Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 free 23 days, not Vanguard !

SOE is giving 23 days of EQ2 to old players, Check your Station Launcher.  Note: if you had previously played any  SOE mmo's you should get any free content they offer.  

Of course its also bad timing because WoW just launched a major patch, causing everyone to re-sub to WoW.

This post is more to talk about advertising by SOE,,,,,,THEY DO EVERYTHING BY WORD OF MOUTH,,,,,Everyone on the Everquest 2 board is saying how SOE uses strange or cheap ways to advertise, no e-mails, no nothing !!  They must think people have the Station Launcher running 24/7 on their computer.........Damm, it's so frustrating.  I would love for the day that they would send out e-mails to everyone at the same time for Vanguard.

Comments

• Yeah I know, their promoting is terrible and very frustrating. I have no idea why they do it this way, it's obviously not a good way to go,and it makes very little sense to me. 

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by page

SOE is giving 23 days of EQ2 to old players, Check your Station Launcher.  Note: if you had previously played any  SOE mmo's you should get any free content they offer.  
    Of course its also bad timing because WoW just launched a major patch, causing everyone to re-sub to WoW.
    This post is more to talk about advertising by SOE,,,,,,THEY DO EVERYTHING BY WORD OF MOUTH,,,,,Everyone on the Everquest 2 board is saying how SOE uses strange or cheap ways to advertise, no e-mails, no nothing !!  They must think people have the Station Launcher running 24/7 on their computer.........Damm, it's so frustrating.  I would love for the day that they would send out e-mails to everyone at the same time for Vanguard.

I agree, If they would given old Vanguard subs a 23 day trail I might come back to the game. Then the next issue I never get notified when that is happening. SOE is a bit strange on their methods of advertising.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I just checked, and I don't have any free time.

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532

I just checked my account and I do have 23  free days. Thanks for letting us know this. 

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by Outis

Originally posted by page

I agree, If they would given old Vanguard subs a 23 day trail I might come back to the game. Then the next issue I never get notified when that is happening. SOE is a bit strange on their methods of advertising.

Actually they have on multiple occasions given 30 days free vg play time to "win back" customers.

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

Vanguard gives free months out every year. just because it's not at the same time as EQ2 doesn't mean Vanguard is left behind in that regard.

Anyway enjoy EQ2 as long as it lasts :)

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Given Vanguard's non-existent  sub numbers and SOE's decision to pull all VG devs off of Vanguard to work most of their time on other SOE games it is unlikely they will be giving out  a free trial this Xmas.

But then a gain SOE never has had an interest in developing or promoting VG.  VG has only been used as a marketing base for EQ2 and as another dying unsupported game to sit in their station package.  Very sad to see VG just wither and die the last 2.5 years as vanguard is arguably the best MMO on the market.  Given even marginal resources it could have been a great game for another 5+ years. 

• broemanbroeman Member UncommonPosts: 25

From past years, Vanguard usually has a free month from middle/end of December till end of January, but I don't know SOE's plan this year.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Vanguard uses gets free subs the same time as EQ.

SoE has no interest in keeping VG alive because it makes EQ2 look horrible by comparison. SoE is slowly strangling the company, quite publicly and deliberately. 

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

I could be wrong here but if you have opted out on recieving mail when you created your Vanguard account you are not going to be informed of free months.

I don't remember if I did this personally so I can't say for sure. I do know that I'm not getting emails from either EQ2 or Vanguard so there is a good chance i am right

• ArgahawkArgahawk Member UncommonPosts: 78

just check my account and have just 1 day from 23 thanks SOE for information about free time in EQ2