Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the new startrek universe mmog

im trying to find the artical on the startrek universe mmog that is scheduled to be out 2006-2007

i fight the battles other fear

EagleRanger

EagleRanger

Comments

• PrestonPreston Member Posts: 122

Don't know about an article, but here are the message boards:

http://boards.startrek.com/community/messages.html?act=SF;f=15

I'm disappointed that there won't be PvP. Without PvP it seems kind of pointless to me.

Kingdom of Eleador

• omega_staromega_star Member Posts: 4
    i can see this being a dull game or a star trek command clone as everyone will want to be in the federation

If you stare in to the void the void stares back

• eaglerangereagleranger Member Posts: 66

imageI THINK that if they do this right this will be  the biggest hit ever released do   simply to the 500,000 + dedicated fan base that pre dates most mmog out there

imagethey are hungary to imerse themselfs into the startrek universe i know i enjoyed sfc1,2 and 3 greatly just being able to fly the starships against the klingons and romulans in battle

imageand what i seen of sfc1,2,3 that there is a  large fan base for the klingons,romulans, isc as well as the other race in the startrek universe i dont see it being  boring

if anything i see it being a fantastic time to be a GAMMMMMMMER  YEA!!!!!!!image

EagleRanger

EagleRanger

• PrestonPreston Member Posts: 122

[quote]Originally posted by eagleranger
    [b]imageI THINK that if they do this right this will be  the biggest hit ever released do   simply to the 500,000 + dedicated fan base that pre dates most mmog out there
    imagethey are hungary to imerse themselfs into the startrek universe i know i enjoyed sfc1,2 and 3 greatly just being able to fly the starships against the klingons and romulans in battle
    imageand what i seen of sfc1,2,3 that there is a  large fan base for the klingons,romulans, isc as well as the other race in the startrek universe i dont see it being  boring
    if anything i see it being a fantastic time to be a GAMMMMMMMER  YEA!!!!!!![/quote]

From what I heard you can only be from the human race at release. Has anyone heard differently?

Again, without PvP ::::07::

Kingdom of Eleador

• eaglerangereagleranger Member Posts: 66

imagehave faith friend it is just starting development ill almost bet it will have pvp and you will probably get to play other races you just got to have a little faith

imagethose who say there wont be is just not wanting to believe it will a great game

EagleRanger

EagleRanger

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

Yeah, I mean... if we just wanna hate stuff, there's a million reasons to hate Star Trek Online, especially since we can make up facts and opinions based on nothing...

However, logic and likelihood put PvE TrekO as simply unexpanded TrekO.  You can't be part of the Klingon Empire and part of the Federation without having PvP of some sort.  And you can't have a Star Trek game without the federation but you CAN have a successful Star Trek game without including being able to play as Klingon Imperials and other hostile or occasionally hostile factions.  You can't do this for long, but you can do it for a little while... especially if you spent a lot of effort on making the Federation an excellent game unto itself.  And we all know MMOs can be successful without PvP and add PvP later (whether the PvP is liked or not is obviously up for debate)

Again, this is obvious to the keen eye, but if we just wanna say that any MMO with PvP as number one priority is weak, then I offer you imagination... borrow it... you'll realize how closed-minded you are...

----------------------------
    City of Heroes Fanboy
    Future Game Designer
    All-around bad mutha-shutchomouf

The Illusion of Choice

• VeloxmadgVeloxmadg Member Posts: 17

Try

http:/www.startrek.com

after you get there do a search, all the articles and press releases over STO is on there.  If not  a search, there is a heading for games, then go to nline games

Veloxitymadog *EnB* Defender

Veloxitymadog *EnB* Defender