Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions

BurrBurr Member Posts: 16

I've been looking for more information about this game, and hope you can answer a few questions I have.

What do you get for leveling up? Do you just get more skills or what? What makes leveling up important, and how does that affect combat? What I'm saying is this like other PvP games where it doesn't come down to much skill at all, but more about how much gear I have compared to who I'm fighting.

Other then FPS combat, what is my 'agency's' main goal? What is the gameplay outside of the combat, like getting to another agencies city and ransacking it?

How is gear done, or is there no 'real' gear?

Thanks for answers!

Burr

Comments

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161

Leveling up is pretty quick, it's suppose to take 30 hours to hit max. What it allows you to do is have acess to more weapons. A higher level will have an advantage over a lower level because he has the ability to be more versital, but a lower level can still win if they're a better player; it's not about "Ah ha! I am higher level there for I hit harder!" it's about using the devices given to you well.

• Relax06Relax06 Member Posts: 8

Waiting has long been a competitive MMOFPS. Global Agenda does not seem to be a game where the casual player has no chance against the no-life player. It's a good news for me. I look forward to test this game

• epicorepicor Member Posts: 60

That is def the case Relax.  A newb player can easily kill a max lvl char if he is a better player.  He won't have as much at his disposal to do it, but with the basic weapons its more than possible.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

So its a sci-fi shooter version of guild wars?  Without the skill system.....

This game have guilds?  If so what is their focus?

What do you get for killing other players? 

What am i going to be doing after i hit level cap?

Originally posted by crunchyblack

There is a skills system. 

Not guild, agencies.  They function the same as guilds in the non-sub game.  But in conquest they hold  territory, form alliances etc.

For individual players? nothing.  For winning the match you get extra XP and cash.

Levels mean almost nothing.  They really have VERY little important.  So don't think of it in terms of a cap.  And it depends on whether you subscribe or not.  If not your endgame is basically TF2 with a lot more options, pve and character progression.  If you DO subscribe you get all that plus territory control, base building, crafting (including vehicles) etc.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by epicor

Originally posted by crunchyblack

There is a skills system. 

Not guild, agencies.  They function the same as guilds in the non-sub game.  But in conquest they hold  territory, form alliances etc.

For individual players? nothing.  For winning the match you get extra XP and cash.

Levels mean almost nothing.  They really have VERY little important.  So don't think of it in terms of a cap.  And it depends on whether you subscribe or not.  If not your endgame is basically TF2 with a lot more options, pve and character progression.  If you DO subscribe you get all that plus territory control, base building, crafting (including vehicles) etc.

I dont care what they call it, as long as theres some form of guild type pvp.  I prefer the guild vs guild over factional, i like to better know the people i kill/kill me.

So is this pvp done in mmo format, over playing feilds that you level in ect.  Or is it instanced mini games, which i dont mind to be honest.

is the pvp ffa, is what im getting at

The entire subscription metagame is agency (or groups of them called alliances) versus agency.  

The pvp is done in instanced format, but the continuity changed depending on whether you are using subbed content or unsubbed.   The unsubbed plays just like tf2, cod, mw1/2 etc in that each battle is a separate scenario (with the exception of character progression far beyond other shooters games).  Subscription battles (AvA) are battles for land control.  So each battle has literal consequences on the world map and for your individual agency/alliance.

As for FFA, it is most decidedly not.  In fact just the opposite.  It is HEAVILY team based.  And not just that you have a team, but that you can work well with that, so tactics have a huge impact as well.