Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Build Questions

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Okay, following are the skills I'd ideally like to know:

Non-Combat

1. Camping (so I can log out where I want when adventuring in far off lands, not close to an Inn)

2. Detect Hidden (so I can detect hidden traps and treasure)

3. Lockpicking (so I can unlock what I detect)

4. Remove Trap (so I can remove the traps I detect)

5. Cartography (so I can map out areas, so I know where the fuck I'm going)

Combat Related

1. Evaluate Intelligence (Increases my magic damage significantly)

2. Focus (allows for faster regeneration of stamina and mana) (what about meditation?)

3. Tracking (so I can find mobs and people easier while adventuring)

Combat Skills

1. Magery ( I like the utility, buffs, healing, and damage offered in this skill)

2. Spellweaving (some really interesting spells)

3. Swordsmanship (I'm a sucker for swords. I like the whole battlemage thing)

4. Tactics (swordsman without tactics = bad swordsman?)

As you can see, with only 700 skill points allowed, I'm well over my limit...or will be when I get to that point. I've already cut skills that I fealt I could live without, such as bushido, anatomy, and animal lore. I feel that the above skills are needed for my playstyle and/or for general adventuring purposes. Any suggestions?

Comments

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

I wouldn’t recommend a Treasure hunter for a 1st character. Here’s my recommendation

100 magery

100 evalint

100  meditation - A mage has to have meditation. You really dont need focus

100 swords

100 tactics

100 spell resist - Pretty much all fighting type characters need this.

100 inscriptions- It gives a bonus to certain damage spells.

This is a decent build as long as you understand that you’re not going to be killing much with that sword. You’re a mage and that is your primary fighting skill.

Check out this site uo.stratics.com/ on the right hand side you'll see a tab that says professions. That would be a good place to start looking. It also explains skills better then uo.com does.

Usless skills:

Detect hiding, Camping, Tracking, Herding, Remove Trap ( as a mage you get a spell that does the same thing), Begging. those are just a few that really have no use.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I played for a while today, mostly on my battlemage type character, before rerolling a Bushido guy. Basically with the help of a friend who plays UO, I came to the same conclusion, but I ended up rerolling since I don't want to deal with the hassle of maintaining a stock of reagents. I decided to play on a melee character, since I find them fun too, and when/if I gather a suit of LRC 100% armor, I'll roll a full blown caster character.