Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There needs to be more solo oriented MMOs

I'm tired of this whole forced group aspect in MMOs.

I want to be the best and I don't want to rely on others to get there. Therefore, more mmo companies should release mmos that don't require any group play to advance your character so I can smack the crap out of other players. 

Comments

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38

What's the point of an MMO without the slightest hint of teamplay?

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335
    Originally posted by Rauten

what's the point of an MMO if no one wants to be forced to group? 

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

And i thought group play could only grow from the level it's at now...

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by GetViolated

I want to be the best and I don't want to rely on others to get there. Therefore, more mmo companies should release mmos that don't require any group play to advance your character so I can smack the crap out of other players. 

You're looking for a multiplayer game, not an MMO.

<3

<3

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

NVM!!!

I think the OP is serious

What has become of the mmo genre when people want solo 100%

Might as well play a Bioware Rpg with steam chat. same shit!

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Sounds like WoW.

You can get to 80 easily without grouping one single time.

You can que up for PVP all day long by yourself.

It's exactly what you're looking for.

• conanarasconanaras Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Nope, next step is that you can solo end game too, and group play will be awarded with chance at vanity pets.

1 + 1 = 2... Unless it CRITS!

Originally posted by TheHatter

Sounds like WoW.

You can get to 80 easily without grouping one single time.

You can que up for PVP all day long by yourself.

It's exactly what you're looking for.

but surely to get anywhere in pvp you need to roll with a premade

Originally posted by conanaras

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Nope, next step is that you can solo end game too, and group play will be awarded with chance at vanity pets.

that's how the game should be 

but surely to get anywhere in pvp you need to roll with a premade

No, not at all.

Does it help a little getting gear? Yeah.

Is it going to slow down your gear progression considerably? No.

I've gotten 2 characters complete epic PVP sets without ever doing a Premade. I've been in premades before, but after I got gear. They are just unfair. You stomp the competition so hard that it's just pathetic. What's the point in PVPing if the other side is pathetic? That's just ganking.

• mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Nice to see there is always an option to move further away from what MMO's started off at, really we should have MMO's where you dont have to see the other people too, maybe one that you log on and just be able to have the entire world to yourself - that way you can be the best of the best without having to have those pesky people to interfere with your uberness.

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Rauten

what's the point of an MMO if no one wants to be forced to group? 

Not wanting to be forced to group is NOT the same as wishing for the entire group mechanic to suddenly dissappear.

Besides, even if someone was to suddenly create a full solo, FFA MMO, people would end up banding up by themselves, even if there is no ingame system to do so. Either band up to face a foe too powerful in PvE, or to kill a common foe in PvP. You can kill group mechanics, but as long as there are players and it's an MMO, not just a single player game with online leaderboards, people will group up, even if the game doesn't have any function to support it.

Originally posted by mylin1

Nice to see there is always an option to move further away from what MMO's started off at, really we should have MMO's where you dont have to see the other people too, maybe one that you log on and just be able to have the entire world to yourself - that way you can be the best of the best without having to have those pesky people to interfere with your uberness.

well basically the idea is to let me go out and adventure by myself and if i need help i can ask for it 

or if say i have 3 other friends we can do the same content as a group but still have it soloable 

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

I agree that there should be more solo options in all aspects of an MMO. End Game solo dungeon set ups along with group and raid. But an all solo MMO is no longer an MMO. You need group content with easier ways to have pug runs.

As far as loot, it should be different stats for different game play. PvE solo should have stats to help with solo play. PvE group should help with group play. PvP for PvP. More options will lead to more subs. That is one of the reasons WoW still has the number of subs they have. Many options for game play creates a more diverse community.

I say no to all solo, but solo as an option would be great.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

Even Batman had to team up with Robin to defeat the villains, so if Batman can't solo, why should you? xD

Seriously though, soloing is just not enough to experience some epic fights. Imagine killing a huge magma giant (like Ragnaros a-la Vanilla WoW) solo. Or one man with a rugged mace taking down a legendary dragon. It just isn't epic. As Artemisentr4 said, solo being an option till the end game is not (that) bad, but each MMORG should have plenty of group content too.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

What is the point of an mmo if you solo all the time? As someone suggested a single player game with steamchat would be the way for the op to go. I think soloing should be an option for those times you just can't get a group, but group exp should always be better and group content should always be more rewarding than solo content. 

If you want to solo to level cap I suggest you check out LOTRO. I solo'd 90% of the game content to level 60 and was bored stiff along the way.

Even Batman had to team up with Robin to defeat the villains, so if Batman can't solo, why should you? xD

Yeah but.............

I think he had alternative motives. :-|

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

At first I didn't think this guy was serious.. but apparently he is.

MMORPG... Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying game.

What your looking for is a ..

SPCRG... Single Player Chat Room game.

Seriously, how many times does this have to be fought over. MMOs are NOT single player games. Sure, add some solo stuff for when you can't get a group or don't want a group. But if you seriously think that an MMO should give solo players the same exact content and rewards as those who take the time to group.. your delusional.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

And here I thought what we actually lacked was group-based MMOs these days. No wonder why!

I left the old genre long ago. Just tired of pointless solo-play. Dragon Age or Oblivion does the job, the story is better and the quests are actually more interested than a grocery-list.

Try Guild Wars if you haven't already. It,s a great Single-Player Chat Room Game (ok ok....you have to recruit npcs)

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

It'll be interesting how this thread turns out.

/e dons flame retardant suit, pulls up a chair, and gets popcorn.....

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

How can you be the "best" at whack a mole?

You mean you want to play a first person shooter game?

if you mean you just want mindlessly grind quests by your self, while you chat with other players, sure. They'll definitely make more of those games for you.

Originally posted by TheHatter

Yeah but.............

I think he had alternative motives. :-|

LOL.

You see people? A solo Batman is a SAD Batman. Look at the look on his face. Now go out there and GROUP PLAY! °_°

LOL.

You see people? A solo Batman is a SAD Batman. Look at the look on his face. Now go out there and GROUP PLAY! °_°

Yeah, but I would imagine that gargoyles aren't very "active". lol

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

You guys arnt funny !!!   I was reading Batman during the A Death In The Family story arc  :)

• OzigoulOzigoul Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by raystantz

At first I didn't think this guy was serious.. but apparently he is.
    MMORPG... Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying game.
    What your looking for is a ..
    SPCRG... Single Player Chat Room game.

Seriously, how many times does this have to be fought over. MMOs are NOT single player games. Sure, add some solo stuff for when you can't get a group or don't want a group. But if you seriously think that an MMO should give solo players the same exact content and rewards as those who take the time to group.. your delusional.

I really like this term SPCRG. This is definitely a good one.

Highly reflective of where the industry is going. Think about it you could create a solo game or create a solo game plus a chat box and charge 15$ per month. The new mmo player generation would not see the difference.