Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood Full Patch Notes

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

With Siege of Mirkwood launching tomorrow, what's an excited LOTRO fan to do? How about that ol' pastime of reading patch notes?

If patch notes are what you're after, Turbine is happy to oblige as the full patch notes for Siege of Mirkwood are now available!

The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood will be available following tomorrow's 6 AM EST maintenance. See you there!

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

There is quite a bit if win in thoes notes.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Does anyone know how improved the combat is now? I have heard mixed reviews of the combat revamp. If you can just rejoin the game with the new combat in place I would sign back up in a second.

-Jive

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Does anyone know how improved the combat is now? I have heard mixed reviews of the combat revamp. If you can just rejoin the game with the new combat in place I would sign back up in a second.

-Jive

The combat was pretty horrible before, sadly, fixing combat isn't going to bring back my friends from the Elves of Imladris, or any of the other kinships that were waiting for the game before Turbine turned it into a WoW clone.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by SignusM

-Jive

The combat was pretty horrible before, sadly, fixing combat isn't going to bring back my friends from the Elves of Imladris, or any of the other kinships that were waiting for the game before Turbine turned it into a WoW clone.

i m have to disagree this is about as far from a wow clone that an mmo can get in the fantasy genre .

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by googajoob7

-Jive

i m have to disagree this is about as far from a wow clone that an mmo can get in the fantasy genre .

But,....But,....it has Orcs and Elves!   It HAS to be a WoW clone!

/sarcasm off

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

It is pretty huge.   I'm looking forward to a few of the changes as a Champ.

I'm curious how screwy my weapon legacies will be since they are scraping 'stance specific' ones.

Bye Bye + % Fervour Damage on my mace!  :(

I am also pretty interested in this Skirmish System.   However, I think I'll stick to Xbox till maybe Thursday.

The usual, Servers Are Up, Servers Are Down, Hot Fix, Servers Down, Lag?, Hot Fix, Servers Down, ZOMG NERFS!!!  That happens after every major book release ;)

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

-Jive

Word is, its a great change. Groundbreaking? No. Much improved? Yes indeed. The changes are for everyone, you do not need SoM to feel it.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

While I have to agree that overall it is pretty good, there is some serious wtf in a few places there as well.

Care should be taken when fighting powerful creatures; they are now much more dangerous than you may remember.

No idea what this will mean in practice, other than combined with the combat changes nothing will be as it was balance-wise.

Many crafted critical armour pieces had slightly higher armor values than they were intended to have. All crafted critical armor pieces should now have correct armor values

Right...because crafted armour was sooo OP as it was? This one really baffles me.

Reduced the melee, ranged, and tactical offence rating bonuses found on all Battle Lore scrolls.

So a very marginal set of items become even more optional and marginal? gee thanks.

Maces will no longer stun monsters on random attacks. Instead they will apply a short duration slow effect.

Basically removing the primary reason most people used them

We have adjusted the costing models for many of the point-based ratings (Block, Parry, Evade, Melee Critical, Ranged Critical, Tactical Critical, Disease Resist, Poison Resist, Fear Resist, and Wounds Resist) found on items in the levels 1-50 range. These ratings should now more progressively mesh with level 51+ items that utilize the same point-based ratings.

I gather in practice this means that lots of pre-MoM items got their bonuses lowered across the board.

Originally posted by labg11

Originally posted by Krky7

-Jive

Please, DO let the door hit you on your way out.

Bleh ther's always a troll in these forums i hardly visit here anymore.....

Anyhow to the original question, yes the combat is improved, it's flowing in the rigth direction. You should take a look for sure, no more waiting for the skill to be used after you press the button.

Bye!

Its allays more fun when its a mod from another game though.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

No mention of the "solo book content" though =(

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

Why  no two man skirmish? This is a huge let down for my wife and I. :( I'm sure many couples would agree. The combat revamp was needed badly for it was very clunky.  Now if they would just do a huge revamp on housing and running a player business from said house I would be very happy.

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

Why  no two man skirmish? This is a huge let down for my wife and I. :( I'm sure many couples would agree. The combat revamp was needed badly for it was very clunky.  Now if they would just do a huge revamp on housing and running a player business from said house I would be very happy.

AFAIK, you are welcome to try the skirmishes with any number of players you want, they are just tuned to set numbers. I also do not think finding a group will be difficult at all, you can join from anywhere. They are highly assessable.
    I duo a lot, so I understand your concern, but I do not think it will be as bad as you may think.

Originally posted by Toquio3
    I think everyone that uses the term wow clone is a retarded ape, and his opinions should be taken for what they are: trolling.

Truth. It is used by those that cant take the time to explain what they mean. Even if they did, they would end up describing many standards of the genre, not a copying of any one game. They are all different, with similar mainline genre features.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• DrakkhenDrakkhen Member Posts: 195

Uhm, LotRO is nothing like the original AC (I think you forgot to throw a "2" in there).

I do agree a little with the MEO / NGE comment, I had followed MEO for a long time and when Turbine got ahold of it and started tweaking it I was rather disappointed. That said, I do enjoy Turbines game enough to own 2 lifetime accounts, though I hate the gear gating and rep grinding (It's the reason I didn't like WoW).

It's sort of a love / hate relationship I guess. Now if Turbine would do a true AC sequel, or EA would do a Vanilla UO sequel I'd be there in a heartbeat .... and Yes, you could have my LotRO stuff :).

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

AFAIK, you are welcome to try the skirmishes with any number of players you want, they are just tuned to set numbers. I also do not think finding a group will be difficult at all, you can join from anywhere. They are highly assessable.

I duo a lot, so I understand your concern, but I do not think it will be as bad as you may think.

If it's set to 1 player, increase the diff.  Set to 3?  Reduce.  Seems simple, to me.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

-Jive

Word is, its a great change. Groundbreaking? No. Much improved? Yes indeed. The changes are for everyone, you do not need SoM to feel it.

Just did a couple quests and a skirmish with my hunter. Combat is much better, other things I noticed right away was a legendary weapons improvement and faster mount speed.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

-Jive

Just did a couple quests and a skirmish with my hunter. Combat is much better, other things I noticed right away was a legendary weapons improvement and faster mount speed.

Sounds great! Cant wait for the European release, seems like the update went smooth in US so we should get it on thursday :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Papadam

Originally posted by grandpagamer

-Jive

Sounds great I Cant wait for the European release, seems like the update went smooth in US so we should get it on thursday :)

Only about an hour and a half d/load time and I have dsl. Then again I started it at 11:30 a.m. so maybe the servers werent too busy at that time of day. The skirmishes are a lot of fun.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Solude

No mention of the "solo book content" though =(

True. I was looking forward to that, esp. since with Myrkwood many gamers will drain out of Moria and book quests will be more difficult to get ppl for.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert