worse of any mmog I have ever tried to play I mean I can handle sucky game play but ffs fix the damn client and server issues.I run AoC,Aion,Eq2 and pretty much everything else full graphics and your telling me this piece of crap game won't run on my system? I have duel core processor over 6gb of ram a 1gb video card and I am gettin this kinda performance? This is the first game ever I have actually contacted Direct2Drive and demanded a refund and trust me I have played alot of crappy games.

Don't get suckered into buyin this piece of trash.

Hi Rznkain

I don't think it's the server  but possibly something wrong with your machine ?Have you updated all your drivers ?Sometimes an outdated video driver can cause havoc with your gameplay ...in fact the more I consider your issues the more I am absolutely convinced that this is a problem with your PC ....EVERYONE knows that Alganon is perfectly playable :)

er... you sound like a fanboy of the game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Yes my post was just a bit of humor and  very sarcastic :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

For some reason this story is very familiar.  Can anyone say Vangard?  Can anyone say Brad Mcquad?

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Dameonk

Originally posted by Senadina

Originally posted by PhelimReagh

Originally posted by Ravik

Honestly, since I've been here there have only been two things that everyone agrees on at MMORPG.com, and one of them is Alganon sucks.

One of the funniest things I've read on this site. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of iced tea when I read it. LOL.

I want to know what the other thing was everyone agreed on.

Horizons sucked.

That cannot be, because hardly anyone here knows Horizons. On the other hand everyone knows mmorpg.com.

--
    Delanor

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Why oh why did I get bored and decide to purchase this piece of trash after the horizons fiasco.But against my better judgement I did just that.Downloaded it installed it.I have around 70% packet loss in the game its the worse of any mmog I have ever tried to play I mean I can handle sucky game play but ffs fix the damn client and server issues.I run AoC,Aion,Eq2 and pretty much everything else full graphics and your telling me this piece of crap game won't run on my system? I have duel core processor over 6gb of ram a 1gb video card and I am gettin this kinda performance? This is the first game ever I have actually contacted Direct2Drive and demanded a refund and trust me I have played alot of crappy games.

If you got bored and wanted to play a real game you should have checked out fallen earth or darkfall not a wow clone.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

This game is rancid, to the OP the operating problems you are having is just your trusty computer trying to keep you from using it to play crap.

Worst game since Darkfall... possibly worst mmo I have ever played. I cannot fathom the audacity and balls it must take for them to charge for this steaming pile of garbage.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I really wanted to love Horizons, had fun on it now and then.

I tried Alganon closed beta and the game was nearly unplayable due to the lag and issues.  I was utterly baffled as to how they were officially launching so soon, didn't think this game would be out till late this next year or so.

To be fair I didn't find the concepts or look of it all that bad but I don't like WoW and I was dubious Alganon would end up being for me.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Rzn... If your memory of the past wasn't so selective, you would also remember that Dave Allen had very little to do with the Horizons that launched. Those of us who do remember, remember his vision for the game, which was distorted and corrupted when David Bowman backstabbed him. The failure of Horizons(like several other games...) is very much the fault of Bowman.

As for Alganon, it does currently have its limitations. QOL not being mighty Blizzard, doesn't have a hundred million plus to throw at the game.  That being the case, anyone with realistic expectations wouldn't have expected such.  Dave Allen and his staff at QOL are doing their best, and no doubt will continue in spite of what trolls and other such may foam at the mouth about.  I've observed that Alganon has a much better community than many MMO's these days. Not to mention that GM's and Dev's actually show up in game for real time events and other such.  

But its not a game for those who lack patience, or a realistic expectation of what can be achieved by an *independent* game company these days.  I go out of my way to support independent companies, because its the only way we are going to get new people into this market sector.  Those that lack such would be better off playing WoW. Its a good game(I've been in since late beta) and has 5 years of content. But Blizzard can hardly be considered an independent company... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by djnexus

If you got bored and wanted to play a real game you should have checked out fallen earth or darkfall not a wow clone.

Thanks, but I've LONG since reached my limit on gankfest type games.  If I want PvP I'll go play Quake4 or UT3 or Section 8.

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Rzn... If your memory of the past wasn't so selective, you would also remember that Dave Allen had very little to do with the Horizons that launched. Those of us who do remember, remember his vision for the game, which was distorted and corrupted when David Bowman backstabbed him. The failure of Horizons(like several other games...) is very much the fault of Bowman.

As for Alganon, it does currently have its limitations. QOL not being mighty Blizzard, doesn't have a hundred million plus to throw at the game.  That being the case, anyone with realistic expectations wouldn't have expected such.  Dave Allen and his staff at QOL are doing their best, and no doubt will continue in spite of what trolls and other such may foam at the mouth about.  I've observed that Alganon has a much better community than many MMO's these days. Not to mention that GM's and Dev's actually show up in game for real time events and other such.  

But its not a game for those who lack patience, or a realistic expectation of what can be achieved by an *independent* game company these days.  I go out of my way to support independent companies, because its the only way we are going to get new people into this market sector.  Those that lack such would be better off playing WoW. Its a good game(I've been in since late beta) and has 5 years of content. But Blizzard can hardly be considered an independent company... ^^

To be honest I am beginning to SERIOUSLY doubt that DAvid Allen has anything other than a big imagination and a big ego, the more I look at his "vision" of horisons the more it looks like the proverbial "Armchair Developer's" fantasty game than an actual design for a buildable product.

Whether David Bowman backstabbed him and is a greedy corrupt basterd I don't know and personally I'd call it plausable but all we have is David Allen's word on it.

And considering that he has hyped, defended and ignored issues in a manner only surpassed by Tasos his word ain't very much in my opinion.

Of course I could be wrong, he could be a design genius that is going to slowly but surely take Alganon places that no MMO has gone before. In that case I'll eat my words. For the second hes just another developer that has made a lot of promises and a substandered copy of WoW.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• TheAncientTheAncient Member Posts: 67

I don't care who Dave Allen is, or his previous history or whatever visons he had for anything. The simple fact is Alganon is as generic as MMORPGs come. It offers nothing innovative at all.

This isn't a troll posting because it disagrees with your viewpoint, as I also beta tested Alganon for 5 weeks, and saw how absolutely boring it was. There was nothing that stood out as good, unique, or even remotely interesting. Being independent isn't enough, and even having a smaller budget is never an excuse. Look to the film industry for how low budget independents can blow the big ships out of the water.

As strange as it may sound, I don't want Alganon to fail. There are real world people with jobs behind Alganon, and the Devs are pretty decent approachable guys. The best hope for the game is a six month break to rethink and remodel what Alganon should be, and a better approach to beta testing rather than rush an unfinished product out the door. There wasn't even group or instance testing available for the beta folk, and that is never a good sign, low budget and independent or not.

It has nothing to do with having "blizzard like money" I am all for small developers graphics don't bother me hell I played AC1 and Anarchy-Online both companies at that time were very small and new to the mmog market so please don't try to turn this into a troll post I am statin facts.I shoulnd't have to have weeks of patience while the game is unplayable I can handle a lil ingame lag,I can handle the rubber banding what I cant handle is 78% packet loss while it consumes all my system resources on a computer that can run AOC and about anything else full graphics.There is NO excuse for it its crappy client code and crappy server plain and simple.Address that and fix that issue and the game m ight have a future what we DON'T need here is fanbois who are trying to sidetrack those issue's and sayin oh everything is fun and sunny here come on and buy it it will be fine!!!!

I hope they get the issues fixed but the mmog community need to be aware of the serious issues this game has BEFORE going out and givin them 20.00 bucks for what is a unplayable mess atm.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I found absolutely nothing worth playing during my beta stint; no interesting game mechanics, minimal lore, mediocre graphics, traditional UI. I can't say I hated the game; in fact I "nothing" it. Some might argue that is worse.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

LMAO. How can one be so blind and naive!

David Allen is a lying thieving bastard with too big of an ego. If one didn't know, they just have to read his latest interviews to see his delusional grandeur!

It has nothing to do with with being a small independend company. Even Blizzard, Turbine, Mythic and EPIC were once smalltime independend companies.

You either have the skills and expertise to make games. Or you don't. It's that simple.

There are plenty of independend companies with hardly any money that have managed to deliver high quality top notch games.

And when it comes to MMO's.  At least you we have to give Aventurine some credit in that they tried something unique and be different with their game Darkfall Online.

And what about ICARUS with Fallen Earth?  They are smalltime and independend too and look what they managed to pull off.

Just saying.

All what QoL pulled off, was delivering a craptastic horrible WoW clone. With heavily outdated graphics and runs worse then any other MMO to date, on even high end machines.

QoL doesn't have the skills, expertise and capacity to create and deliver an MMO. They should accept that reality, embrace it and leave the game industry and go try something else.

Cheers

Originally posted by Guillermo197

David Allen is a lying thieving bastard with too big of an ego. If one didn't know, they just have to read his latest interviews to see his delusional grandeur!

It has nothing to do with with being a small independend company. Even Blizzard, Turbine, Mythic and EPIC were once smalltime independend companies.

You either have the skills and expertise to make games. Or you don't. It's that simple.

There are plenty of independend companies with hardly any money that have managed to deliver high quality top notch games.

And when it comes to MMO's.  At least you we have to give Aventurine some credit in that they tried something unique and be different with their game Darkfall Online.

And what about ICARUS with Fallen Earth?  They are smalltime and independend too and look what they managed to pull off.

Just saying.

All what QoL pulled off, was delivering a craptastic horrible WoW clone. With heavily outdated graphics and runs worse then any other MMO to date, on even high end machines.

QoL doesn't have the skills, expertise and capacity to create and deliver an MMO. They should accept that reality, embrace it and leave the game industry and go try something else.

Cheers

Chuckle... Your opinion of darkfall and its creators SERIOUSLY calls into question the value of your judgment...

I could address your accusations, but I see no need, nor anything to be gained from it.  But I will point out that Alganon runs just fine on my system.  Which is hardly high end these days. Intel quad core 2.4, Nvidia 9800, Vista 64 and 6 gigs of ram.   Just like many of the forum trolls here, you can't seem to understand that others might well find some enjoyment in the game. Such is life <shrug>

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

Chuckle... Your opinion of darkfall and its creators SERIOUSLY calls into question the value of your judgment...
    I could address your accusations, but I see no need, nor anything to be gained from it.  But I will point out that Alganon runs just fine on my system.  Which is hardly high end these days. Intel quad core 2.4, Nvidia 9800, Vista 64 and 6 gigs of ram.   Just like many of the forum trolls here, you can't seem to understand that others might well find some enjoyment in the game. Such is life <shrug>

I don't even think you play the game, but if you do -- what do you enjoy about it so much?

Originally posted by Guillermo197

Just saying.

Cheers

Hey if your having fun with it thats great.I have a hard time believing it runs on your system just fine  when its not for 90% of the other people but hey its possible I guess.The game graphic wise is about on par with WoW and it's suckin up more system resources than  AOC or Aion would you don't find that abit odd?

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752
    Originally posted by Dauntis

This game is rancid, to the OP the operating problems you are having is just your trusty computer trying to keep you from using it to play crap.
    Worst game since Darkfall... possibly worst mmo I have ever played. I cannot fathom the audacity and balls it must take for them to charge for this steaming pile of garbage.

Worst game since Darkfall? oh hellz no you insulted the holy grail

prepare to die

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

Originally posted by Dauntis

Worst game since Darkfall? oh hellz no you insulted the holy grail

prepare to die

............unholy grail maybe

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!