Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 released a day after WoW Cataclysm?

kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Does anyone else see a problem with this? Just the fact that they will be releasing a day after Cataclysm most people in my opinion, will buy Cataclysm first, and not want to waste their time with Guild Wars 2.

I myself am extremely excited for Guild Wars 2, but i see myself buying Cataclysm first because of all the time ive put into WoW. And buying the new Guild Wars sometime later when i have the money for it.

Does anyone else think that they should release before then? ... Or wait for Cataclysm to become boring and repetetive before they release? to help their population and sales? 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Im gonna get crankin' on GW2 from the get go. I played wow for 4 years, quit and havent looked back. good riddance.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Hahaha, yeah, see my thing is, like.... i LOVED guild wars, i mean, that was my addiction til my account got hacked and now i have no way in hell of getting it  back, yay for buying it online! never do it .. EVER .. but anyways back on topic.

The fact that some people may think, why go to a game that is brand new, when they can buy another addon to a game that is completely stable? i mean, with knowing how stingy money is lately, i can see people just going to the " safer " game, then trying out for the new one until they know its worth it, but by then they might be so into the new WoW that they dont .. i dont know, just seems like a problem :P 

Get over it already.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

yeah but they (like me) might just not have any interest in wow anymore. these people wont buy cataclysm no matter what. they will either play gw2, swtor, ff14, etc, or several of these, since gw2 will remain f2p.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Yeah that is true. I dunno, i just dont want GW2 to fail =/ cause its going to be such a good game.

Get over it already.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by kinido

Does anyone else see a problem with this? Just the fact that they will be releasing a day after Cataclysm most people in my opinion, will buy Cataclysm first, and not want to waste their time with Guild Wars 2.
    I myself am extremely excited for Guild Wars 2, but i see myself buying Cataclysm first because of all the time ive put into WoW. And buying the new Guild Wars sometime later when i have the money for it.

Does anyone else think that they should release before then? ... Or wait for Cataclysm to become boring and repetetive before they release? to help their population and sales? 

I don't really see what the big deal is. Not every person who will play guild wars 2 will play wow.

I actually think that this is prevalent in many mmo players as they think wow is THE game.

I can go on about all the things it does "right" and that it has the most subscriptions than any other game. But that doesn't mean that every player plays it.

As much as I think it's a fine game in and of itself, I don't play it. I even tried it in beta and have revistied it a number of times to get my character a whopping lvl 36 (about there). It just doesn't hold me.

I would be much more inclined to buy GW 2 over WoW any day. I think there are quite a few people who would do the same.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Um.. Did I miss something? Where did you get that info? o__O Don't tell me it's from amazon etc. because they don't put real dates of releases.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

I was trying to figure out where he found both the Cataclysm release and the GW2 release dates, but it's most likely Amazon or EB Games.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

There are certain games that will be a success no matter what Blizzard does with WoW.

I strongly believe Guild Wars is one of those games.

The five million players that bought GW1 will also atleast try GW2.

Nothing to worry about bro.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558
    Originally posted by TwilightEdge

Um.. Did I miss something? Where did you get that info? o__O Don't tell me it's from amazon etc. because they don't put real dates of releases.

Maybe he is yanking everyone's chain.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Yeah trying to believe the release date of one MMO or expansion is hard enough, but two?  That's downright impossible.

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160

Who wouldn't buy Guild Wars 2 over another dumbed down WoW expansion? Guild Wars hasn't had a next big thing for years now. This will be WoW's next big thing in say......6 months?

Besides, NCsoft is needing support for their MMOs. They currentlly have 5 or so released games and 2 on the way, yet Blizzard is ruling everyone with just one and a to-be-announced project. It really saddens me......

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

thats a good, trolls will be too busy bashing wow that they will mis gw2 =)

"yeah gotta bash wow cataclysm so anxious. hey gw2 yeah new game to bash...but...but its wow..GOTTA BASH WOW ROOOOOOARRR i pawnt1337skillz!111!!hardcorefatasskidmodeon rooooooarrr!111!"

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

thats a good, trolls will be too busy bashing wow that they will mis gw2 =)
    "yeah gotta bash wow cataclysm so anxious. hey gw2 yeah new game to bash...but...but its wow..GOTTA BASH WOW ROOOOOOARRR i pawnt1337skillz!111!!hardcorefatasskidmodeon rooooooarrr!111!"

This is an awesome thought as far as foruming goes.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38

Funny, Cataclysm is coming out this next year, and I was under the impression that GW2 is coming out in 2011?

And even if Cataclysm and GW2 were to release at around the same time (something that could never happen, NCSoft is too smart to do something like that. Or at least I hope they are), GW can have all the fanbase you want, it'd still hurt it's initial sales BADLY. WoW is the behemoth of the industry, and every expansion they release sees a peak in activity, even if only temporary.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Every indication is that GW2 will be released in 2011. I was under the impression that Cataclysm will be out next year sometime, is that not the case?