Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW - how to get teir 10 armour

coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Thought I would post this as one of my guild was wondering what the new emblems were for [Emblem of frost] and how to get T10.

Getting teir 10 is similar to Teir 9 but with a few changes.. those who have teir 9 will know the change, to others its not important so Im not goona talk about it :p

Emblem of frost is the new emblem in 3.3, they are obtained by..

• x3 dropped from each ICC (icecrown) raid bosses,
  • x5 of them for completing the new weekly raid quest
  • x2 for completing a random dungeon each day
  • x2 from Toravan - new boss in VoA
  • You also get some from doing parts of a quest chain that jaina/sylvannas gives you.

There are 3 sets of teir 10 for each class, all 3 look the same aside from a colour difference and ofc stats, here is an example of the hunters gloves:

The 10.0 set is purchased just with emblems of frost, but you'll need alot of them each of the 5 peices cost either 60 or 95 emblems. Full set works out at about 450 emblems.

The 10.5 set is purchases by trading a peice of 10.0 and a multi class armour token dropped from ICC raid bosses (1025man normal)

The 10.5 Heroic set is purchases by trading a peice of the 10.0 or 10.5 and an multi class armour token dropped from ICC raid bosses (1025man Heroic)

-- this was correct as of a few weeks ago, but I have not read that its changed.

Comments

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Don't you ever get tired of farming for armor sets?

D1,D1.5,T1,T2,T2.5,T3,D2,T4,T5,T6,T7.T7.5,T8,T8.5,T9,T9.5,T10,T10.5

This doesn't even include pvp armor.

Seriously i'm starting to feel bad for you guys.

Well atleast you have a light at the end of the tunnel aye? Next expansion you get that path of the titans progression that hopefully stops the gear farming for a little while.

Seriously you have to feel a bit worn out with all the gear resets and lack of progression WoW puts into the game every two months.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Well atleast you have a light at the end of the tunnel aye? Next expansion you get that path of the titans progression that hopefully stops the gear farming for a little while.
    Seriously you have to feel a bit worn out with all the gear resets and lack of progression WoW puts into the game every two months.

It doesn't help that there are only a few gear models in the game. The graphics are completely outdated and all the recent tier sets are re-hashed same old pieces of shit. That's my only comment on the matter.

Originally posted by Krn_Assassin

It doesn't help that there are only a few gear models in the game. The graphics are completely outdated and all the recent tier sets are re-hashed same old pieces of shit. That's my only comment on the matter.

ehhh wow fans don't play WoW for the graphics. I'm just saying It has to get tiring to just finish up a nice complete armor set and then have to farm the same slots so soon.

Back in vanilla WoW I had my full t2 armor for like a year. It atleast felt like i accomplished something.

New gear comes in so fast these days. hard to be proud of what you did in the game and im sure it wears on people.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Long ago and far away, when TBC was on the near horzon I looked into this tunnel and saw the day when gear 10.0 would be coming out, and decided to turn away from the game because that wasn't a road I wanted to travel.

But there are those who enjoy this game mechanic, obtaining new gear is the highest goal in game they desire and they will raid any dungeon, grind any faction, or kill any player they have to get it.

EVE's a bit different of course, we still like to fly shiny new ships. (I recently got my training done for 3/4 races Mauraders) however it isn't my total focus nor is obtaining more ISK the only interest in EVE that I have.

Different strokes for differernt folks of course, but I do agree, its almost withers the soul to see gear levels like 10.0

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

If your only purpose in WoW is to farm armor sets then you probably will burn out pretty fast and each new content patch must feel like a kick in the balls.  Luckily it seems most players simply like to try out the new content and get the gear as a bonus.  This isn't vanilla WoW where you were locked out of content if you did not farm months for the right gear.  Blizzard has been steadily making gear just a simple means to an end rather than the goal of progression.  If you are skilful enough to do the new content the gear will take care of itself.

I feel sorry for anyone who is still stuck in the old concepts of what gear means and still believes the 'Gear Myth'.

Originally posted by Torik

If your only purpose in WoW is to farm armor sets then you probably will burn out pretty fast and each new content patch must feel like a kick in the balls.  Luckily it seems most players simply like to try out the new content and get the gear as a bonus.  This isn't vanilla WoW where you were locked out of content if you did not farm months for the right gear.  Blizzard has been steadily making gear just a simple means to an end rather than the goal of progression.  If you are skilful enough to do the new content the gear will take care of itself.

I feel sorry for anyone who is still stuck in the old concepts of what gear means and still believes the 'Gear Myth'.

While I'm aware Blizzard offers WoW players a couple gameplay options to keep them busy the game still revolves around gear.

If it didn't why bother posting this?

Why do people raid? For items. it's not an old way of doing things or thinking. Why do all the raiders use shit like gear score? Items are a big part of WoW. There is no "myth".

I'm sure there are many players that are tired of farming gear, yet they continue to do it. Pointing this out doesn't mean I'm stuck in old concepts.

I'm kind of insulted actually, i go out of my way to make sure I know trends in a game i post on.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Long ago and far away, when TBC was on the near horzon I looked into this tunnel and saw the day when gear 10.0 would be coming out, and decided to turn away from the game because that wasn't a road I wanted to travel.

But there are those who enjoy this game mechanic, obtaining new gear is the highest goal in game they desire and they will raid any dungeon, grind any faction, or kill any player they have to get it.

EVE's a bit different of course, we still like to fly shiny new ships. (I recently got my training done for 3/4 races Mauraders) however it isn't my total focus nor is obtaining more ISK the only interest in EVE that I have.

Different strokes for differernt folks of course, but I do agree, its almost withers the soul to see gear levels like 10.0

WoW and EvE are very different games, I cannot see how mining rocks in space for 5 hours a day is fun or putting my ship on autopilot while I go make a cup of tea and then orbit an enemy and just click my guns every few seconds is classed as PvP.

But being serious.  you dont have to get T10, T9 is enough to complete ICC (icecrown) in 10 and 25man if you wish, if raiding is not your thing, why not form an arena team? why not play the battlegrounds? why not try and achieve all in game achivements? why not play the auction house? why not try to level a new profession? why not do some 5man dungeons? wjy not power level some lowbies and so on.

I have just 3 bits of T9 but im not in a harcore raid guild we raid once a week, now that T10 is out I'll keep my T9 bits and pick up some T10 bits I think I need boots and legs.  So I aim to have 3 bits T9 and 2 bits of T10.. anything more is bonus but its not a chore.  And full T10 is far from my focus.

The only ever time I have had a full epic set was T2 in vanillia WoW - but back then I was a hardcore raider.  I dont hive a filp if I have a full set as long as I am still enjoying the game.

You can burn out on WoW if you play to much and most the wow haters on this forum are burned out WoW players.

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

While I'm aware Blizzard offers WoW a couple gameplay options to keep them busy the game still revolves around gear.

Why do people raid? For items. it's not an old way of doing things or thinking. Why do all the raiders use shit like gear score? Items are a big part of WoW. There is no "myth".

I'm sure there are many players that are tired of farming gear, yet they continue to do it. Pointing this out doesn't mean I'm stuck in old concepts.

I'm kind of insulted actually, i go out of my way to make sure I know trends in a game i post on.

So what is the objective in Eve other than farming ISK 24/7 and flying through space ?  what is the point in EQ, what is the point in lotro, what is the point in any Moo.  You chat shit 24/7 about wow, for some that keep ranting like a maniac how much he despises wow and blizard, you sure do spend all your time just tlaking about wow.  Yes peopel raid for itesm in wow, its like any game where there are items.  If i dont raid for items i cna go quest, gather crafting mats, go quest, go pvp, go explore do you see that I cna do other things other than farm for items.  Or are you so blinded by hatred u cant get past that fact.  What do you do with ur isk in eve, yes that right u go get ur shiny new ships.  Blizzard makes those items for peopel that want them so people go get them, peopel can and do do other things besides raid. 

• DjfusionDjfusion Member Posts: 186

While I'm aware Blizzard offers WoW a couple gameplay options to keep them busy the game still revolves around gear.

I think you are looking at the situation with closed eyes. Yes you may know about the new "trends" but that doesn't mean much really.

I feel like getting the gear is a large part of WoW, but its NOT the only thing to do. Some people actually enjoy CONTENT in games, like playing through the dungeons and getting story out of it. As an EvE player you should understand this concept, knowing there is a lot more to Eve then just grinding ISK and waiting for skills to run out of time and switch to new skills, repeat repeat...right?

The point is, there is a TON of content in WoW, and if you want to be close minded and say gear is the only thing to get in game, your opinion is void of anything that can be considered reasonable..

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

you mean tear 10.5? or the item level being above 300? I'll agree with you. i started playing wow recently or well did play it recently. I got the battle chest. I was playing the battle grounds which i thought was fun. Then i saw the future. Death Knights owning the battle grounds from 60-75. Also the end game raiding. Where i have to grind to be able to grind for better gear and then grind some more and keep doing that till i get the "uber epics" that's currently the best.  I didn't really care for this style of gameplay. I like "ooh shiney" just like everyone else. But one game that has more armor models than wow is PW and apparently that's a sucky game but that's one thing they did do was to give lots of armor styles.

WoW currently is all about grinding to get the best gear. If it wasn't for that i might have actually continued to paly it.

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435
    Originally posted by 133794m3r

you mean tear 10.5? or the item level being above 300? I'll agree with you. i started playing wow recently or well did play it recently. I got the battle chest. I was playing the battle grounds which i thought was fun. Then i saw the future. Death Knights owning the battle grounds from 60-75. Also the end game raiding. Where i have to grind to be able to grind for better gear and then grind some more and keep doing that till i get the "uber epics" that's currently the best.  I didn't really care for this style of gameplay. I like "ooh shiney" just like everyone else. But one game that has more armor models than wow is PW and apparently that's a sucky game but that's one thing they did do was to give lots of armor styles.

WoW currently is all about grinding to get the best gear. If it wasn't for that i might have actually continued to paly it.

Did someone tell you to get shiny epics?  No they did not, its upto you, u could have just sat in BG all dya if u wished, u could have quested every quest if u wished, u could have crafted every itme if u wished, u could have fished all day if u wished, u could have run 5 man dungeions if u wished, u could have explored the continents if u wished, u could have actually gone into bootybay and started killing noobs if u wished, u could have go to XR and killed every NPC if u wished, u could have gone to orgrimaar, or IF and killed everyone in AH if u wished, u could have gathered crafting mats if u wished, u could have completed the huge number of  achievment sif u wished, u could have grinded gold all day if u wished, u could have sat at lvl 19 all day every day and done low lvl BG if u wished.  But for someone that started recently he decided  i will quit because even though I cna do lots of different things i will quit because i dont want to get gear. NEWSFLASH nobody told u u have to.

You call them 'trends', I call them stereotypes. 

The 'gear is everything' epeen wavers get a lot of publicity but that is becuase they are the most vocal and visible of WoW's sub-groups.  The top raiders only care about gear as far as it lets them beat more and more difficult content.  The casual raiders care more about actually beating the regular content.  It is the wannabe-hardore raiders who complain about 'welfare epics' and how new expansions destroy their 'gear progress'.

The 'Gear Myth' is that you need top end gear to raid in WoW.  In fact if you are skilled enough you can do the harder content in pretty lackluster gear.  The flip side of this is that if you are skilled in raiding then you are going to get the gear anyway.

Items are definetly a big part of WoW but they no longer define what you can or cannot do in the game. 

The Gearscore Issue has become big news lately but most raids still get put together without considering gearscore or achievements. 

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

If you were truly on top of things you would have known that loot/loot sets have been part of Blizzard's m.o. before WoW. I remember farming for set pieces in Diablo and Diablo II, before setting foot in any raid dungeon in WoW. And some game companies/games will always have a quirk or two that they are well known for:

Bioware has conversation trees in their games

Rare had 3-d rendered graphics on lockdown for the 16-bit era

Origins System's Ultima series had the virtues system in every game

Sir Tech's Wizardry series had character classes as a main m.o.

And a slew of Diablo fans I'm sure drool over the notion of bending over backwards to get the newest tier armor sets in the game. I guess it's Blizzard's way of infusing different aspects of their games and presenting them to the WoW community. I stop chasing that rabbit a long time ago, but it doesn't get more than a passing glance from me anymore.

Thing is though, because so many options are available to the players that enjoy WoW, picking 1 out of the many choices to discredit will fail as soon as another player comes along and tells you that's not what drives them.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• LexiscatLexiscat Member Posts: 204

Long time reader, first time poster.

Been playing World of Warcraft for a couple years since they merged the Classic Servers on DAoC.

Over the last 3-4 months, I have not done a raid or instance encounter that had any kind of upgrade for my Druid in WoW. ToC 10/25 Heroic doesn't interest me since my guild is currently only up to Freya on the Ulduar Hardmodes. We are all older, less adept gamers, who miss the younger years when we could pickup any encounter in one try. We hoot and holler each time we defeat a new hardmode, even though we are using gear from regular ToC 10/25 which is arguably easier to obtain then Ulduar Hardmodes.

Why are we spending thousands of gold on repair bills, and hundreds of hours on content that yields no gear rewards? For the accomplishment. For the enjoyment of the encounter. For the stimulation and how your personal stresses are forgotten for a time while your full attention is drawn to the encounter.

We aren't the only guild like this. Though I am probably the only one from my guild who ever reads game forums, outside of Warcraft related websites.

If Warcraft is successful, its not because of the gear grind. Its because of the gameplay. Its a fun game to play.

“Nothing excites jaded Grandmasters more than a theoretical novelty”

The 'gear is everything' epeen wavers get a lot of publicity but that is becuase they are the most vocal and visible of WoW's sub-groups.  The top raiders only care about gear as far as it lets them beat more and more difficult content.  The casual raiders care more about actually beating the regular content.  It is the wannabe-hardore raiders who complain about 'welfare epics' and how new expansions destroy their 'gear progress'.

The 'Gear Myth' is that you need top end gear to raid in WoW.  In fact if you are skilled enough you can do the harder content in pretty lackluster gear.  The flip side of this is that if you are skilled in raiding then you are going to get the gear anyway.

Items are definetly a big part of WoW but they no longer define what you can or cannot do in the game. 

The Gearscore Issue has become big news lately but most raids still get put together without considering gearscore or achievements. 

I 100% disagree with you when it comes to gear defining what you can or cannot do in WoW. Obviously you only need tier 9 for the new raids. Would it make sense to need t10 to run it? try to do anythig with sub par gear and see how many raiding options you have.

The people on this forum that support WoW are an insignificant minority. the ones that speak of different ways to play other than getting items.

Lets go talk to the 99% of WoWs playerbase and ask them if WoWs main goal is to farm items.

You and I know full well what the focus of the game is.

We both know what they would say.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

People who play high-rated arena do it for the sake of competition instead of gear, since the highest useful arena piece is the T2 weapon, which needs only 2200 rating.

People who do hardmodes also do them for the sake of difficulty, because the difference between 25man gear and 25man hard gear is insignificant and would not hinder progression to next raid in any way.

• LexiscatLexiscat Member Posts: 204

I 100% disagree with you when it comes to gear defining what you can or cannot do in WoW. Obviously you only need tier 9 for the new raids. Would it make sense to need t10 to run it? try to do anythig with sub par gear and see how many raiding options you have.

The people on this forum that support WoW are an insignificant minority. the ones that speak of different ways to play other than getting items.

Lets go talk to the 99% of WoWs playerbase and ask them if WoWs main goal is to farm items.

Fabricated statistics like these, are why it is exceedingly difficult for reasonable people to participate on these forums.

If you honestly believe your statement, then i honestly believe your out of touch with the heart of the Warcraft Community.

The game is the encounters. Gear is just a means of making encounters achievable, or easier. If you can't complete an encounter, you can upgrade your gear to give yourself an edge. Outgear the encounter. Roleplaying games have always been like this in my experience. If you failed, you usually went out and leveled, or upgraded your gear and tried again.

The tools aren't the trade.

“Nothing excites jaded Grandmasters more than a theoretical novelty”

Originally posted by Thenarius

People who play high-rated arena do it for the sake of competition instead of gear, since the highest useful arena piece is the T2 weapon, which needs only 2200 rating.

People who do hardmodes also do them for the sake of difficulty, because the difference between 25man gear and 25man hard gear is insignificant and would not hinder progression to next raid in any way.

Nahh its mostly about gear. as an arena player gear is first then once you have all of your stuff you could go for achievements/titles.

I wonder how many people would arena on normal WoW servers if you couldn't get gear from it.

My guess would be none.

Originally posted by Lexiscat

Fabricated statistics like these, are why it is exceedingly difficult for reasonable people to participate on these forums.

If you honestly believe your statement, then i honestly believe your out of touch with the heart of the Warcraft Community.

The game is the encounters. Gear is just a means of making encounters achievable, or easier. If you can't complete an encounter, you can upgrade your gear to give yourself an edge. Outgear the encounter. Roleplaying games have always been like this in my experience. If you failed, you usually went out and leveled, or upgraded your gear and tried again.

the game is about the encounters to those gifted .25% of bleeding edge guilds that go for world firsts and write strat guides for the regular players that just use the guides for gear farming.

You know I'm right.

Seriously this topic was about tier 10 armor anyway.

All I said was that it must get tiring to farm for armor that is replaced so quickly. Many people would agree with me even if they love WoW. Some like replacing items fast.

I on the other hand like to keep the stuff I earn for a bit, it makes it feel like it was worth the effort.

I'm sure you could understand that.

Nahh its mostly about gear. as an arena player gear is first then once you have all of your stuff you could go for achievements/titles.

I wonder how many people would arena on normal WoW servers if you couldn't get gear from it.

My guess would be none.

Well, lol, I could twist things like that for any game you want.

And, nah, if strats were so efficient, we'd see 75% of WoW's population finishing TOGC 10/25. But we don't, do we?

My guess would be none.

And, nah, if strats were so efficient, we'd see 75% of WoW's population finishing TOGC 10/25. But we don't, do we?

If the game is about the encounters, the challenge and the thrill of discovering new fights. Why do so many guilds use strats?

Maybe to take down the bosses fast for items?

Come on man we can do this all day.  Why don;t we just agree that in WoW items play a big part when it comes to the goals of most players. Sure there are a few people that don't care but their the minority.

My guess would be none.

If the game is about the encounters, the challenge and the thrill of discovering new fights. Why do so many guilds use strats?

Come on man we can do this all day.  Why don;t we just agree that in WoW items play a big part when it comes to the goals of most players. Sure there are a few people that don't care but their the minority.

Well then, let's just say we look at WoW from different points of view and quit this pointless arguing.

My guess would be none.

Well then, let's just say we look at WoW from different points of view and quit this pointless arguing.

Agreed, Oh and this isn't arguing I consider it a discussion or pleasant conversaion.

it was a pleasure.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by Lexiscat

I wish this were true. The statistics may be fabricated, but the intent and experience is not. I would argue that the vast majority of current WoW players only raid and arena for carrot on a stick items. For the most part, they don't care who they have to hurt or step on to get them either. That's just the current mentality of the game to a very large extent.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by Palebane 
    I wish this were true. The statistics may be fabricated, but the intent and experience is not. I would argue that the vast majority of current WoW players only raid and arena for carrot on a stick items. For the most part, they don't care who they have to hurt or step on to get them either. That's just the current mentality of the game to a very large extent.

I would argue the opposite.  The vast majority of WoW players raid and PvP becasue they like the challenge in those activities and the gear is a nice bonus.  The vast availablity of really good gear in WotLK has forced the gear obsessed people to either quit the game or change their mindset.  If you obsess over gear in today's WoW you will go insane since everyone knows by now that if you wait a few months the gear will become obsolete. 

WoW is getting some really bad publicity because of how visible the jerkass players are but that is masking how underneath it the community is refocusing away from the gear grind.