Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned from AION???

Predator160Predator160 Member Posts: 128

My brother has been playing AION for about 2 months now. Today he got banned for absolutely no reason, NCsoft didn't even say why.

I've been reading AION forums and it seems this is happening to other people too.

Is NCsoft really so negligent that they would wail around the banstick at innocent people to combat a minor gold spam problem? They are really making themselves look bad.

Or is this just the top of the rabbit hole?

My brother has been trying to get me to play AION for awhile-- I was seriously considering it until this mishap.

Comments

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

From Aion CM:

Good morning Daevas!

As you probably noticed, we've completed a server wide reboot without much notice on a day that we typically don't perform maintenance. It's only fair that we keep you in the loop and make sure you know what's going on. Over the last week we've been working on a list, we've been checking it twice, and today we found out who was naughty or nice. Ban Hammer Claus just came to town. When the servers come back online, nearly 16,000 accounts will have been removed from the game. If your account was banned, please read the following FAQ.

1. Why was I banned?

There could be many reasons your account was closed. If you did not receive notification of your violation via e-mail please create a support ticket and the violation will be explained to you. Please note that if your account was closed for the use of 3rd party software (botting) or participating in RMT (gold buying/selling) the evidence for the account closure was gathered over several weeks. It may be completely unrelated to what your character was doing right when your account was closed.

2. ... but I wasn't botting, buying Kinah or spamming advertisements! I'm innocent!

Any action that modifies the client or automates the same way a bot does could potentially flag an account as a violator. We do not use one specific instance to "flag" an account for botting or RMT. We use many instances to strengthen our conclusions. Please understand that it is not what "you" have done on your account, but what the account has done. If your account is shared, purchased, borrowed, or power leveled, it could be the actions of anyone who?s ever used the account.

3. I'm aware of all of the above, but I have never done any of it. Who do I contact?

To request a review, please create a support ticket.

We are taking a very hard stance on this issue and do have sophisticated processes and procedures in place that help us keep unwarranted banning to a minimum. If you believe you've been wrongfully banned, you can email us at [email protected], and we will review your account. Our goal is to ensure our legitimate players are having the best game experience possible. Please note that you don't need to submit multiple tickets, as we will review a specific case only once. We obviously take these violations seriously, but also want to make sure that legitimate players aren't banned unnecessarily.

We'd like to reiterate that we've been listening to your concerns. We've been constantly adding to our Customer Service and Game Surveillance Unit. As we continue to move forward, you'll see more and more of these efforts. Thanks for your patience everyone, and have fun playing Aion!

Fly High Daevas,

Tamat ~ Andrew Beegle

Community Manager

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

Gameplay before graphics.

And you play Aion? :|

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

not sure if alot of people know how they've been catchin botters, but they have a crew of gms going around watching people that have been reported for botting to see if its true of not. the gm was on the other day and we'd tell him where we see them he'd go to where we was and make sure it was true or not.

they've been banning the gold sellers AND gold buyers as well, and IMO gold buyers being the root of the problem.

• Predator160Predator160 Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by cyandk

You obviously didn't read my post...I said my brother plays it nuckle head.

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Predator160

Originally posted by cyandk

You obviously didn't read my post...I said my brother plays it nuckle head.

I know m8.

Bad trolling is bad!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• Predator160Predator160 Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by wesjr

From Aion CM:
    Good morning Daevas!

3. I'm aware of all of the above, but I have never done any of it. Who do I contact?
    To request a review, please create a support ticket.

We are taking a very hard stance on this issue and do have sophisticated processes and procedures in place that help us keep unwarranted banning to a minimum. If you believe you've been wrongfully banned, you can email us at [email protected], and we will review your account. Our goal is to ensure our legitimate players are having the best game experience possible. Please note that you don't need to submit multiple tickets, as we will review a specific case only once. We obviously take these violations seriously, but also want to make sure that legitimate players aren't banned unnecessarily.

Thanks-- we emailed them hopefully my brother will get unbanned and this issue(that shouldn't even be an issue) will be resolved...

• icaughtfireicaughtfire Member Posts: 109

I read it from a news article that they've banned a lot of account that they suspect botters. That's what I've heard but even though they cleared those bots it's still a very grindy game so it still not worth it. >.<

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

My brother has been playing AION for about 2 months now. Today he got banned for absolutely no reason,  

Lucky, lucky man.  With any luck, he'll never have to play again.  He should be envied.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

They recently banned a ton of people for BUYING kinah. It's become such a widespread problem that a lot of players probably buy kinah without thinking they're actually doing anything wrong - or, wrong enough to count, so to speak.

I know people who use their guild banks to store kinah, placed by a mule buyer, and then used by guild members. Guild members do this sort of thing, feeling untouchable, and even guilt-free. I don't know though, they may be able to track that sort of thing - or rather, of course they can track it, the question is just whether they go to the trouble to do so. And it looks like they might.

And then people say they get banned for no reason. OTOH, I wonder if they ban everyone with access to a guild kinah bank, even if some of them never use it, or don't even know about it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

It's called customer service by terror.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Vhaln

They recently banned a ton of people for BUYING kinah. It's become such a widespread problem that a lot of players probably buy kinah without thinking they're actually doing anything wrong - or, wrong enough to count, so to speak.
    I know people who use their guild banks to store kinah, placed by a mule buyer, and then used by guild members. Guild members do this sort of thing, feeling untouchable, and even guilt-free. I don't know though, they may be able to track that sort of thing - or rather, of course they can track it, the question is just whether they go to the trouble to do so. And it looks like they might.
    And then people say they get banned for no reason. OTOH, I wonder if they ban everyone with access to a guild kinah bank, even if some of them never use it, or don't even know about it.

another ncsoft game guild wars this did occur to a guild i was in half the guild got banned for a person buying gold and getting into the guild and giving it to the guild guild was disbanded and what not also heard of something similar in wow when i was playing that that some guild got banned for buying gold or accepting gold from a player 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

i think the answer is fairly predictable, people might not consider their doing anything wrong, but, its all there in the terms and conditions. botting is unacceptable, as is powerlevelling, and, dealing with RMT companies. if you get caught you pay the price, which in this case, appears to be loss of accounts. personally i applaud NCSofts actions, RMT'ers etc ruin games in the name of profit, they dont care about whether they ruin a game, or what happens to the people who buy their products so why lose any sleep over their losses. if anyone does lose their account due to dealings with RMT's then its a lesson to be learned. if they want to continue, buy another account and next time, dont buy from RMT's. NCSoft arent the only company that comes down hard on RMT's, and while im not a fan of AION, i personally applaud their efforts in preserving their game, and their customers gaming experience.

while im glad to see something being done after two months of it being out here in the us but it makes me worry that they may only be doing it in order to make sure they are the only ones who can it just wouldnt suprise me if once rmt is eliminated they dont start releasing stores and what not just something to think about

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Got to repect them for taking it so seriously.  Look at the choices they have to make:

A.  Don't ban sellers and buyers even though their game is cleary overrun.

B.  Ban lightly because of fear of innocent banning which will no doubt let buyers and sellers exploit every hole.

C.  Take a hard line tactic with a giant mega banstick and let the banned try to work it out after the fact.

I'll vote C every time cause you know as well as I do that the immoral people who play don't care if their actions ruin the game for the company or any of the other players. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Got to repect them for taking it so seriously.  Look at the choices they have to make:
    B.  Ban lightly because of fear of innocent banning which will no doubt let buyers and sellers exploit every hole.
    C.  Take a hard line tactic with a giant mega banstick and let the banned try to work it out after the fact.

I'll vote C every time cause you know as well as I do that the immoral people who play don't care if their actions ruin the game for the company or any of the other players. 

but its also like a 2 edged sword they go swinging that bat around just banning large amounts of ppl sure casulties abound it will happen but do it too much and you aleinate the wrong ppl and leaves your game empty so where it is a good thing its probably a good idea to make sure you know what you are doing before you swing it

• beauxajbeauxaj Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by joker007mo

but its also like a 2 edged sword they go swinging that bat around just banning large amounts of ppl sure casulties abound it will happen but do it too much and you aleinate the wrong ppl and leaves your game empty so where it is a good thing its probably a good idea to make sure you know what you are doing before you swing it

I know a couple of GMs and have had the chance to watch them working.  When they say they've been watching over a period of time they mean it.  They'll hang with their target for ages if its a suspected bot. They'll do things to see the reaction if any, and this will be over a long period of time. 

With RMT they follow the money trail step by step.  I'd hazard a guess that you remember all those complaints about Gold spam etc, that were still in game after a week of solid reporting?   Guess what they were doing during all that time.   Heres a hint, some others have said it as well, If they don't have anyone to sell to then they have no reason to be there. 

If its a guild bank type situation that others mentioned, its a shame, but really those who took advantage of the free Kinah are just as culpable as the one who bought and put it there.   But no one likes to take responsibility in a situation like that. "Everyone was doing it" is no excuse.

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96

Honestly,   for not caring to play the game at all I do give them respect!   Botting/hacking is a serious problem for most games.  Its cool to see them taking such a hard line against it.    It sucks if you ARE a casualty but for the most part, everyone should be much happier without them.    This will probably happen a few times before people get the point.    

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

My brother has been playing AION for about 2 months now.

There is no brother. You have been botting or bought gold and you got hit with the banstick and you're now crying about.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by glofish

My brother has been playing AION for about 2 months now.

There is no brother. You have been botting or bought gold and you got hit with the banstick and you're now crying about.

• libranimlibranim Member Posts: 139

lol, don't worry I got banned twice,

e-mail them and it'll get solved...

the funny thing was: they didn't even e-mail me saying I was banned, nor the reason for banning.

ahhh ncsoft.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

How about

D. Don't ban them - restrict their accounts.  No Player to Player trades (NPC trading still open - but this can be controlled by devs).  Chat restricted to Guild chat only.  No access to Guild or shared banks.

That way - innocent players can still play - while they get it sorted out.

Gold Farmers then cannot ask for a chargeback (since the account is still playable) but their business is effectively finished.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

My brother has been playing AION

That was his first and biggest mistake. You can't do these sort of things without bad things happening to you, it's karma 'n shit.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by busdriver

That was his first and biggest mistake. You can't do these sort of things without bad things happening to you, it's karma 'n shit.

And what game should he be playing then smartass? WoW? Don't make me fucking laugh. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Considering you are innocent, and done nothing wrong to get your account banned in the first place, they wouldn't just Bann your account for NO reason at all. The account must have violated some term in their TOC, even if you didn't know about it beforehand, it's reason enough for them. Give them an email asking to please explain why your account was banned, also add that your very upset over the mishap, and feel that you've done nothing wrong and that it is unfair. You have to make it sound Unique, every person who gets banned for breaking TOC will cry up an email begging for unbann and their innocent etc. Ask to see their evidence, of what you have done wrong. Be patient, these companies HATE admitting mistakes. If all fails, keep trying, don't give up. In the meantime i'd occupy myself another way, sadly this is all you can do at the moment, hope it helps ya.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by Kordesh

Originally posted by busdriver

And what game should he be playing then smartass? WoW? Don't make me fucking laugh. 

Yes, WoW is where it's at. I would have babies with WoW if I could.