Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW (vanilla) digital download only $5 this black friday weekend.

coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Title says it all.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000034

Quote from: Zarhym (Source)

We are beginning a special three-day sale of World of Warcraft on November 27 – 29, where the price of the original game will be only $5.00! Digital copies of the game, including an authentication key, will be available for purchase through our online store at this low rate as well. For more details on this special sale, please visit: http://us.blizzard.com/store/

It’s possible that in some locations copies of the game which were purchased during this sale could be returned and be resold at full normal price. These resold copies may have already been used which would result in an invalidated authentication key unable to be used to create a World of Warcraft account. While we will try to prevent these situations, we recommend you purchase the game through the official Blizzard Online Store, or by ensuring you’re only purchasing an unused copy from a reputable brick-and-mortar retail location.

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

"WoW vanilla?" So what does that mean, for a brand new player who might want to start out up to speed with the latest expansions? Do they include all but the most recent expansions in "vanilla" or as the term suggests, a new player would still have to buy multiple expansions, as soon as they get serious about playing the real and current game?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Vhaln

"WoW vanilla?" So what does that mean, for a brand new player who might want to start out up to speed with the latest expansions? Do they include all but the most recent expansions in "vanilla" or as the term suggests, a new player would still have to buy multiple expansions, as soon as they get serious about playing the real and current game?

Just the original game, so no expansions...  So no 60+ content.

The only reason you would want any of the expansion and your under level 55 is if you want to play a Drenia or blood elves or roll a deathnight when you reach level 55.

But for a WoW virgin (if there are any left) $5 for 30days of game play is damn good deal.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

I would suggest that $5 is too much for a base game that should be given freely with the purchase of any of the expansions. 

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537
    Originally posted by coffee

Originally posted by Vhaln

Just the original game, so no expansions...  So no 60+ content.

The only reason you would want any of the expansion and your under level 55 is if you want to play a Drenia or blood elves or roll a deathnight when you reach level 55.

But for a WoW virgin (if there are any left) $5 for 30days of game play is damn good deal.

It's also really good if you want to speed level an alt with Refer-A-Friend up to 60 and grant free levels to other alts. I've done this a couple of times before but it cost me twice as much to upgrade from trial to retail (to level past 20) back then. Take advantage while you can. Hell, I might buy a CD key or two myself in case I decide to do that again in the future.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

I would suggest that $5 is too much for a base game that should be given freely with the purchase of any of the expansions. 

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.  There is a ton of content in the base game that is worth more than $5 even if you never buy any expansions.  What makes it even dumber is that you can buy the first expansion + base game for just $19.99 which makes the base game 'essentially free' with the purchase of the expansion.

Originally posted by Torik

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.  There is a ton of content in the base game that is worth more than $5 even if you never buy any expansions.  What makes it even dumber is that you can buy the first expansion + base game for just $19.99 which makes the base game 'essentially free' with the purchase of the expansion.

There are better deals out there than paying for a game that was graphically inferior at release and should be given away with the purchase of an xpac.  Want a good deal on a game? Wait until SOE releases the next EQ or EQ2 xpac and purchase it and receive everything from the beginning to date. Either is superior to the overhyped wow.

Originally posted by Torik

There are better deals out there than paying for a game that was graphically inferior at release and should be given away with the purchase of an xpac.  Want a good deal on a game? Wait until SOE releases the next EQ or EQ2 xpac and purchase it and receive everything from the beginning to date. Either is superior to the overhyped wow.

LOTRO had a great deal going for multi month subs as well. Subscribe for three months or more and get the Mirkwood xpac free. Another game that is superior to WOW.

LOTRO had a great deal going for multi month subs as well. Subscribe for three months or more and get the Mirkwood xpac free. Another game that is superior to WOW.

Mirkwood an expansion? dont make me laugh. 

You dont like WoW... thats fine, you've made your point, the door is that way and pick up a cookie on your way out to join the flock of wow haters.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

It's a pretty nice deal, I know a couple people that grabbed it.

You dont like WoW... thats fine, you've made your point, the door is that way and pick up a cookie on your way out to join the flock of wow haters.

Oh i see, only those enveloped in the WOW rapture are allowed to post on a WOW thread posted in general? This site has a whole section dedicated to WOW worship yet you post this propaganda in general for what reason I can only speculate. Is it advertisement or are you in fact trolling?

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Just a game folks.

• RautenRauten Member Posts: 38

Is there a similar offer in the EU? I know of at least one friend, possibly a buncha more, that would gladly give the game a try with such an, in my opinion, amazing offer.

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

Don't be fooled by the OP, vanilla WoW doesn't exist anymore. If it did, I may very well be playing it right now!

All jokes aside, anyone who resents this game and/or continually bashes it without having never played should splurge and give it a go, so the statements they make actually have some validity when they make them next time.

It really should be free at this point, though. BC should be 5$. Just sayin.

Originally posted by Irish

Don't be fooled by the OP, vanilla WoW doesn't exist anymore. If it did, I may very well be playing it right now!
    All jokes aside, anyone who resents this game and/or continually bashes it without having never played should splurge and give it a go, so the statements they make actually have some validity when they make them next time.

You are correct. The true vanilla wow is gone and with it went the best part of this game.

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

Oh i see, only those enveloped in the WOW rapture are allowed to post on a WOW thread posted in general? This site has a whole section dedicated to WOW worship yet you post this propaganda in general for what reason I can only speculate. Is it advertisement or are you in fact trolling?

OP is a fairly staunch proponent of WoW as far as I've seen on this site, that much is clear. But really, propaganda? I don't see in the slightest how this can be construed as trolling. He stated a pretty simple fact in his first post. WoW is 5 bucks.

And he doesn't think much of Lotro or WoW haters. W/E we all have opinions.

This game has a retarded amount of subscribers, I don't think WoW is in danger of failure. It isn't like he is trying to generate hype and fanfare for some indie developers fledgling new MMO.

While I don't agree with him in all aspects, he has backed the winning horse. More power to him if he likes to pet the horse in front of people.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

You are correct. The true vanilla wow is gone and with it went the best part of this game.

Being obnoxious and bitter must sure be fun. 

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The stupidity on this board is often astonishing.

There's 14.99$ worth of game time included in that 5$ purchase, and here some people are arguing that 5$ is too expensive and it should be offered for free.

Originally posted by Eben

Being obnoxious and bitter must sure be fun. 

Oh good, new adjectives for anyone who does not slobber at the crotch of Blizzard.