Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone play new King Arthur game?

ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

So have seen it on steam and looked the game up. Looks pretty intertsting with the one review I found giving it a 7/10. Was wondering if anyone here had picked up the game or knew someone who did.

Heres the offical website.

http://www.kingarthurthewargame.com/main.html

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Comments

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I saw this as well and was curious about the same thing.

I was very close to purchasing it as I am looking for a new game to play than Medeival Total War 2

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• GolarumGolarum Member Posts: 151

I saw the game, have been reading about it for a while now, but I still have not got it in my area, and I like to have the physical game when I purchase, so I'm not gonna get it online.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I brought the game a few days ago there was a patch yesterday that fixed a few things. So find I am finding it a cross between Kings Bounty the legend and Empire total war. It is quite good so far, I like the music and visuals are decent. I have only put about 10 hours in so far but it is holding my interest.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

Looks kind of like a fantasy total war type game with RPG elements, I'll see if I can find a demo.

• LancereanLancerean Member Posts: 5

Developer Neocore Games puts a larger twist on the King Arthur mythology. A game that can be viewed as a mix of elements. A war strategy game, a strategic sword and sorcery game, a war role playing game. When first playing the game and seeing some of the interaction with units and maps it most reminds me of the total war series. Fear not though, because this is not a watered down Total War wanna be. “King Arthur” throws its armored gauntlet into this game genre, with more than a few tricks and magical spells and a role playing element that make it a worthy opponent. Neocore Games, with sword raised we salute you.

For me

As Arthur, it is the players destiny to unite the kingdoms under one banner. It's empire-building , strategy gaming at a grand scale. The hero characters in the game are your knights of the round table, they lead the players armies. These knights are more than just a few stats on the screen though, as the game progresses the characters can gain skills, and gain spells to aid in battle. Knights can also be leaders in provinces. The knights skills also assists in the over all improvements of the provinces that they over see. Better yet, how will you as the player rule? What lengths will you go to get to your goals? In this Arthurian mythological game, the player forges and perhaps even reshapes the tale. There is no set alignment for the King, so slipping away from the ways of a virtuous knight, and ruler can very well happen. Choices impact the game, and too the soldiers under command. Choices made shape Arthur's character. It's pretty cool concept and is pulled off well in this game.