Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The origional is always better than the sequel

jannesjannes Member Posts: 29

Prove me wrong image

And, more important, is EQ2 going to confirm this rule by beiing the only exception?

Comments

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875
    hmm...why isn't learn to spell a answer?

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• Kpton3Kpton3 Member Posts: 12
    EQlive is the best game ever made and will always be in my life. I play EQ2 but for me EQ1 is the best of all.

• GindolmerGindolmer Member Posts: 94

Sequels better than the original from the very top of my head:

X-Men 2

Evil Dead 2

Edit: It doesn't really matter if EQ2 will be "better" than the original or not in my mind... I just want it to be fun, original, challenging, and huge.

_______
    Signaturen-Creator

_______
    Signaturen-Creator

System: AMD Athlon 64 3200+, ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256Mb @ 445/405, 1gb Corsair pc3200 RAM, 80gb 7200rpm HD, Liquid cooling.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Well, I know of a few sequels that are better than the original. :P

But I never played the EQlive, so I don't have to worry about that(though I do have to hear all the flames about it ::::18::::::18::::::18:: ).

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

Ive played both and I have to say that I am more drawn to EQ2 than I was EQlive. It just seems a little more accessable to me. Both are great though and shouldnt be missed.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I think the sequels are usually better... however, the fact that they are making a sequel to "Oceans Eleven" is just plain dumb.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    That doesn't always hold true.  Resident Evil 2 movie was way better then Resident Evil 1 movie.  Same could be said about the RE2 game vs RE1 game.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• SraelonSraelon Member Posts: 36

hmm...why isn't learn to spell a answer?

If it were me who made this post, I'd check my grammar before making an ass out of myself complaining about someone else's spelling, but that's just me. Most people don't mind being the unwitting victim of their own posts.

Way to go, 'Maximus'!

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    The Road Warrior (Mad Max 2)was much better than Mad Max. Final Fantasy 2 was much better than the original, and 3 better than both. Better graphics = better game. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I want EQ5 image

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Great, keep playing EQLive. It's not a sequel, it's a TOTALLY different game, the only thing similar is the setting, the gameplay is nothing like EQLive.

• jannesjannes Member Posts: 29

I was more aiming at games than movies with this thread. My experience is that most games with an "2" behind their name are just bad / veary cheap made / bugged / unorigional / u-name-it. Since EQ2 team stated to be going for an total new game, and seen the time they worked on it, i doubt it falls under the "2"-is-bad rule. just tought about it in general.

Thx for the spelling compliment image

edit: havent even played EQlive image