Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TAKE IT FROM A 3 YEARS PLAYER

13»

Comments

• Metal-BrotheMetal-Brothe Member Posts: 10
    As in every other field in life money rules the thinking. Buff Bots mean more accounts and more money...so the game grows lonely.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

I am not a fan of buff bots, but I think many people think about it the wrong way.  The way I see people complaining it was as though the game was wonderful and perfect and there were groups and tons of players.  Then buff bots were allowed.  All of a sudden no one wanted to group because everyone had their own buff bot.  Then those poor players who did not have one were not able to form a group and play.  So they all left. 

It is true that buff bots started before the major population problems, but in reality I would say buff bots became needed a lot more because of a lack of players.  People are reversing the cause and effect here.

It seems to me the game was growing a lot over the first year.  It became even bigger with the release of SI.  Then starting around Jan-Feb after SI the problems happened.  At first it was just people leaving one realm to another.  Then they simply quit.  By the summer many people had stopped playing or at least were playing a lot less.  Unlike the previous year which picked up more active players and new players they were not there.  So when TOA hit people went there instead of RvR which pissed a lot of people off.  After TOA calmed down and no new large groups of players, PvE became much mroe dificult for Raids and TOA on a majority of servers.  So if anything, it is not buff bots of TOA that "killed" the game (which I think is funny because even after EQII and WoW, there are over 250,000 active accounts), but simply a lack of players on enough to facilitate good game play.

Hopefully the server cluster will work and that will not only help the current players out, but maybe make it easier for newer players to find groups.  Perhaps it will revitilize the guild/alliance on some servers.  I know on mine there are only 4 guilds with any decent size of players in them. 

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Buffs bots are a problem ONLY if you have to ''work'' and do something you dont like OR in the lack of instancing.

I dont really know DAoC, eons ago I try it 2 weeks and return to EQ, EQ was more with what I like despite been a very nice variation.

If you have to do stuff you dislike or if there is a lack of instancing, then buff bots need to die, otherwise I dont care.

PS: Stuff you dislike: needing to level up(in another activity like grouping) to do a particuliar activity(PvP or raiding), needing to do an activity to be good in another(needing to raid, PvP or tradeskill to be good in plain grouping or soloing).

PPS: Beside sueing Mythica, I think Mythic did a fairly nice job out there and was usually carefull of the players, they have grown confident and lazy and may have fall behind a little, I have hope they will adapt.  Sueing Mythica not only remove a game from the gamers, it have use Mythic energy on a non-gaming topic(the devs dreaming of Microsoft answer instead of dreaming of that cool new in game feature DOES matter a LOT).

PPPS: Despite been big and evil, I think Microsoft was fairly kind in plainly removing Mythica, I have no doubt they could have win and beat the crap out of Mythic Entertainment, but it was removing much energy from the gaming creation for Mythic and for Microsoft.  Microsoft dont focus on ''winning'', they focus on ''profit''.  *throw pudding at Mythic Entertainment*

- "Solo is, will always be, the main market. A MMORPG that succeed with little or no solo appeal is doing great considering they are ignoring the main player base.''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren