Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having an "adventure" again?

Comments

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

I'm currently subscribed to Age of Conan and willing to try Everquest 2, Final Fantasy XI, Lord of the Rings Online, and Vanguard.  Sign me up for this and let me know when you decide on a game.

• simshadysimshady Member UncommonPosts: 13

I like the look of Lotro,EQII,Ryzom but willing to give others a go.

• GoronianGoronian Member Posts: 724
    Originally posted by garbonzo

Hey maybe we should have a "runoff" vote for the top 5 or so once we narrow it down.  So far it seems like Eve, EQII, FFXI, Van, and Ryz have the lion's share of votes.  I'm learning more about some of the games I didn't vote for just by reading this thread - changing my mind a bit.  Of course Goronian, if you just want to cut it off at some point and pick one based on what we have, I'm fine with that too.  All good stuff.     

I specifically listed free trials, so we couldtry several games. Seems those five are ideal - moderate specs and all offer something. Then, after we try them, we might want to settle on one or two and experience the hell out of it, just as we planned.

And welcome to the team, Ujirik.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• OhatroOhatro Member Posts: 52

Great concept, may I join as well?

I am fine with any of the games that seem to hold the largest votes.  If I must pick, then I would choose Vanguard or EQII.  I tried Vanguard on its release, and thought is had a lot of potential, but was unplayable for my system.  It would be my choice for a group oriented game.  I don't know anything about EQII but the housing thing caught my eye.

I am casual, which to me means that I dont' power level, ever.  It doesn't mean I avoid pvp or raids at all, but I don't really need those in games either.   Although I think 'epic gear' raids are a silly mechanic, I still wish to participate in dungeons for the content, if that makes sense.   As this playstyle is my preference, I do not mind volunteering as support classes for the group.

I honestly do not even need to try any trials.  I would at this point prefer a good group of players in any game, over playing another action game to about half way, solo mostly, then quitting out of boredom.

Ohatro

Originally posted by Ohatro

Great concept, may I join as well?

I am fine with any of the games that seem to hold the largest votes.  If I must pick, then I would choose Vanguard or EQII.  I tried Vanguard on its release, and thought is had a lot of potential, but was unplayable for my system.  It would be my choice for a group oriented game.  I don't know anything about EQII but the housing thing caught my eye.
      I am casual, which to me means that I dont' power level, ever.  It doesn't mean I avoid pvp or raids at all, but I don't really need those in games either.   Although I think 'epic gear' raids are a silly mechanic, I still wish to participate in dungeons for the content, if that makes sense.   As this playstyle is my preference, I do not mind volunteering as support classes for the group.
      I honestly do not even need to try any trials.  I would at this point prefer a good group of players in any game, over playing another action game to about half way, solo mostly, then quitting out of boredom.

Ohatro

We're going to try several games, since it's nearly impossible to luck out on the first try. But I have no doubts, that 1-2 games will suit us.

It's good to see another support class player, as well.

Welcome to the team, Ohatro!

I'm waiting for some last votes (going to PM those guys) and then, we'll pick our first game out of the... I'd say top-five list, if no one minds.

I hate WoW because it made my plush hamster kill himself, created twin clones of Hitler, punched Superboy Prime in reality, stared my dog down, spoiled my grandmother, assimilated me into the Borg, then made me into a real boy, just to make me a woman again.

• PatternizerPatternizer Member Posts: 114

Can't wait for this to start !

Signature!!!...

• BucklesBuckles Member UncommonPosts: 2

Hi guys. I know I'm a little late to this, but I would love to join you guys if you are still taking members.  I actually made an account to post this. :)

It looks like I have a lot of the same tastes as you guys do, so I would be up for any of the mentioned games.  I have played Final Fantasy XI (loved it) and would be willing to start fresh again.

Anyways, hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Originally posted by Buckles

Hi guys. I know I'm a little late to this, but I would love to join you guys if you are still taking members.  I actually made an account to post this. :)
    It looks like I have a lot of the same tastes as you guys do, so I would be up for any of the mentioned games.  I have played Final Fantasy XI (loved it) and would be willing to start fresh again.
    Anyways, hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Sure, we're just starting and new people are always welcome.

You sure FFXI is the only game you'll vote for? Although, to be frank, the places are pretty set now.

Anyway, welcome to the team!

• BucklesBuckles Member UncommonPosts: 2

Good to hear, thank you.

I will play anything you guys decide, I just want a fresh feeling again.:)

I guess if I was to vote...

1. FFXI

2.Vanguard

3.Everquest II

4.LOTRO

• xiukwaixiukwai Member Posts: 16

Hey, i'd vote for

1) Everquest

2) Dark age of Camelot

3) Eve Online

4) AoC

And count me in if you still have room :)

Originally posted by xiukwai

Hey, i'd vote for
    1) Everquest
    2) Dark age of Camelot
    3) Eve Online
    4) AoC

And count me in if you still have room :)

The more, the merrier. We ARE basically building a community from scratch.

Welcome to the team.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Goronian

LynxJSA, PaPsn, Predato160, WSIMike, we're waiting for your responses.

Vanguard

Everquest 2

EVE Online

Any of those three would rock. :) 

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

Originally posted by Goronian

LynxJSA, PaPsn, Predato160, WSIMike, we're waiting for your responses.

Vanguard

Everquest 2

EVE Online

Any of those three would rock. :) 

I'm currently subbed to EQ2 and FFXI.

I'm almost getting to the point of unsubbing EQ2, because its getting to be too much like WoW.. guild halls have made all towns ghost towns.. since you can do anything you need to from a guild hall. Travel has been made ridiculously easy since you can just port everywhere from the guild hall. 

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• garbonzogarbonzo Member Posts: 260

Just a thought.  If we are going to start with more than one game, maybe EVE should be one of them just because it's so much different than everything else.  If we do take on more than one, it might be more manageable to begin one, and wait a week to start the other.  My own habits are to throw myself into one game at a time, so starting two new MMOs simultaneously might melt my tiny brain.   

• COOKERplCOOKERpl Member Posts: 63

I want to join you. 

Have chars in many games, like :

lvl 50+ Runekeeper in LOTRO,

lvl 45+ Wizard in EQ2,

lvl 30 Druid in VANGUARD, 

lvl 60+ Priest of Mitra and Guardian in AOC

Played many trials like EVE [3 times], WAR, DAoC, Anarchy online  etc.  Mostly played WoW for years, last time cancelled my sub after fight with last boss in Ulduar and since then I'm subbed to Vanguard and Aion. EVery time i quit WoW and I play other games i feel "lonley", was trying to join many guilds but still - others busy raiding every night and I was running around low lvl zones solo. So after a while was usually going back to WoW to play with old friends.

Can start with you in any game u will choose, can start a new char in case of the game I already played.

Just want to enjoy MMO part of that chosen MMORPG - from the beginning :)

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I would say...

Vanguard - Huge world, lots to explore, a lot of options in terms of gameplay; haven't really played it that much. This one, for some reason, seems the most intriguing to me to go into of my choices.

FFXI - always been my all-time favorite MMO, but I really don't like the way it's going with all the power-leveling, people syncing to level 30 on their level 70s and going to 75 like that... or grinding it out to 75 in campaign battles, etc... If we were to do something in FFXI, I'd like it to be really played as a traditional RPG... exploring, doing quests, grouping up, using group tactics (skillchains and magic bursts, etc)

Ryzom - Beautiful game with an amazing world and lore. I don't know how it's doing these days, but it was a fun game to run around in.... except for some of the wildlife which would rip you limb from limb as soon as you step foot out of town ... frigging Gingos and Ragus. Oh yeah, and the roaring crustaceans... those were always interesting.

I'm playing Lineage 2 at the moment as my main MMO so I'd have to see how things pan out with that; I'm in a pretty active clan and am playing a pretty high-demand class (Bladedancer). But oither than that, I can play another to balance it out as well.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

[QUOTE]]FFXI - always been my all-time favorite MMO, but I really don't like the way it's going with all the power-leveling, people syncing to level 30 on their level 70s and going to 75 like that... or grinding it out to 75 in campaign battles, etc... If we were to do something in FFXI, I'd like it to be really played as a traditional RPG... exploring, doing quests, grouping up, using group tactics (skillchains and magic bursts, etc)[/QUOTE]

^^ this...

I know I'm rooting for FFXI. But its not just because I currently play it.. and am a correspondent for it. But its because of all the games listed. Other than maybe Vanguard and Eve. It would be the most suited for what you guys are trying to accomplish. It has tons and tons of content, that isn't obsolete. So you CAN start fresh, and you can do all the content in a real group. We could do the level 20 dragon pages quest that requires a raid group of 20+ to complete.. show me another game that has a raid of that scale at level 20? End game bosses all the way through the game thanks to BCNM's. Garrison, Rank Missions, Ballista, CoP Missions, TOAU missions, WOTG missions.. and these aren't "kill 10 rabbits" quests. Some of these missions are extremely involved. The only game where you can be every class on one character.  And the feeling of accomplishment is there. from things as simple as running to Jeuno for the first time (its not easy at low level), or getting your chocobo, or getting your airship pass. Those things are trivial in other MMO's, but in FFXI they mean something. Storylines that you can't find in any other MMO.

I could keep going...

But I will list the other games that I would be "ok" with. There are some I wouldn't play regardless because they are solo to cap, quest heavy games..

- Vanguard - I tried this one several times. I own it, so no worries having to buy it (11.00 for the CE on amazon!) It would be my next choice if FFXI wasn't it. Mainly because it still has some of the same group mechanics. Its still kind of "quest heavy" and has been wowified a tiny bit.. but being able to build things everywhere, and build your own boats is pretty awesome. If we played this I'd suggest rolling on the PVP server, and maybe we could start a trend to build its population back up.

- EVE - I honestly don't like this game. Not as it stands now. I tried it 5 times, and I just couldn't get a handle on it. It just feels so SLOW. I mean, you click "go" and you have to sit back and wait for the ship to move from point A to point B. I'd have to have someone show me through the game in order for me to "get it". I heard they were making it where you actually have an avatar.. not sure how detailed they are getting with it.. but that could enhance my feelings for it. 

Currently playing:

• Alamor0Alamor0 Member UncommonPosts: 182

Things are picking up!  This is great!  Why had no one thought of this before?  We'll have a huge group of MMORPG.com players.

Do we want to try out the trials of our top 3-5 one at a time or all at once?  I would much prefer one at a time.  I do NOT have a lot of time to play, and plus, with our not huge team, we'd be stretched thin.  If we do start with one, Vanguard seems to have a pretty even spread as a first test.

Is it sad that I own every game on the list except for one?

Currently playing:

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

i'd definately be interested in doing this.

I'd be interested in playing either:

Vanguard, EQ2, or DAoC.

Just so I have the facts straight, essentially we are all starting up an mmorpg.com guild, and starting from level 1?

Current Games:

• zvr420zvr420 Member Posts: 4

Hey everyone. 1st post here and this idea caught my attention. I would like to join all of you if it's not too late. At this moment all im playing is Lotro but I am open for anything.

Put me down for EQ 2, Vanguard, Ryzom, in that order. Those games seem to me like they have alot of of potential for the "adventure" i've been looking for. Hope to see you guys online soon. Later

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I'd be interested in this. I've been playing WoW / Aion lately, but they are getting boring.

My votes would have to be 1) EQ2  2) EQ1  3) LOTRO... in that order.  LOTRO just released a new xpac and EQ1 / EQ2 are due within the next few months.

LOTRO would probably work best for a smaller community, smaller raid size. EQ2 a little bit larger (perhaps perfect for this?) and EQ1 a much larger raid size.

I'm not understanding the idea of going from one "wowlike" game to another..

seems like you will run into the same issues you already have with WoW, by playing something thats almost the same.

Currently playing:

Originally posted by raystantz

I'm not understanding the idea of going from one "wowlike" game to another..
    seems like you will run into the same issues you already have with WoW, by playing something thats almost the same.

The only "WoW-like" gme to be in the "top spot" is EQII, and even that is quite different.

Originally posted by Alamor0

Things are picking up!  This is great!  Why had no one thought of this before?  We'll have a huge group of MMORPG.com players.

Do we want to try out the trials of our top 3-5 one at a time or all at once?  I would much prefer one at a time.  I do NOT have a lot of time to play, and plus, with our not huge team, we'd be stretched thin.  If we do start with one, Vanguard seems to have a pretty even spread as a first test.

Of course one at a time. I'll organize the "top-5" list and... Well, I suppose it's "one game at random" first. Or one game, that's easiest to trial.

And to everyone new, welcome to the team!