Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions

HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Real quick background: I beta tested and played for a month after release. I've been thinking about giving it another try.

Okay first question.

1) When you jump someone and pull them into an instance does the final blow still get the loot?

(I played pirate and when I used to ambush lone nationals in the red zone I would have a vulture hop in my instance, wait for me to do 90% of the work and then land the sinking broadside and receive the loot. That one thing alone pissed me off so much after the umpteenth time I finally said F'it.)

2) Is there still the ability to play a trader/manufacture? I read somewhere there isnt much that is being purchased off the AH because everything is now self-contained in societies? i.e. no market for the solo player to sell.

3) Is it still impossible to use stealth fittings so that my detection range is low/short enough I can attempt to play a solo-ganker-of-opportunity.

(I left when they totally screwed over the stealthing on the open sea for pirates. the #2 reason I didnt wait around for them to fix the finale blow wins everything BS mechanic)

4) Can pirates still capture ships?

5) What is the gaming population like later at night? (after 11:30pm westcoast time)

6) Can I still sink NPC SoL's in my Mastercraft Locust? (Am I even remembering the name correctly?)

7) Other things that I cant think of at the moment.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Comments

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

1) When you jump someone and pull them into an instance does the final blow still get the loot?

(I played pirate and when I used to ambush lone nationals in the red zone I would have a vulture hop in my instance, wait for me to do 90% of the work and then land the sinking broadside and receive the loot. That one thing alone pissed me off so much after the umpteenth time I finally said F'it.)

Yes, provided they havn't just been sunk which enables a recently killed flag so that others get nothing.

2) Is there still the ability to play a trader/manufacture? I read somewhere there isnt much that is being purchased off the AH because everything is now self-contained in societies? i.e. no market for the solo player to sell.

There is plenty of AH activity on the more busy servers like Roberts EU or to some extent Blackbeard USA

3) Is it still impossible to use stealth fittings so that my detection range is low/short enough I can attempt to play a solo-ganker-of-opportunity.

The effectiveness of stealth has been reduced as it was felt unrealistic for wooden ships to behave like submarines.

• HannothanHannothan Member Posts: 13

No. This was fixed. If you are the first to attack someone, and then keep them in combat until they are sunk, you get the loot.

There is always a market if you know where to look and what to sell. I never had a problem making money off the auction house. You may have a hard time moving more exotic items. Even on the lower population servers you can still move some products.

Stealth is still pretty useless. You can still play the "solo-ganker-of-opportunity" but you have to be smarter about it. No more depending on stealth, more on wind angles and speed.

4) Can pirates still capture ships?

Yes

5) What is the gaming population like later at night? (after 11:30pm west coast time)

It varies by server, but generaly speaking, low.

6) Can I still sink NPC SoL's in my Mastercraft Locust? (Am I even remembering the name correctly?)

You have the name right, and as a side note, one of my all time favorite boats. While it's possible, it's not like it once was. It's much more easy to sink a player controlled SOL with a locust than an NPC SOL. What they did was change combat rules to make smaller boats easier to hit by bigger boats (because of griefing) and they altered the way NPCs fight... NPCs can turn at a much faster rate than players and turning debuffs have minimal effect on them. Still possible, but not as easy as it once was.

7) Other things that I cant think of at the moment.

• talizzartalizzar Member UncommonPosts: 7

First of all if you want a 1v1 you should make in known in your nation chat.   There is a 35 second timer for people to jump into the instance from either side.  If nobody else jumps in it will be locked 1v1.  If someone jumps in you could ask them to leave or invite them to a group.

Rewards are now based off damage inflicted not the killing blow.  This is true in port battles as well.  The group that does the most damage will get the marks.

Stealth is still viable I know many players how use it very effectively.

8 and 12 fleets used to be level 50 and fairly easy to kill with lesser ships.  They raised the lvl to 65 so they are tougher.  It depends on how much time you have if you want to kill fleets with a tiny boat or not.  The fleets have somewhat better AI as they will try to get on your stern.  Resupply fleets could have 1st rates along with the CMC treasure ships.  

• KieferCKieferC Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Hokie

Real quick background: I beta tested and played for a month after release. I've been thinking about giving it another try.

Yes, on Antigua server there is a dedicated playerbase that enjoys the Free Market economy.  Come and check it out.  Not everything is as doom and gloom as what people keep posting.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.