Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm losing my taste for video games

LorkLork Member Posts: 338

I don't know how to explain it. I used to enjoy every video game I could get my hands on-even the terrible ones! Now I can barely conjure the will to play any game.

Ever since the next gen' consoles, I find most games completely lacking a, " wow, never did this before!".  There is, of course, a few games since the release of the 360 that I enjoyed, Bioshock, Oblivion, Fallout3 are some of  the games I enjoyed.

I picked up MW2 for the 360. I was hooked for Cod4, but I found myself bored to death with MW2. I asked myself, what can I do with MW2 that I haven't already done with MW1? Nothing. I already made it to 10th prestige. I had a 2.00+ kill/death ratio in every game type. I played hundreds of matches of every game type. I did, however, enjoy the single-player story. Thumbs up to IW for that. But it's not just call of duty or shooters, it's every game I play.

I would like to go on about the hundreds of games I've played and not enjoyed for the past couple of years, but I wanted to ask if anyone else feels the same? I can't imagine myself packing up the PC and consoles and putting an end to gaming. I'm only 18! My brothers didn't stop gaming until they hit their early 30s.

Is it me or the games?

Comments

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

I've been feeling the same way lately.  I have tried a retarded amount of games and just can't seem to bring myself back to logging in or booting them up (single player) anymore.  I would hate to say how much money I have wasted the past 6 months on games I have only played maybe 3 times or less. 

I have enjoyed MW2 but I never played the first one.  It is about the only game I have played consistently.  I actually finally took counter strike off my hard drive because I found it a lot more fun and thats pretty amazing to me.  I never thought I would find a shooter more fun than CS.

I dunno...im 27 and I still WANT to game but I don't feel the urge to log in and keep  "grinding" so to speak.  I mean...EVE looks and sounds like a blast to me but I just can't bring myself to keep playing it.  I have downloaded that damn game 5 times now and can never stick it out.

I'm not sure what it is but I can't bring myself to keep playing.  I hope STO or SW:TOR will keep me hooked.  Other than those...I don't see much else that I'm wiling to play...maybe give GW2 a shot but I absolutely hated GW1.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

its called Growing UP. I feel exactly same way. and bought around 6 games in the past couple of months, one of them i played only once and never touched again. MW2 did really get my attention, singe player that is, Multiplayer was fun for 2 weeks... but L4D2 coop mode still has my attention... still waiting for an MMO without a real grind and freedom of action inside the game: Neocron, FOM.... 

To original poster: well im in the same boat as the poster above me, but if ur 18 and tired of games, you must be dealing with some heavy issues in real life...

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200

Yeah I really got sick of consoles.  I didn't think they were for kids per-se but I just never enjoyed them after I found my first MMO.  There was nothing like going online and playing with 100's-1000's of other people.  Nothing on a console could give me that feeling so I just quit.  Now don't get me wrong...I have bought every damn console that has come out since UO but I never play the damn things.  Maybe one day I will quit wasting my money on something I know I won't play with.

The only console game that has ever kept my attention since UO was rockband / guitar hero.  I really enjoy playing drums.  That's about it though.

• WhackANewbieWhackANewbie Member Posts: 225

M4KO. It is called growing up. It happens but you're probably finding new things to enjoy in life. You probably will not ever stop gaming them forever just not as much. There are more important things in life besides gaming, anyway. Take things in moderation.

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

Another possibility is that like myself you've become jaded. It's sad fact of gaming and life ( and coincidently heroin ) that the longer you do the things you enjoy, the less exciting and new everything is. With heroin, you can never reach the high you got the first time, and people kill themselves trying. With MMOs, no matter how great the features and how perfectly the game matches your taste you'll never find the pure joy and excitement of your first favorite MMO. Sadly, that sense of wonder is gone for good. My only hope is that they start working on building games that jack into your head and encompass all 5 senses, then maybe I can get me some wonder back. Thinking about the lost joy of my first MMO and realizing I'll never find it again is pretty depressing.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams