Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why doesn't the launch video show the credits for the praise?

TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

I am curious as to why the launch video which shows all these positive quotes doesn't show where the quotes actually came from. Talk about being disingenuous, I mean even if it was forum members it would be good. But, I can't find a single review of the actual game so I am really boggled by those quotations. (I have a feeling some of them are from alpha reviews of the game, that happened about year ago.)

Comments

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by TheDarzin

I am curious as to why the launch video which shows all these positive quotes doesn't show where the quotes actually came from. Talk about being disingenuous, I mean even if it was forum members it would be good. But, I can't find a single review of the actual game so I am really boggled by those quotations. (I have a feeling some of them are from alpha reviews of the game, that happened about year ago.)

Yep they amused me too, I'd say they are quoting the most positive things some overzealous fanbois have said. If they were actually coming from some person or organization that is actually known and respected it would be shown.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140

Or perhaps all those quotes came from the devs heads. They seem to have a great imagination in quotes, contrary to game development and execution.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Its david allens vision! thats what he thinks of alganon, pfft how didn't you get that?

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

I *think* theyre from that piece Jason van Horn wrote for an mmo website. Might be wrong, but some of it sounded familiar.

edit: hmm. no thats not it, I was wrong.

http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=5030

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by jimsmith08

I *think* theyre from that piece Jason van Horn wrote for an mmo website. Might be wrong, but some of it sounded familiar.
    edit: hmm. no thats not it, I was wrong.
    http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=5030

My tastes and Jason Van Horn's are officialy very, very different.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I don't think jason even counts as a critic...good thing they werent his.