Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D**M you DavidAllen you got me again

rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Why oh why did I get bored and decide to purchase this piece of trash after the horizons fiasco.But against my better judgement I did just that.Downloaded it installed it.I have around 70% packet loss in the game its the worse of any mmog I have ever tried to play I mean I can handle sucky game play but ffs fix the damn client and server issues.I run AoC,Aion,Eq2 and pretty much everything else full graphics and your telling me this piece of crap game won't run on my system? I have duel core processor over 6gb of ram a 1gb video card and I am gettin this kinda performance? This is the first game ever I have actually contacted Direct2Drive and demanded a refund and trust me I have played alot of crappy games.

Don't get suckered into buyin this piece of trash.

Comments

• Someone will tell you the game is just fine....it is your rig...just wait for it...its coming..

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

You actually bought the game? What were you thinking?

*Turns the knife more*

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by chouming

Someone will tell you the game is just fine....it is your rig...just wait for it...its coming..

Not on this site. This is the saddest game forum on this site. The lack of any true debate or conversation is sad.

I wish someone would actually tell us why the game is so good, all anyone does is say play it, or they say read this link...

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380

Someone will tell you the game is just fine....it is your rig...just wait for it...its coming..

Not on this site. This is the saddest game forum on this site. The lack of any true debate or conversation is sad.

That says somthing dosen't it.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

no there is no debate we all agree this game sucks

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Holgranth

That says somthing dosen't it.

Honestly, since I've been here there have only been two things that everyone agrees on at MMORPG.com, and one of them is Alganon sucks.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Goes to show that David Allen was kicked out of Artifact Entertainment for good reason. Remember all the sob stories we heard about how he was double-crossed by his business partners? He wasn't double-crossed. He failed, and they had to kick him out and pick up the pieces. Don't forget the fancy cars and other "benefits" Allen was able to take with him, leaving bugger all funds for the Artifact Entertainment team to finish Horizons with.

I got suckered. I cancelled last week.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by DoomReaper

Goes to show that David Allen was kicked out of Artifact Entertainment for good reason. Remember all the sob stories we heard about how he was double-crossed by his business partners? He wasn't double-crossed. He failed, and they had to kick him out and pick up the pieces. Don't forget the fancy cars and other "benefits" Allen was able to take with him, leaving bugger all funds for the Artifact Entertainment team to finish Horizons with.

I warned you.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

honestly never having played horizons i must say that just reading the garbage he is spouting about alganon being so great leads me to beilieve horizons stunk and that this guy is an idiot imo everything he says is false bravado or somethin i was always taught if it smells like shit looks like shit it must be you guessed it shit

If you know David Allen's history from Horizons then this won't be anything new. Those who are only recently familiar with the name might find this link interesting. Eventually it was revealed on the Pharoah forums (again you need to know DA's history to have been watching those forums) that DA wrote the article himself out of frustration. It's his side of the story and it's better than any soap opera on TV!

http://webz.us/hz/htm/wrh.htm

I long for the day when David Bowman decides to write his biography. He did the sensible thing and refrained from speaking about the fiasco but did say he might eventually talk about it if he ever wrote a biography of his life.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Thats what i thought too, but if you think this really is the only forum where any good discussion goes on anyways. I've yet to find any other active boards with enough experienced people.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by rznkain

Why oh why did I get bored and decide to purchase this piece of trash after the horizons fiasco.But against my better judgement I did just that.Downloaded it installed it.I have around 70% packet loss in the game its the worse of any mmog I have ever tried to play I mean I can handle sucky game play but ffs fix the damn client and server issues.I run AoC,Aion,Eq2 and pretty much everything else full graphics and your telling me this piece of crap game won't run on my system? I have duel core processor over 6gb of ram a 1gb video card and I am gettin this kinda performance? This is the first game ever I have actually contacted Direct2Drive and demanded a refund and trust me I have played alot of crappy games.

Hi Rznkain

I don't think it's the server  but possibly something wrong with your machine ?Have you updated all your drivers ?Sometimes an outdated video driver can cause havoc with your gameplay ...in fact the more I consider your issues the more I am absolutely convinced that this is a problem with your PC ....EVERYONE knows that Alganon is perfectly playable :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

Originally posted by TheDarzin

I warned you.

A lot of people warned you.

If you know David Allen's history from Horizons then this won't be anything new. Those who are only recently familiar with the name might find this link interesting. Eventually it was revealed on the Pharoah forums (again you need to know DA's history to have been watching those forums) that DA wrote the article himself out of frustration. It's his side of the story and it's better than any soap opera on TV!
    I long for the day when David Bowman decides to write his biography. He did the sensible thing and refrained from speaking about the fiasco but did say he might eventually talk about it if he ever wrote a biography of his life.

""“I have learned through reliable sources that David Allen has left Artifact for good. He is gone forever. He is not doing story, or the book, or the movie, he is doing nothing and that is because he was kicked out by people who could not recognize his genius.

He has gone off to start a new company that will express his true vision for what Horizons was going to be before it was modified beyond all reason. Keep an eye out for it."""

The Irony is 6 feet deep or possibly 7. And considering the bull he has spun about Alganon I seriously doubt his side of the story tells everything.

Thank-you very much for posting this. It was an extremely interesting read although I'm not sure what was fact and what was fiction.

I could see him having been stabbed in the back by greedy basterds, but I could also see him being removed because he was an incompetent dolt with delusions of grandure.

As far as Horisons goes I have seen enough of the basic design ideas to say that they are similar to what I dream MMO's may be like in 2020-2030. I honestly do not know if any of them were or are anywhere near obtainable at this point in time.

I think Allen is a man with a huge imagination and a pretty fair sized Ego to match. However those two things don't transtlate into practical, playable games.

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Hi Rznkain

I don't think it's the server  but possibly something wrong with your machine ?Have you updated all your drivers ?Sometimes an outdated video driver can cause havoc with your gameplay ...in fact the more I consider your issues the more I am absolutely convinced that this is a problem with your PC ....EVERYONE knows that Alganon is perfectly playable :)

er... you sound like a fanboy of the game...

Originally posted by 133794m3r

Hi Rznkain

His post garnered a chuckle, just as he intended :)

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Hi Rznkain

the sarcasm was a little TOO well disguised, i had to read that one twice =D

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

See that's why if the sarcasm's not too well known or easy to spot. It's very hard to know as this is the internet. The best sarcasm makes you seem like you believe it whilst after reading over it, it shows itself. I read it and didn't get it :/

who knows he may have been given a alganonananononon key for saying it. The company's probably going to go around paying for good reviews once they go f2p and also they'll pull a ddo. Where they'll make it so that you can't do much of anything outside of the base classes or really level w/o paying for the upgrades or paying for the full price to "unlock it all"

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by rznkain     Why oh why did I get bored and decide to purchase this piece of trash after the horizons fiasco.But against my better judgement I did just that.Downloaded it installed it.I have around 70% packet loss in the game its the worse of any mmog I have ever tried to play I mean I can handle sucky game play but ffs fix the damn client and server issues.I run AoC,Aion,Eq2 and pretty much everything else full graphics and your telling me this piece of crap game won't run on my system? I have duel core processor over 6gb of ram a 1gb video card and I am gettin this kinda performance? This is the first game ever I have actually contacted Direct2Drive and demanded a refund and trust me I have played alot of crappy games.

Hi Rznkain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Ravik

Honestly, since I've been here there have only been two things that everyone agrees on at MMORPG.com, and one of them is Alganon sucks.

One of the funniest things I've read on this site. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of iced tea when I read it. LOL.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by joker007mo

honestly never having played horizons i must say that just reading the garbage he is spouting about alganon being so great leads me to beilieve horizons stunk and that this guy is an idiot imo everything he says is false bravado or somethin i was always taught if it smells like shit looks like shit it must be you guessed it shit

Istaria/Horizons is light years beyond Alganon. It's still a bit clunky for me, but it is far more polished and innovative than Alganon.

If they ever tweak Istaria's mechanics to modernize it and make a membership push, I'd join in a heartbeat.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

""“I have learned through reliable sources that David Allen has left Artifact for good. He is gone forever. He is not doing story, or the book, or the movie, he is doing nothing and that is because he was kicked out by people who could not recognize his genius.

He has gone off to start a new company that will express his true vision for what Horizons was going to be before it was modified beyond all reason. Keep an eye out for it."""

The Irony is 6 feet deep or possibly 7. And considering the bull he has spun about Alganon I seriously doubt his side of the story tells everything.

Thank-you very much for posting this. It was an extremely interesting read although I'm not sure what was fact and what was fiction.

I could see him having been stabbed in the back by greedy basterds, but I could also see him being removed because he was an incompetent dolt with delusions of grandure.

As far as Horisons goes I have seen enough of the basic design ideas to say that they are similar to what I dream MMO's may be like in 2020-2030. I honestly do not know if any of them were or are anywhere near obtainable at this point in time.

I think Allen is a man with a huge imagination and a pretty fair sized Ego to match. However those two things don't transtlate into practical, playable games.

Holy #$#% #^$%^ #$%^$%#^ $%^#^#$%^ #$%^^& #$%& $%^& $%^ &$%^ &$%^&#$^%&#$%

Please tell me that was a joke.  I really really really hope Alganon was not his real vision for Horizons.  I used to hear crap about Bowman all the time and how he was fired from Turbine, but in all fairness some of Allen's ideas weren't that great.  At least the team now is working in the right direction. 

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    Originally posted by PhelimReagh

One of the funniest things I've read on this site. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of iced tea when I read it. LOL.

I want to know what the other thing was everyone agreed on.

Holy #$#% #^$%^ #$%^$%#^ $%^#^#$%^ #$%^^& #$%& $%^& $%^ &$%^ &$%^&#$^%&#$%  

Please tell me that was a joke.  I really really really hope Alganon was not his real vision for Horizons.  I used to hear crap about Bowman all the time and how he was fired from Turbine, but in all fairness some of Allen's ideas weren't that great.  At least the team now is working in the right direction. 

No joke no joke at ALL. David Allen wrote that intot he article that he wrote in third person.

Having said that I think he gave up on horizons as he origionally intended because he saw how well WoW worked out. Somewhere a little mathimatical equation went through his head: copy WoW= Fame + Profit.

As far as Bowman goes who knows, he COULD be a slime bag, however seeing how Allen operates I'm willing to give the guy the benifit of the doubt.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by Senadina

Originally posted by PhelimReagh

I want to know what the other thing was everyone agreed on.

Horizons sucked.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."