Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Permabanned...

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Hi,

According to our logs your character xxxxxxxxx was traded a Capital Armor Plates Blueprint from an hacked account. There was no ISK involved and this indicates that you were involved in the hacking. Unless you can come up with a reasonable explanation on how and why the blueprint was given to you, the account will remain banned.

This guy was offering free stuff in jita to anyone that opened trade first, another guy got a maelstrom bpo, he gave me a bpo worth about 800m isk.

I assumed he was quitting, a few days later my account goes down middle of me playing and after 4 hours of waiting for reply to why it happened I get the above..

I may pretend to be cool and such but I don't know the first thing about hacking.

I sent my chat logs of jita to the gm to read and to show he was giving away stuff to everyone and its been 5 hours since then of me waiting for a response.

Comments

• pauldriverpauldriver Member Posts: 198

If what you say is true then they will see the chatlogs and other random players that accepted stuff and re-instate your account.

Jam is sticky.

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

I really hope so, but to just assume like they do makes me sick.

Pretty much ruined my thanksgiving day.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

do you think that 5 hours is an unreasonable amount of time to wait for an investigation and response?

• BluefixBluefix Member Posts: 166

Well it is a very suspicious transaction so I certainly wouldn't blame them for banning first, as long as they respond fairly fast.

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

I really hope so, but to just assume like they do makes me sick.
    Pretty much ruined my thanksgiving day.

wait so getting banned in a video game ruined your day? 

what is this world coming to!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

You'll be back soon if what you say is true.

Don't accept gifts from strangers... especially very valuable ones, these may bring more trouble than benefit as you can see.

im still waiting for a response..

whats so fustrating is im not guilty and I have proof and they arnt taking 30 seconds of there time to look at the reply i sent in.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Damn hackers : (

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206

Don't feel too bad -- try being the poor SOB that got hacked and how long it may have taken CCP to track down all the details.

Remember all those "in passing" reports about how long it takes for them to figure out if an account is hacked or not? Even the recent alliance hack took a bit for them to validate and then restore. Things like chat logs will probably have to be pulled from a backup tape to compare with what you sent to them.

Anyone can dummy up a chat log and send it in so they'll have to pull the actual logs and validate your 'claim' that someone just gave the item(s) to you for no charge. They're not going to put a known recipient of stolen goods back into the community until they prove you weren't involved in the theft.

Think a sec about this -- You received stolen goods.  You say you didn't know they were stolen so, if you're being honest about that, you'll get restored but you did get them "for free", which is a very questionable situation in EVE, so you'll just have to be patient until they get the logs pulled and validated.

To put it another way:  I hope like hell they do not allow *ANYONE* back into the game 'for their last few hours' simply because of a chat log mailed in as *proof* someone didn't do something that got them banned.  Can you imagine what some "when they find out I dummied up that log..." type person could/would do if they were allowed back in based upon the text of a chat log mailed in? ...

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

It might help if told CCP you only want your account back, and receiving the BPO was just something that happened and you don't want to own tainted goods. TBH it seems to me that proving you were not involved in receiving free hacked goods will be difficult. If you and the hacker are from different continents and never came into contact it would look good, but even that’s no guarantee. I feel for you, it’s a crappy situation if you know nothing about it. Still, don’t fool yourself. It will take sometime to sort through this and it may not be possible. I mean if they think you are involved in transferring hacked goods are they really going to be impressed with a chat log?

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Considering how corrupt CCP is, this doesn't surprise me. Hell they don't even fire employees who give out free BPOs and completely disrupt the balance of the game, but they're more than happy to ban paying customers who are even SUSPECTED of behavior which might undermine their 'precious balance'.  Nevermind the fact that ISK farmers are all over the place, and never get banned.

Great game. Too bad the company which runs it has no integrity. Get out now before you invest too much money/time into it.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Considering how corrupt CCP is, this doesn't surprise me. Hell they don't even fire employees who give out free BPOs and completely disrupt the balance of the game, but they're more than happy to ban paying customers who are even SUSPECTED of behavior which might undermine their 'precious balance'.  Nevermind the fact that ISK farmers are all over the place, and never get banned.
    Great game. Too bad the company which runs it has no integrity. Get out now before you invest too much money/time into it.

You obviously didn’t hear about unholy rage LOL

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

well its for sure you wont get to keep the bpo, all the stolen goods they tracked the trades of should go back to the momo that got himself hacked by downloading a keylogger/buying isk/just having way to easy account info to guess.  if you didnt do anything other then accept an item offered freely in a chat log they can track on their end though they cant hold you permabannably responsible unless they think you were the one typing that in, and they shouldnt have too much trouble tracking ip sources to see who was typeing what.  after all they know when youre 2 boxing.

• lisubablisubab Member Posts: 670

I have some work done on customer services.  Things are more complicated than that.  Let us create a scenario.  Just hypothetic.

Assume Mr A hackes an account.  He can then log on his own account or friend's account using a VPN that maps the account to Mars or Jupiter.  Then he talks with himself thru the hacked and own account pretending to be giving free stuffs to random people, then he hands stolen gear or money from the hacked account to his own account or to his friends.

How can that be verified by just chat logs?  The only thing verifiable is that stolen good are handed over after some chats.

Banning an account is just another way of saying suspending it until circumstances call for revival.  With backup tapes, CCP can always restore an account, if they wish to.  Point is, do they feel convinced beyond doubt that the OP is clean and innocent.  That will depend on the records CCP have about the OP.  We don't have those information, and we cannot trust that OP tells us everything.  It is possible that OP is just a hacker doing the sort of thing I mentioned above.  It is possible that the OP is just careless and trusting unknown generous players.  Can we tell which is which?

Leave it to CCP.  They and they alone can and must sort it out.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Remember the basic rule of EvE:

"If it looks too good to be true, it is".

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• EanokEanok Member Posts: 134

LOL, I love when stupid people jump to fast conclusions without having any idea what they are talking about. Most people would do some digging before posting such nonsense.

1.- In Iceland a company cannot fire an employee for giving away virtual game tokens to a virtual game character that lives in a virtual world. In some parts of the world it is quite difficult to fire an employee you know, while in other countries it is the easiest thing. So get your facts straight before jumping to conclusions.

2.- The banned player is not merely a suspect of receiving virtual stolen goods, there is proof that he received those stolen goods worth quite some virtual ISK. Now let me tell you the story of my friend, he bought with real money a nice T2 ship that he received in game through a contract. Three days later his account was suspended. One week later his account was reinstated minus the ship and with a warning. My friend claimed that he didn't know the guy that had "given" him the ship, which is true, but he ommited that he had paid for it out of game. Now, tell me how getting for free expensive goods like it is explained in the OP differs from buying for them with real money out of game. In the OP the player gets "for free" a very expensive item that, oh surprise, was offered by a known RMT...  draw your own conclussions. My bet is that if this player has no previous record of RMT trading his account will be reinstated in a few days minus those "free" items and with a warning.

3.- As a poster above already pointed out, did you, redneck, ever bother to search the forums or read the dev blogs regarding CCP ongoing campaign against ISK farmers and RMT? I didn't think so.

Now my little redneck, you claim that CCP has no integrity... well, I do claim that you are as dumb a bag of hammers for posting such grave accusations based only on hearsay.

Played: UO, SWG, TR, WoW, AoC, EvE
    Playing: :(
    Interested in: JGE, LotR, TSW

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Remember the basic rule of EvE:

"If it looks too good to be true, it is".

I agree. I've had corpmates offer to give me large sums of ISK and turned them down because I was suspicious of how they obtained it, why they felt the need to share it with me (when I clearly didn't need it) and know of people who've had their accounts suspended, or otherwise penalized for receiving farmed or botted ISK.

I hope CCP can make this right, the OP's excuse should be easy to validate (perhaps not quickly, that's not the CCP way) and agree with the warning above.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

The nerdrage is strong within this one. You can tell that Rednecksmith has never held a job above entry-level because he thinks firing people is as easy as snapping your fingers.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Moron Different countrys have different Employment laws.

In Iceland you cant fire an Employee that easilly. When he was origanally caught out and punnished the senior members of CCP were unavailable as they were on holiday so the acting managers gave him the origonal punishment [cant remember what it was]. Sadly it was the wrong punishment but as Iceland has a sort of double jeperdy rule against punishing an employee twice for the same offence all they could do is sideline him to less important roles in CCP.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

I just send in another petition.

It basically states that if they do not fix this mess soon they will lose me as a customer whether they overturn the ban me or not.

I have never been treated so poorly by any business before in my life, to accuse someone of guilt with nearly no evidence and have to prove im innocent.

In the USA at least its the reverse, your innocent until proven guilty.

This show how backwards there rules are.

And the fact that the GM couldn't bother checking the chat logs before he went around banning everyone.

there response.. seems they are Judge jury and executioners..

Seems GM's can do whatever they want with zero moderation.

Hi,

Do not file additional petitions regarding this matter.

This petition is now closed.

Best regards,

GM Horse

EvE Online Customer Service Support

look mate, they have to investigate and they have other things to do as well. sending in extra petitions is just going to slow them down. during the height of the hacking spree, they were taking about a week to investigate and reimburse.

saying that you're going to quit regardless is hardly likely to expidite the investigation.

I have never been treated so poorly by any business before in my life, to accuse someone of guilt with nearly no evidence and have to prove im innocent.
    And the fact that the GM couldn't bother checking the chat logs before he went around banning everyone.

Well, you are accused of receiving items from a hacked account. You received items from a hacked account, they have the transaction logs to prove it, and your own admission. You are without any shadow of a doubt, guilty of that.

The good news is that you apparently didnt do that knowingly, and that might, and probably will be enough to get your account reinstated. But, chatlogs are not proof, they are a start point for an investigation.

• EanokEanok Member Posts: 134

I just send in another petition.
    It basically states that if they do not fix this mess soon they will lose me as a customer whether they overturn the ban me or not.

Following your analogy, in the USA... imagine that a cop finds stolen goods in your car worth a few hundred thousand dollars. Now you tell the cop that someone you didn't know before gave those goods to you. You expect me to believe that in the USA, or in any other country for that matter, the cop will let you go? I'm pretty sure you'd be brought in for some questioning, treated as a suspect, and adviced to get a lawyer.

What do you think?

If what you say is true I wouldn't worry. As in the previous analogy, if you don't have a record you'll be allowed to go home after the questioning (minus the stolen goods), I mean, your account will be reinstated minus the stolen goods after the investigation.

Do you think that threatening the cops with leaving the country forever if they don't let you go now will make a difference? Get real. Be patient mate. These things happen and they take time, there is no need to get so upset, it is only a game after all. In a few days you'll be flying again with a nice story to tell to your corp mates and a lesson learned under your belt.

FWIW, I think CCP is doing the right thing.

Played: UO, SWG, TR, WoW, AoC, EvE
    Playing: :(
    Interested in: JGE, LotR, TSW

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

there response.. seems they are Judge jury and executioners..
    Seems GM's can do whatever they want with zero moderation.
    Hi,
    Do not file additional petitions regarding this matter.
    This petition is now closed.
    Best regards,
    GM Horse
    EvE Online Customer Service Support

You have to understand that GM privileges are very limited and if there is an investigation needed, they have to ask other people to do so.

System reported the trade you were participating in as illegal, filed a report for customer support and appropriate steps were taken to prevent further damage.

It is standard procedure(in EVE and RL) to freeze everything until the situation is investigated.