Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help choosing a pc.

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

I'm looking for a computer... there's so many CPU's, HD, graphic cards out there I have no clue what to choose from.

Now a few things -- I'm from Canada... so our money is different... secondly... I'm looking for a pretty decent gaming computer -- mostly going to be used for online games and up comming online games... I don't need speakers, monitor, mouse, or even dvd burner...

Thirdly I bought from this company before and they have great service, that's why I'm choosing them again...

Thanks for the suggestions... here's the site... there's a gameing section... perhaps looking there is the best part.

http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/

these look interesting...

vesta gamer z2400

Entra SLIA2500

or even the Vesta and Entra that cost 1200, though  I like the prices of the first two more...

Comments

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Well since the canadian dollar is worth a bit more then the US dollar your actually picking a good time to make your own PC.  Right now you can make a AMD system with 6gb of ddr3 , a 5770 ATi card which allows dx11 and all the other parts for 1200. Which basically is twice as good as those systems.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Techleo

Well since the canadian dollar is worth a bit more then the US dollar your actually picking a good time to make your own PC.  If youd like I could get you the specs for a system with the 1200 dollar value. I could probably make a considerably better system then what that site offers.

I'd be interested to see if you can find better prices than NCIX, from a company that will ship to Canada, including taxes and shipping for the same amount. NCIX is cheaper than Newegg.ca and TigerDirect.ca in many parts.

There is a nice thread here with different builds from that site that has nearly 100k views www.redflagdeals.com/forums/ncix-custom-built-computers-1000-700-gaming-computers-760568/

Sure if you buy the parts seperate and put together it will come cheaper. However, they only charge $50 CAD to put together and you can often get shipping for under $10. The weekly sales they have at NCIX are really decent. The US $ is still stronger at the moment.

The prices in the system builder are regular. Visit the weekly sales part (every wednesday they go up) www.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php  add stuff to cart and select config my pc for $50 you can save a few hundred $$ of the regular system builder drop downs. :)

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Thanks AmazingAvery... for your suggestion about the weekly sales... my only worries are... if i'm looking for weakly sales I have to make sure all the items are compatable?   And I need to know exactly what I'm buying... correct?  of those computers that are already built are they decent? which one would you recomend if I decided to get one of those?

Thanks... I'll look at what you suggest, just worried about buying wrong parts and such :)

That thread you gave me.... where the guys builds computers and suggest different parts... does he update taht weekly? could i not just purchase is suggestions... again i know nothing about pc's :)  the prices of his built computers look very reasonalbe.

ya i'm trying to look at the sales part of ncix.com but it's all jibberish to me i'd hate to make a major mistake.

I added his first suggestion to my cart "$1000 Build (Updated December 10th, 2009)" it came to $977.00... i'm very happy with that price...

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by momodig
    I'm looking for a computer... there's so many CPU's, HD, graphic cards out there I have no clue what to choose from.
    Now a few things -- I'm from Canada... so our money is different... secondly... I'm looking for a pretty decent gaming computer -- mostly going to be used for online games and up comming online games... I don't need speakers, monitor, mouse, or even dvd burner...
    Thirdly I bought from this company before and they have great service, that's why I'm choosing them again...
    Thanks for the suggestions... here's the site... there's a gameing section... perhaps looking there is the best part.
    http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/

these look interesting...
    vesta gamer z2400
    Entra SLIA2500
    or even the Vesta and Entra that cost 1200, though  I like the prices of the first two more...

Well, NCIX's site is pretty cool, you can modify those PC's with any part you find suitable from their site by clicking the Advanced option and it's easy to share configs. Doing that I took an Entra SLI and modified it to this, though I probably shoulda just started from scratch:
    http://pc.ncix.com/pcgallerynew/index.php?id=1001471

It's a Phenom II X3 720, with a Crossfire mobo and a Radeon 5770, 4gb ddr3 ram, $976.

Another good setup would be using an i5 but you'd have to get a cheaper video card to keep the price down going that route.

You could just take the base Vesta Gamer and throw in an Intel e8400 and radeon 5770 or GTX260 and be set too.

what about 1000$ dec 10 build?

• IdtaIdta Member UncommonPosts: 24

I actually just purchased a dell studio Studio xps 8000 and it's freaking awesome thus far. I got everything I need in it and it can run any game out right now on high-very high settings...It cost me about 1200 bucks or so.  You could built your pc yourself for cheaper if you just go to Canada Computers or a similar store and purchase parts and put them together, but the warranty is pretty much non existent that way O.o

I would have done that but since my college was paying for my pc they require warranty so I chose dell instead of some crappy futureshop computer...I am very happy with my decision :)

I am running a:

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8 GHz

Ram: 8 GB DDR3

Video Card: NVIDIA GTX260 with 1.8 (approx) gigs of dedicated memory

and...1TB SERIAL ATA II hard drive

Good luck!

How does this look?

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W ATX 20/24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Fan Active PFC Power Supply

Usually ships in 1-2 business days.

To keep this price, you have to check out within 5 days.

In Stock 33041 $79.99 $79.99

Gigabyte P55A-UD3 ATX LGA1156 P55 DDR3 2PCI-E 2PCI RAID GBLAN CrossFireX USB3.0 SATA3 Motherboard

In Stock 46237 $150.99 $150.99

G.SKILL F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM Ripjaws PC3-10666 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL8-8-8-24 Core i5 Memory Kit

In Stock 42743 $113.99 $113.99

Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield LGA1156 2.66GHZ 8MB Cache Retail Box

In Stock 42499 $234.99 $234.99

Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB Dual Proc 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive OEM 5YR Mfg Warranty

Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

Back Order 34286 $81.23 $81.23

Liteon IHAS124 24X DVD Writer SATA Black OEM

In Stock 45244 $32.83 $32.83

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI Display Port Lite Retail Video Card

In Stock 45066 $178.99 $178.99

PC Assembly and Testing with 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty (PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased)

Assembly and testing requires an additional 4-5 business days to ship your order once all parts are in stock. Does not include any water cooling or server CPU installation. 1 Year Limited Warranty on system components assembled by NCIX.

In Stock 7842 $50.00 $50.00

Antec Three Hundred Mini Tower Gaming Case 300 ATX 3X5.25 6X3.5INT No PS F

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

looks perfect dude. I'd do that for sure if that's your price range.

• IdtaIdta Member UncommonPosts: 24

Looks great to me :D

• dfandfan Member Posts: 362

Get a samsung F3 hdd, it has 500 gig platters instead of 320 in WD.