Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, it's down!

IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

I'm gonna give it a day, they claim 2100 GMT, but it's a pretty big patch, I'll just wait and see. I just re-upped a week ago, picked a good time I guess. What are you guys looking forward to?

Comments

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

I'm going to mess with Fleet finder with my FW pilot.

Time to pew pew with the rebalanced Faction frigates.

After that I'll jump in a inty and check out those speed boat missions.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

The Mail, browser and planets. The current version of all three is really weak. The faction Domi is way overdue too!

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by qazyman

The Mail, browser and planets. The current version of all three is really weak. The faction Domi is way overdue too!

MY friends prepare yourselves on December 1st thousands of Green brick shapped ships will blot out the sun!!!!!

The Navy Domi is here and the time for Afk drone mission running on alts has come.

o7

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• StevieHmselfStevieHmself Member Posts: 134

Im Exited, logged o with like 2min left and got another skill goin in train. Its gonna be cool, ima try and head out to 0.0 wanna give that a try, I bet there is a new Record for ppl online on sunday. Its gonna be so cool

Playing EVE
    Played Darkfall, Played Wow,

Originally posted by metalhead980

MY friends prepare yourselves on December 1st thousands of Green brick shapped ships will blot out the sun!!!!!

The Navy Domi is here and the time for Afk drone mission running on alts has come.

o7

Yeah there is that but the Domi is a great ship and a faction version is well overdue. Still, I'll never fly one for just that reason. Doesnt mean they won't make a nice target tho!

My real hope is that the new faction boost will help drop the price of Marauders, but theres no way to tell ATM.

• BillyMoleBillyMole Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Irishoak

I'm gonna give it a day, they claim 2100 GMT, but it's a pretty big patch, I'll just wait and see. I just re-upped a week ago, picked a good time I guess. What are you guys looking forward to?

No contest, it's the removal of grid-wiping DD for me.  At long last, the presence of two pilots won't cause fights to not even happen.

• ArekaineArekaine Member Posts: 72

All major patched will always take more than what they say it is going to. After almost five years of playing the game I have never been able to log in right after a patch, there is always something that is going to go wrong or over looked, but they will get it up eventully, and I am sure it is going to be very cool

There is a Madness that has grown in the Light. And it is coming to burn you a cinder

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

looking forward to the UI changes and the projectile weapon balancing.... Maybe the typhoon changes as well .. i dunno... i quit flying them after my 3rd typhoon. Maelstroms are cheaper and dont require torpedo training.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• BillyMoleBillyMole Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by metalhead980

o7

Yeah there is that but the Domi is a great ship and a faction version is well overdue. Still, I'll never fly one for just that reason. Doesnt mean they won't make a nice target tho!

My real hope is that the new faction boost will help drop the price of Marauders, but theres no way to tell ATM.

In the short term, T2 prices are probably going to spike while the market manipulators go nuts.  After a couple of months you might see prices a bit cheaper than now.  There's really no way to predict, the moon goo market has always been horrifically easy to manipulate.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

/me twitches

need my eve fix....

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Aw crap. I didnt realize it was already the 1st in UMT zone. Good thing all the Eve posse are on long skills! I thought I had another day.

• G2GTechG2GTech Member Posts: 25

I'm happy that they finally got the sov costs worked out to a reasonable level and are putting more effort into the Mothership changes.  When it goes live, I'm gonna wait for all the contention to die down (as there will probably be a lot of manipulation when the new mechanics are released), then I might actually join an alliance.  The NPC corp tax is kinda depressing, and I'd like to take advantage of the new ABCs (Arkonoid, Bistot, Crokite).

"The civilized man is rude, as he knows there are laws that protect him from recompense; The savage is not, for his actions can meet a bloody end."
    - Robert E. Howard

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

and I'd like to take advantage of the new ABCs (Arkonoid, Bistot, Crokite).

Crok has been falling in price steadily, just like the other highend ores.
    Since the market is being flooded with highmins from mission loot and the drone regions, 0.0 ores have been falling in profitability dramatically, making it unprofitable to mine most of them. The only thing really worth mining in 0.0 is dark glitter - it yields high quantities of liquid ozone and there is no comparable source for lo in empire.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Asides from the graphics anything really changing for new players like me?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by G2GTech

I'm happy that they finally got the sov costs worked out to a reasonable level and are putting more effort into the Mothership changes.  When it goes live, I'm gonna wait for all the contention to die down (as there will probably be a lot of manipulation when the new mechanics are released), then I might actually join an alliance.  The NPC corp tax is kinda depressing, and I'd like to take advantage of the new ABCs (Arkonoid, Bistot, Crokite).

Why is it depressing?  11% tax for immunity to war decs sounds fair to me.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

The real question is, which windows system file will this expansion delete 8D! I'm going to say system.ini this time =p

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• BlazzBlazz Member Posts: 321

I finally gave in to my desire for sandbox gameplay today, and bought the game on Steam (just missed out on that $5 deal... damnit) - so I was playing earlier, and set up a good 23 hours or so of skill training after finishing the initial tutorial and traveling to one of the career trainers...

I'm thinking of going as a miner/manufacturer who has some fighting ability, but I have no idea how that'll work out, but hell, that's what I want to be and I'm going to stick to it.

I'ma test this ol' sandbox out.

See you guys in, what, seven hours or so, haha.

I am playing EVE and it's alright... level V skills are a bit much.

You all need to learn to spell.

Originally posted by Blazz

I finally gave in to my desire for sandbox gameplay today, and bought the game on Steam (just missed out on that $5 deal... damnit) - so I was playing earlier, and set up a good 23 hours or so of skill training after finishing the initial tutorial and traveling to one of the career trainers...
    I'm thinking of going as a miner/manufacturer who has some fighting ability, but I have no idea how that'll work out, but hell, that's what I want to be and I'm going to stick to it.

Check out faction warfare or red vs blue. Fly with other pilots. It's a sandbox thing

• Bozo256Bozo256 Member Posts: 74

Asides from the graphics anything really changing for new players like me?

1) Lower skill reqs on a bunch of stuff and also on THERMODYMANICS. Congrats.

Skills

* Hacking has the following prerequisites: Science level 3(down from level 5), Electronics Upgrades level 3(down from level 5), Electronics level 1 (down from level 2), Engineering level 1 (down from level 2)

* Archaeology has the following prerequisites: Science level 3(down from level 5), Survey level 3 (down from level 5), Electronics level 1

* Salvaging has the following prerequisites: Mechanic level 3, Survey at level 3 and Engineering at level 1

* Cloaking has the following prerequisites Electronics level 4 ( was 5)

* High Speed Maneuvering has Navigation at level 3 and Afterburner at level 3 as its prerequisites (instead of all at level 4)

* Tactical Shield Manipulation has Engineering at level 3 as its prerequisites(instead of level 4)

* Trajectory Analysis has Gunnery at level 4 as a prerequisite (instead of 5)

* Bomb Deployment has missile bombardment at level 4 as a prerequisite (instead of level 5)

* Mining Upgrades now has Mining at level 3 as a prerequisite (instead of 4)

* Thermodynamics has Engineering at level 5, Energy Management at level 3(instead of 5) and Science at level 4

2) Some fairly significant changes to ACs and Arties, pretty relevant to you if you fly minnie ships.

3) New player in new player corp? You get an 11% corp tax to encourage you to gtfo and join the rest of the universe.  Congrats.

Plus lots of other stuff.  Notes are here:  http://scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=30975&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Thank you! I do fly min, just trained The Advanced Arty skill to 1.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by BillyMole

No contest, it's the removal of grid-wiping DD for me.  At long last, the presence of two pilots won't cause fights to not even happen.

This. All hail the new era of roaming gangs. I hope Morsus Mihi are ready for visitors.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Blazz

(1) Do the tutorial missions. Seriously.

(2) Spend a few days just nosing around and exploring.

(3) Ignore the idiots who tell you to train nothing but learning skills. Learning skills are great and all, but as a rule of thumb, do not spend more than 50% of your training time on them. Fun beats "efficiency".

(4) Red vs Blue for PvP experience.

Originally posted by dave6660

Originally posted by G2GTech

Why is it depressing?  11% tax for immunity to war decs sounds fair to me.

It's too low :)

• JacintaJacinta Member Posts: 44

5.  Remember that this is patch day to a pretty major update to the game.  Therefore expect at least a week of poor performance, sudden downtime and overall lacklustre gameplay.  The coming week or two is not going to be representative of the normal gaming experience unless there's some sort of miracle about to happen.

Considering that this patch brings in perhaps the biggest change to the game in the four years I've been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if there are teething problems through to January.  I hope against it, though ;)