Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOT LEWT! New TCG expansion announced!

TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Posted yesterday:

Star Wars Galaxies™ Trading Card Game: The Nightsister's Revenge

Strike fear in your opponents with the beastly wrath of the fifth expansion to the Star Wars Galaxies™ Trading Card Game*, The Nightsister's Revenge. The fiercest armies are always full of surprises and the ability to incite beastly rage in your units with the all new "Beast" trait will surely catch your opponents off guard. Make swift fodder of the enemy with new keyword abilities like "Agility," and new level token functionality that lets you activate unit battle bonuses while in play. Plus, once your enemies are destroyed, admire your domain from atop one of the new Spire Structure loot items unique to The Nightsister's Revenge expansion, two of the tallest player structures ever to appear in the Star Wars Galaxies™ MMO!

Link to announcement.

Link to the newest lewt.

Highlights:

Are the last 2 images a glimpse at 2010?

[Mod Edit]

Comments

• AisinAisin Member Posts: 17

I smell a friday feature and a load of hotfixes to make half of the stuff work.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Aisin

If only the SWG game got a fraction of that attention to bug fixes. But...with only 5 Devs, you can't expect them to fully support 2 titles (SWG and TCG).

5 Devs being:

• Jaskell
    • HanseSOE
    • Adeptstrain
    • Fiasco
    • Hjal
  • sage69sage69 Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by Aisin

If only the SWG game got a fraction of that attention to bug fixes. But...with only 5 Devs, you can't expect them to fully support 2 titles (SWG and TCG).

5 Devs being:

• Jaskell
    • HanseSOE
    • Adeptstrain
    • Fiasco
    • Hjal

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Dewback Armor? BWAHAHAHAHA! I guessthose were some broke ass Stormtroopers on "A New Hope" , couldn't even afford armor for their Dew's!

The Devs should have added a Christmas card to those items as well: 

To:  Traders hoping they would see these items as schematics as a new source of income and sales in game

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

This makes me so sad.

The actual game gets no new content again but the TCG gets everything and frigging you just know when the game finally gets something, then it's reused art and it sucks.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Varny

This makes me so sad.
    The actual game gets no new content again but the TCG gets everything and frigging you just know when the game finally gets something, then it's reused art and it sucks.

The notion that "the game gets no new content" and "the TCG gets everything" is fallacious to the core.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by kobie173

This makes me so sad.

The notion that "the game gets no good new content" and "the TCG gets everything crafters should" is fallacious true to the core.

Fixed for you.

The so called "new content" of which you speak, the instanced zombie fiasco and much over hyped "chronicle" system has been so poorly received, that even more people have been leaving the game. Both were poorly implemented and loaded with "no trade" rewards, making it a chore for players to do, according to the official boards.

6 servers of the remaining 13 servers are now all but dead, causing more people to quit. And most of the "populated" servers have taken significant hits, in the last 6 weeks, as well.

Frankly, the current game would have been better off without the "new content", because it only seems to make people quit faster.

P.S. And I also got a big laugh when I saw a picture what SOE put in for the 75 month vet reward, the TCG gets 20 good new items every few months, and people who have played for 6 years+ get an ugly ass plant that does nothing. That is SOE for you.

• ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Originally posted by kobie173

This makes me so sad.

The notion that "the game gets no good new content" and "the TCG gets everything crafters should" is fallacious true to the core.

Fixed for you.

The so called "new content" of which you speak, the instanced zombie fiasco and much over hyped "chronicle" system has been so poorly received, that even more people have been leaving the game. Both were poorly implemented and loaded with "no trade" rewards, making it a chore for players to do, according to the official boards.

6 servers of the remaining 13 servers are now all but dead, causing more people to quit. And most of the "populated" servers have taken significant hits, in the last 6 weeks, as well.

Frankly, the current game would have been better off without the "new content", because it only seems to make people quit faster.

P.S. And I also got a big laugh when I saw a picture what SOE put in for the 75 month vet reward, the TCG gets 20 good new items every few months, and people who have played for 6 years+ get an ugly ass plant that does nothing. That is SOE for you.

Death Troopers is instanced?  Where's this evidence that it and the Chronicles system has been "so poorly recieved"?