Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars endgame

ShazzelShazzel Member Posts: 472

What exactly is guild wars endgame if your not into PVP or achievements.

Is the PVE endgame good enough to hold people? If so what does it entail?

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Titles, filling up your hall of monuments, running instances in EotN, and pvp. This is assuming you have completed all of the campaigns and eotn expansion.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by arenasb

Titles, filling up your hall of monuments, running instances in EotN, and pvp. This is assuming you have completed all of the campaigns and eotn expansion.

Laugh Out Loud

Tell um

Tell um the gameplay never changes as you grow in Lvls into end game. Only newer dungons and zones. Not a bad thing, cause most single player RPGs do this. So you'll get the idea.

End Game, is nothing more then Harder Starter Game. All RPGs do this.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

It takes like three days to hit level cap in guild wars after that you still have main story arcs to finish, side quests, spells to acquire, dungeons and Group only zones to clear and wicked cool armor sets to collect.

If thats not enough you can also farm titles and turn the entire gameworld into a hardmode version of it self where 100% of the gameworld is useful to a maxx level player.

All this and the game has some really kick ass pvp.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by metalhead980

It takes like three days to hit level cap in guild wars after that you still have main story arcs to finish, side quests, spells to acquire, dungeons and Group only zones to clear and wicked cool armor sets to collect.
    If thats not enough you can also farm titles and turn the entire gameworld into a hardmode version of it self where 100% of the gameworld is useful to a maxx level player.
    All this and the game has some really kick ass pvp

what is level cap i ve been playing a couple of days for about 2 hours a day and i m at level 6 ?

i guess you must mean 76  hours non stop play ? 

dont think that too bad a value myself given how cheap this game is now .

• TrihfluTrihflu Member Posts: 97

Not every game has to have an endgame.  I think the endgame style of gameplay is used too much to be honest.  You grind tons of quests and kill even more monsters, but the game doesn't really start until you get to the max level.  That's what I don't like.

This statement is false.

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by metalhead980

All this and the game has some really kick ass pvp.

Actually reaching level 20 goes a lot faster. My personal record was under 2 hours. Just let someone run you to eotn and start dwarvenboxing with scrolls. When you don't use dwarvenboxing proph takes around 11 hours, Nightfall around 8 hours and Factions around 5 hours (did this with a elementalist). But since GW2 isn't releasing for 2011 all stimulation of the HoM is gone....

Originally posted by Trihflu

Not every game has to have an endgame.  I think the endgame style of gameplay is used too much to be honest.  You grind tons of quests and kill even more monsters, but the game doesn't really start until you get to the max level.  That's what I don't like.

Gameplay in GW never change tho. Only quest get harder. Thats it. Same boring format over and over. All you can do in GW is Quest. Thats it. Nothing new.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Gameplay in GW never change tho. Only quest get harder. Thats it. Same boring format over and over. All you can do in GW is Quest. Thats it. Nothing new.

and in wow u run the same raid over and over again. in warhammer u fight the same battles over and over again. if its a pve game u raid and if its a pvp u fight over "something"...

whats ur point?

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

So in wow you have people playing solo all the way to 80, get to max and dont know what the hell they are doing in groups and raids. In guild wars they start with one gameplay and stick with it to the end. the game just gets harder and harder.

How is the guild wars' system worse exactly? Oh and raising the level cap with expantions is cheap.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Originally posted by zipzap

and in wow u run the same raid over and over again. in warhammer u fight the same battles over and over again. if its a pve game u raid and if its a pvp u fight over "something"...

whats ur point?

lvl 1-9 in WoW is the same (like I said about GW)

then at lvl 10 you unlock Instanced PvP. (AKA something new other side of just Questing)

Then at lvl 20 you earn a new Instanced PvP to play.

then from there to lvl 50 it will be the same old Quest runiing like GW.

then 51 comes, and BOOM, AV is unlocked. AGAIN SOMTHING NEW

hit lvl 60, and now Large Scale PvE is unlocked.

60-69 same old questing

70 comes and Unlock new Instanced PvP, and do Large scale PvE. Unlock Hard mode

71-79 Do unique Questing in WoTLK

80 do Lake Wintergrasp World PvP. Unlock 2new instanced PvP. Same old raiding

^--------- See how WoW changes its gameplay format over the lvls.

In GW, it is the same thing all the way to max lvl, and after that. TBO here, there isnt even a reason to have LvLs if all you going to do is the same stuff but on harder lvls. Nothing changes gameplay wise.

Hmm, yes. How dare Arenanet let you participate in competitive pvp from the start without having to grind X number of levels? Bring on the rope I say.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Originally posted by Toquio3

Hmm, yes. How dare Arenanet let you participate in competitive pvp from the start without having to grind X number of levels? Bring on the rope I say.

Iam sorry but your Sarcasm only proves my point. The Game doesnt change. Its the same thing. No reasons for lvls other then to control story. Other then that, the gae wouldnt even need such a thing, since NOTHING CHANGES (GAMEPLAY WISE)

Iam sorry but your Sarcasm only proves my point. The Game doesnt change. Its the same thing. No reasons for lvls other then to control story. Other then that, the gae wouldnt even need such a thing, since NOTHING CHANGES (GAMEPLAY WISE)

How exactly is that a bad thing? how is a new pvp instance every 10 levels "gameplay changing"? how is a couple of new instances every 5 or 6 levels gameplay changing? and about "end game", Guild wars has dungeons too at max level, and they are way harder then Utgard keep or naxxramas i can tell you that.

I just have the feeling that comparing these two games is like comparing apples with oranges. they are not even considered to be in the same genre. I actually now prefer to compare guild wars to left 4 dead instead of wow. they have roughly the same difficulty curve. in that regard, you are right, it doesnt really change much, and thats onw of the many things I like about it.

How exactly is that a bad thing? how is a new pvp instance every 10 levels "gameplay changing"? how is a couple of new instances every 5 or 6 levels gameplay changing? and about "end game", Guild wars has dungeons too at max level, and they are way harder then Utgard keep or naxxramas i can tell you that.

I just have the feeling that comparing these two games is like comparing apples with oranges. they are not even considered to be in the same genre. I actually now prefer to compare guild wars to left 4 dead instead of wow. they have roughly the same difficulty curve. in that regard, you are right, it doesnt really change much, and thats onw of the many things I like about it.

well that was my point. GW is not a MMO, so it doesnt have end game. Its a RPG, like console rpg, gameplay stays they same, but only gets harder.

well that was my point. GW is not a MMO, so it doesnt have end game. Its a RPG, like console rpg, gameplay stays they same, but only gets harder.

Now with that I dont agree. It does have an end game. the guild wars' end game is whatever you do when you finish all the missions. PvP is one of GW's end game. It just so happens you can do that before you get to the end. Also, so is running the Underworld, the Fissure of Woe and several other high difficulty instances. Achievements, completing your hall of monuments are also end games.

Not to mention the best end game there could ever be: Fun. the game itself is fun for alot of people.

Now with that I dont agree. It does have an end game. the guild wars' end game is whatever you do when you finish all the missions. PvP is one of GW's end game. It just so happens you can do that before you get to the end. Also, so is running the Underworld, the Fissure of Woe and several other high difficulty instances. Achievements, completing your hall of monuments are also end games.

Not to mention the best end game there could ever be: Fun. the game itself is fun for alot of people.

I will say this again. It is the Same Gameplay, just in a Different area and Harder.

Underworld or what ever, it will still be the same Instanced Dungon questing concept. nothing changes. PvP in GW also can be done from the start, so that again doesnt prove that gameplay changes for end game. All it does it get Harder and different area. Explain how Underworld is diffrent from the starter areas? Only thing different is how hard it is, and the area.

I will say this again. It is the Same Gameplay, just in a Different area and Harder.

Underworld or what ever, it will still be the same Instanced Dungon questing concept. nothing changes. PvP in GW also can be done from the start, so that again doesnt prove that gameplay changes for end game. All it does it get Harder and different area. Explain how Underworld is diffrent from the starter areas? Only thing different is how hard it is, and the area.

Well, explain how Ulduar is any different from The Slavepens or the Deadmines? the tank is still taunting mobs, the healer is still spamming FoL and the dps'ers are still over aggroing and getting themselves killed. you have two gameplay styles, pve and pvp. in both games they are present. you have your solo quests in wow and guild wars, and you have your instanced content in wow and guild wars. In both games, there is easier instanced content, and harder instanced content. I see little difference.

But at this point, i need to ask, how do you define "gameplay"?

• IlgauskasIlgauskas Lineage II CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by Pryetta

[Mod Edit: quote removed]

Firstly, if you don't have any constructive to say or add to the discussion, I suggest leaving the topic as flaming is not welcome. Such a behaviour gives MMORPG.com forums a bad publicity.

Secondly, GW's have left their original concept. What's left of PvE? UW and any other areas Speed clear? Yes, with the nerf of SF this will change but I doubt that GW itself will return to the group-based game it was during prophecies or factions. Competitive PvP in GW is dead. Period. The majority of really competitive gamers left after NF/EotN. So this point shouldn't be discussed too.

Thirdly, GW and WoW can't and should'nt be compared. They are two different games that belong to different genres. Anyone doing different should see a doctor I guess. Ant btw, in GW's end-game PvE the game really changes. From playing in the group you do UWSC and similar runs alone...

• jdram14jdram14 Member Posts: 36

I'm going to ignore the debate and go right for answering the OP's questions about end-game.

Basically, you play GW endgame for one of two reasons... Maybe for both reasons, but usually one or the other. The first for the fun of it, and the second is for the ding of it.

The ding is all about achievements. In WoW, WAR, LoTRO, and other level-based MMOs, the ding is the cute little animation and sound when you level up. Once you hit the level cap, the ding is that cool new gear, pvp reputation, or whatever there is achievement-wise.

The fun is all about simply enjoying the game. I know a lot of people who play PvP only in GW, because they find it fun, having to play the PvP Metagame. Guild Wars is also unique in that by changing your playstyle (as opposed to changing your build) can drastically change your odds of winning. This, for many people, is fun. To a lesser extend, the same applies for PvE. Just the other day, I was vanquishing the Forum Highlands when I kept wiping on this elementalist boss who used AoE damage. After a few tries of getting my ass handed to me on a fiery platter, I decided to spread out my heroes and use my spirits to control his aggro away from my NPC party members. After that, he went down fast.

Now the funny thing about Guild Wars is that there is no real end-game. Let's just suppose you're playing Prophecies. You play through the game and beat all 25 missions and some of the bonus objectives. You are now level 20 and can play the game in hard mode. You have 90 elite skills that you can capture to make your build more effective, you have 54 areas you can vanquish and explore, thousands of quests you can do, 5 more professions to try out, an Elite Dungeon (Sorrow's Furnace, oh and Tomb of the Primeval Kings too) to beat, all the bonus objectives to complete in both normal and hard mode, then you're just about finished with prophecies. Oh yea, and there's the Underworld and Fissure of Woe to do. Not to mention the four elite armors you can buy to show off your prestige.

If you're into PvP, then you've got Heroe's Ascent, Codex Arena, Random Arena, and Guild vs Guild Battles to do.

I've been playing the game on and off (mostly on) for the greater part of five years (birthday in April, yay!) and I still haven't done all this. Of course I've done a lot in Factions, Nightfall, and EotN, which basically multiplies your content by six or so. Basically, guild wars isn't about leveling up, but rather about developing your character. When you reach level 20, that's when the game begins.

• zco12zco12 Member Posts: 27

It really depends on what you like. GW isn't all questing. Its pvp, instanced dungeons, etc. etc. that make you stay after level cap. And whatever you do, can drastically change the tide of your battle. There are lots of skills in the game, but you can only actually have 8 equipped. That enables strategy. You have to preset your skills to something useful when you are fighting a certain boss.  And assuming you finished all campaigns, make a few alts and go hard mode. More challenge, right? So I guess guild wars focuses alot on tactic when it comes to PvP and PvE. The good thing about quests is the quests reward you with special rewards to improve your character, such as skills, weapons, etc. The storyline in the campaigns is great if you actually listen to it. For me, for GW and gaming in general, I focus on having fun and getting whatever the game has to offer.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Guild Wars is a corpg = competive role playing game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

PVP or work on titles for your Hall of Monuments for Guild Wars 2.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Wait... so in WoW you don't kill monsters over and over to the cap & beyond? 

• redOrcredOrc Member Posts: 100

End game ?

I dont know, I've been playing for four years. I hit max level cap about 1 month after I started.

I've never got to the end-game. I guess there is none in GW.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by jdram14

I'm going to ignore the debate and go right for answering the OP's questions about end-game.

Basically, you play GW endgame for one of two reasons... Maybe for both reasons, but usually one or the other. The first for the fun of it, and the second is for the ding of it.
    The ding is all about achievements. In WoW, WAR, LoTRO, and other level-based MMOs, the ding is the cute little animation and sound when you level up. Once you hit the level cap, the ding is that cool new gear, pvp reputation, or whatever there is achievement-wise.
    The fun is all about simply enjoying the game. I know a lot of people who play PvP only in GW, because they find it fun, having to play the PvP Metagame. Guild Wars is also unique in that by changing your playstyle (as opposed to changing your build) can drastically change your odds of winning. This, for many people, is fun. To a lesser extend, the same applies for PvE. Just the other day, I was vanquishing the Forum Highlands when I kept wiping on this elementalist boss who used AoE damage. After a few tries of getting my ass handed to me on a fiery platter, I decided to spread out my heroes and use my spirits to control his aggro away from my NPC party members. After that, he went down fast.

Now the funny thing about Guild Wars is that there is no real end-game. Let's just suppose you're playing Prophecies. You play through the game and beat all 25 missions and some of the bonus objectives. You are now level 20 and can play the game in hard mode. You have 90 elite skills that you can capture to make your build more effective, you have 54 areas you can vanquish and explore, thousands of quests you can do, 5 more professions to try out, an Elite Dungeon (Sorrow's Furnace, oh and Tomb of the Primeval Kings too) to beat, all the bonus objectives to complete in both normal and hard mode, then you're just about finished with prophecies. Oh yea, and there's the Underworld and Fissure of Woe to do. Not to mention the four elite armors you can buy to show off your prestige.
    If you're into PvP, then you've got Heroe's Ascent, Codex Arena, Random Arena, and Guild vs Guild Battles to do.
    I've been playing the game on and off (mostly on) for the greater part of five years (birthday in April, yay!) and I still haven't done all this. Of course I've done a lot in Factions, Nightfall, and EotN, which basically multiplies your content by six or so. Basically, guild wars isn't about leveling up, but rather about developing your character. When you reach level 20, that's when the game begins.

quite right there is no real endgame in gw never has been i mean there is final missions where you "beat" the game for those so inclined to say they finished the game but the idea was you would want to come back to do all that stuff again and with eye of the north thats why they introduced tons of repeatable quests and dungeons ie kilroys punchout  in gunnars hold you solo run with just you and kilroy with just a pair of brass knuckles and a different set of skills

hell i love that quest and when im bored i know i can jump right in and do it over and opver and still have fun doing it