Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO Remade Mortal Online!!!

kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223

Mortal Online is a next generation PC MMORPG both in terms of graphics and gameplay. There are no PvP zones, only an open realistic world where you are free to choose your own path. Experience true real-time combat where you decide every move your character makes and where your personal skill really matters.

We want you and your character to be one. Your skills as a player combined with the skills of your character will determine the outcome of any PvP or PvE fight. In the first person perspective of Mortal Online you virtually perform every action your character does – there is no such thing as automatic combat or your character doing the job for you. Aim and strike anywhere you want, and experience your characters combat skill increase as well as your own.

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
TheVindicators.com

Comments

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311

Hello, you must be the mortal online fanboy, please take a sit over there with Knights of the old republic online fanboys. We'll deal with you shortly after the aion fanboys leave the centre stage. Thank you for your patience.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by darkgamerx

Hello, you must be the mortal online fanboy, please take a sit over there with Knights of the old republic online fanboys. We'll deal with you shortly after the aion fanboys leave the centre stage. Thank you for your patience.

Oh and you must be the village Idiot. Thanks for your 2 cents but im not poor you can have them back and Exit right out that door.

TheVindicators.com

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

Another Fanboi lining up for the good old, "I told ya so."

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

So what you're saying is.

You act like an Ahole to anyone that isn't posting about your game of choice?

Nice post OP.

I agree.

If you're looking for a modern UO style of game, and don't mind the FPV, I think you'll enjoy MO.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by Fariic

So what you're saying is.

You act like an Ahole to anyone that isn't posting about your game of choice?

Nice post OP.

I agree.

If you're looking for a modern UO style of game, and don't mind the FPV, I think you'll enjoy MO.

Thank you fariic for actually making a post worth reading mostly all MO or really any game on this website gets is flames from people who have never even played it.

So Thumbs up.

TheVindicators.com

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

well I HATE CRAFTING =p

We know u just trying to hype so ppl go blindly buy so then they have money do fix the various bugs THEN it MAY become a great game, BUT ppl will find it anoyying and probally start bashing the more than u can promote, so keep it low bro

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

well I HATE CRAFTING =p
    We know u just trying to hype so ppl go blindly buy so then they have money do fix the various bugs THEN it MAY become a great game, BUT ppl will find it anoyying and probally start bashing the more than u can promote, so keep it low bro

They're going to have an open beta before release.

No one needs to buy anything.

Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    So, let me ask you, do you think MO is ready for release, is considered to be an alpha, beta or open beta? Please, tell me where you think the game truely is and be honest, so when the game does release and when, we can tell which trolls and fanbois are truely that.

When MO releases it's not going to have any problems due to gameplay.

Just about everything SV said would be in is in, and they still have 2 more patches to go.

Each patch is huge, and introduces new features. 

When the game releases, it's going to be server and performance that SV will need to worry about.

MO is far from the game for everyone.

Just like DF.

They each have thier niche, thier market.  MO is very much a game in the spirit of UO.

Today,

The game isn't ready for release, but no game that's nearing the end of it's beta is.

The biggest problem with the beta right now is not the lack of fun gameplay.  It's the crappy network performance.  When the server runs right, it's a completely dif. game.

And for the record.

There isn't a lot of negativety in the beta forums.  Very little in fact. 

Most of the people are actually enjoying and excited about the game.

It's a lot easier to hit a forum and troll with a bunch of negativety about a game you don't like, then it is to create thread after thread of possitive praise. 

Take a look at  a the posting history for a lot of the naysayers you see here.  You'll notice a very common trend. 

They support DF.

Or they aren't the sort of person that would be into a game like MO, or even DF for that matter.

PS:  A lot of the beta testers also refuse to post on these forums, because of the shitty community that exists here.

Originally posted by Fariic

So, let me ask you, do you think MO is ready for release, is considered to be an alpha, beta or open beta? Please, tell me where you think the game truely is and be honest, so when the game does release and when, we can tell which trolls and fanbois are truely that.

When MO releases it's not going to have any problems due to gameplay.

Just about everything SV said would be in is in, and they still have 2 more patches to go.

Each patch is huge, and introduces new features. 

When the game releases, it's going to be server and performance that SV will need to worry about.

MO is far from the game for everyone.

Just like DF.

They each have thier niche, thier market.  MO is very much a game in the spirit of UO.

Today,

The game isn't ready for release, but no game that's nearing the end of it's beta is.

The biggest problem with the beta right now is not the lack of fun gameplay.  It's the crappy network performance.  When the server runs right, it's a completely dif. game.

And for the record.

There isn't a lot of negativety in the beta forums.  Very little in fact. 

Most of the people are actually enjoying and excited about the game.

It's a lot easier to hit a forum and troll with a bunch of negativety about a game you don't like, then it is to create thread after thread of possitive praise. 

Take a look at  a the posting history for a lot of the naysayers you see here.  You'll notice a very common trend. 

They support DF.

Or they aren't the sort of person that would be into a game like MO, or even DF for that matter.

PS:  A lot of the beta testers also refuse to post on these forums, because of the shitty community that exists here.

Well, I think you can agree that the thread posted by Cronnix isn't fanboi or troll but rather a non-objective look at the game. Just from what was posted and the fact there were no comments against what was posted leaves me to believe its pretty accurate. So, would you say right now that what he posted about whats in-game as we speak is correct? If so, than it sounds a lot more like alpha then beta or open beta.

I've only read bits and pieces of his review.

I can only say that the game isn't ready to release today, and still needs more features added and then polish.

Not everyone's going to like the game, no matter how much work they do with it before release.

Most of MO's current problems is the network lag.

Not crappy gameplay.  However, not everyone is going to like the gameplay.

Some won't find it twitchy enough, some won't like the FPV, some won't like that spells are autoaimed, some won't like that there aren't any quests, some won't like that it's not PvP centric.

There's a dif. between a game being shitty because the gameplay is shitting, and a game being shitty because it's still being beta tested, has bugs, and performance issues.

For everyone one guy you see posting here that the gameplay sucks, I assure you, there are MANY, MANY more that think the gameplay is good.

I can't argue that someones opinion is wrong.  It's thiers.  I can only point out facts that may be wrong.

The other guys review here isn't wrong either.  It's rather factual, but I can say that it's just his opinion, the game isn't for him.   That and he went in "knowing he wasn't going to like it".

• oramiooramio Member Posts: 121

As a beta tester, I can say that PvE part of the game is not there. We have the proof of concept there, a couple of mobs wandering around, but if you say no to PvP, and you are not targeting to be a crafter, than there is not much else to do. You cannot try to go after a fabled creature to kill it to gather something special or so. PvP part of the game is quite enjoyable as I am having big fun even with the time to time choppy network problems. 

The good thing is that, all of the exploits I've run in the game is reported in accessible database maintained by the developers that gives me a very good impression.

Some sort of guild functionality is there, again housing is there without any furniture. No weather, no day/night cycle as of now.

At the moment it is beta, and it is normal to have features missing as I see quite impressive list of features added to the game with each patch. It is very hard to make a decision with this state of the game, as probably I would be waiting for purchase if I hadn't buy the game to speak as of now. I have pruchased the game to support the developers, but I am not so blindfolded to expect the same dedication and behavior from everyone else. Trying to guess the status of the game 1-1.5 month later, it is only a speculation based on assumptions.

What I'll say is that, this game is still fun as of now, but incomplete also. Keep an eye on it to see what the oncoming months will bring to us. It is highly possible that it will be a very good game even on release

Fair enough, we all have our opinions and thats the only thing we as gamers can agree on. Just from what I've read from reviews after NDA dropped, I'm seeing an unfinished game. Does that mean it's unfinished or is it just beta? I don't know, but I do know I'm not going to pay $75 to find out. According to Cronnix's review, the game seems fairly empty at the moment, but it is still in beta. It's just that the company stated during its $75 pre-order beta access that the game was launching in September. How much as been added to the game since than? How far are we from an actual release date? Me personally, I don't care for game companies that feed a lot of BS just to satisfy PR quotas. Tell us the truth and avoid another Age of Conan fiasco.

Actually,

The game is under 50.  It was 75 for the boxes, but even the standard box was actually a LE because they only had a limitted number printed.  You can't buy them anymore, and they were 75 because it's actually an engraved metal box.

When they started preorders it was indicated that the game would launch at the end of Q4. 

Semptember is when the boxes were supposed to launch.

They announced about a month ago that the boxes didn't make it out on time because they were waiting on the company to make the full loot bags to finish them up.  They just announced the other day that the bags were done and that they were finalizing the pachaging for shipping.  We'll recieve the current client version, and if we wish we can fill out some form and they'll send us the release client when the game is gold.

The game doesn't "seem" fairly empty, it IS empty.  Kind of.

Empty in that there aren't a diverse selection of mobs to kill.  We have weasels, pigs, gazelle, wisent, terrorbirds, horses, wolves, direwolves and a minotaur or two.  However, these mobs are in abundance, all over the world.  It's impossible to travel across the world an NOT see something you can try and kill.  In comparison, the world is fuller then DF feels.  DF def. has more types, but you don't run into a bunch of stuff when running around the world, in MO it's impossible to not see something.

Since july a LOT has been added to the game.  

Some of the more cynical would say that everything that's been added should have been there from the beginning, but that's cynicism.  What's been added has been very methodical.  They give the base function, correct, refine, then give us a more complete function.  They're adding modules bit by bit, and then bringing them together.  For example: They started us with characters that were effectively maxed, they did work on that, then gave us characters that were starting level, and worked on that.  Now we have the actual character creation system that allows us to go from beginning to the available end, and it works.

What a lot seemed to expect was all the functions in at the beginning, and for them to fix it all at once.  When we started beta we had literally nothing, they weren't bug hunting, they weren't balancing, they were stablizing.  For the first month or two it was all about getting the server to run 24/7; all they wanted was for us to log in, or try and log in, so they could fix just that part; not the server is runnign nonstop.  In comparison, another beta I'm in you can only play play on specific days, and at specific times, but the nature of the beta is actually very similliar to MO's, they're giving some functions, testing, refinging, giving us the refinded function, then giving us a new function; granted this beta is being build by an established  group, with plenty of funding, and considerably more people; so it feels a lot more polished.

Anyone that says nothing has been added over the last 4 months, or that very little has been added, is blatantly lying.

You'll also see other saying that MO is developing on the fly.  Yes and no.  All development is done on the fly, but MO isn't building from the ground up and then giving systems to us, they have things that have already been done, held back, and then given to us when it's time to test.  

Download the client.  It's free.  Unpack it and watch what unpacks.  There's a lot there that we, the testers, don't have access to.

Do we need every mob in game for them to test that when you shoot a mob it takes damage, that when it dies it drops a bag, that when you click the back you get a loot window, when you click the loot it transfers to your bag, and finally when you move the loot window moves?  No.  What's there is given to us to suply the resources we need to craft stuff, wisent gives wool, other animals give leather, etc., and to test and refine how basic mobs work.  We dont' need 30 dif. mobs to test, because everything they learn from the few that are there gets applied to all the others that aren't enabled yet.  We have passive, agressive, herd, pack, and solitary aninals, and they are able to test how they each functio so that they can apply it to the others of those nature.

People keep expecting this beta to be just like a lot of others.  They were expecting a lot more then was there, they didn't read, or take seriously what SV said about it being rough.  They though they would be able to preview the complete game, and we didn't get to.  We get to preview base functions that haven't been compiled into a whole, and this turned a bunch of people away.  Many of them think that because the game isn't complete that it equates to an alpha, and that what we have now is what we'll get.

I've been in the beta since the first day of block A.

I've gotten to see what SV is capable of first hand.  I've experienced each and every patch. I've experienced the server at it's worse, and on a few occasions, at it's best.  

I have nothing but the utmost of confidence in Starvault, and I'm truelly impressd by the amount, and speed at wich these guys work; with just a handful of developers.  I trust these guys to release with what they said they would, and I believe that this will be a good game.

I haven't actually fully enjoyed another MMO in over 3 years.

MO is the first one in over 3 years that I can't wait to get home from work and play.  For me that says a lot.  Especially because the MMO I always wanted was basically UO updated with modern graphics, and MO is shaping up to be exactly that. 

Originally posted by oramio

As a beta tester, I can say that PvE part of the game is not there. We have the proof of concept there, a couple of mobs wandering around, but if you say no to PvP, and you are not targeting to be a crafter, than there is not much else to do. You cannot try to go after a fabled creature to kill it to gather something special or so. PvP part of the game is quite enjoyable as I am having big fun even with the time to time choppy network problems. 
    The good thing is that, all of the exploits I've run in the game is reported in accessible database maintained by the developers that gives me a very good impression.
    Some sort of guild functionality is there, again housing is there without any furniture. No weather, no day/night cycle as of now.
    At the moment it is beta, and it is normal to have features missing as I see quite impressive list of features added to the game with each patch. It is very hard to make a decision with this state of the game, as probably I would be waiting for purchase if I hadn't buy the game to speak as of now. I have pruchased the game to support the developers, but I am not so blindfolded to expect the same dedication and behavior from everyone else. Trying to guess the status of the game 1-1.5 month later, it is only a speculation based on assumptions.
    What I'll say is that, this game is still fun as of now, but incomplete also. Keep an eye on it to see what the oncoming months will bring to us. It is highly possible that it will be a very good game even on release

Stay tuned to see what oncoming months have in store for us? Ok, what happened to the pre-order slated release date of September? It's now almost December and your talking about oncoming months? I'm sure that $75 they received from all their pre-orders isn't going to fund even an indy company for 4-6 months. I'm sorry, but I see red flags popping up just like a few other FFA PvP games I once followed.

Rhokelaw, I agree that game is postponed, and how many games do you know that are not postponed? And I am still playing the game for free on their server, using the bandwidth they are paying the bills for?

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

I haven't logged in in a few weeks. I was very surprized to see a great new login and character create screen. All the races were added and race blending works with a change in starting stats depending on the race blend. When I logged in, the game was much more responsive than it was a few weeks ago. I only played about 2 hours. But in that time I increased my str and con about 20 points each. Crafted 3 wood weapons, 2 metal weapons and a leather suit of armor. I didn't have time to explore or fight, but with the lighter weapons, the swings wre much faster than the starter axe.

With what is in game now, this game is a lot of fun and has the potential to be one of the best world settings for a sandbox I have seen in a long time. PvE really isn't in yet other than the animal mobs in groups around the current world from the beta videos I have seen I will be working on taming and getting a horse tonight to try to explore as much as possible.

If they get the PvE mix right for launch. The game will be the closest to the UO experiance in along time. I am crossing my fingers. And on the DFO vs MO front. You really can not compare the two. DFO is an FPS style PvP game. It is a good game for the PvP only crowd. MO wants to be (IMHO) just a sandbox world where you can do whatever you want.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by artemisentr4

I haven't logged in in a few weeks. I was very surprized to see a great new login and character create screen. All the races were added and race blending works with a change in starting stats depending on the race blend. When I logged in, the game was much more responsive than it was a few weeks ago. I only played about 2 hours. But in that time I increased my str and con about 20 points each. Crafted 3 wood weapons, 2 metal weapons and a leather suit of armor. I didn't have time to explore or fight, but with the lighter weapons, the swings wre much faster than the starter axe.
    With what is in game now, this game is a lot of fun and has the potential to be one of the best world settings for a sandbox I have seen in a long time. PvE really isn't in yet other than the animal mobs in groups around the current world from the beta videos I have seen I will be working on taming and getting a horse tonight to try to explore as much as possible.
    If they get the PvE mix right for launch. The game will be the closest to the UO experiance in along time. I am crossing my fingers. And on the DFO vs MO front. You really can not compare the two. DFO is an FPS style PvP game. It is a good game for the PvP only crowd. MO wants to be (IMHO) just a sandbox world where you can do whatever you want.

All things to all people yet not at the same time. Unless they have auto generated 1 time only "quest" or the task skill progression system in at launch, and only if they fill the gapping hole in their flagging system will it be both a good PvP game and a good PvE game. Right now, the game has little PvE (unless you tame or craft) and the PvP system has 1 flaw that affects all aspects of PvP, unless you are a solo blue that only hunts reds. The RP aspects of the game are great and leave a lot of room for ingunitiy, but there isn't much "content"

I still say magic is cheeze mode.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher
    All things to all people yet not at the same time. Unless they have auto generated 1 time only "quest" or the task skill progression system in at launch, and only if they fill the gapping hole in their flagging system will it be both a good PvP game and a good PvE game. Right now, the game has little PvE (unless you tame or craft) and the PvP system has 1 flaw that affects all aspects of PvP, unless you are a solo blue that only hunts reds. The RP aspects of the game are great and leave a lot of room for ingunitiy, but there isn't much "content"

I still say magic is cheeze mode.

Magic is not there (well magic we are testing is not the magic advertised), and PvE aspects we have at the moment cannot be called PvE for now. On the other hand, I am enjoying the game a lot, but with the features currently available, I'll get bored in a short time. Final word is that the game is not yet released

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335

i like how people call this a next gen MMO but the combat system is from like the 1980s

it's brutally SLOW 

• VulpeculaeVulpeculae Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by oramio

Stay tuned to see what oncoming months have in store for us? Ok, what happened to the pre-order slated release date of September? It's now almost December and your talking about oncoming months? I'm sure that $75 they received from all their pre-orders isn't going to fund even an indy company for 4-6 months. I'm sorry, but I see red flags popping up just like a few other FFA PvP games I once followed.

I bought the game back in late July, and afaik they never said that the game was going to launch in September. Even if it did, it is not a big deal as most (read: all ) MMO:s get delayed, why would a indie game be any different?

Quote from the shop:

The physical products will be shipped from Sweden around September. Further updates before the launch of the full game will be shipped free of charge in connection to the launch. When buying a physical version you are also allowed to download the game, and play it in your corresponding Beta block.

The launch of Mortal Online is planned for Q4 2009 (Oct-Dec). This is not set in stone however, as we want all core features to be in place and properly tested before charging monthly subscriptions. We do not guarantee a specific release date for Mortal Online.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

haha.

I agree with this, but fanboys will be fanboys, they will always make outragous claims that they cant back up. They will always cite what the devs say will be in game and some how sees the future and knows its there. They think words are the holy grail. This cycle will never end as long as MMO's are being developed.

I have been anticipating FFXIV for years, long before I even knew what the name of the mmo was that SE was working on. I dont care what promises SE makes and the said features, show me footage (not teaser trailers) of it dont tell me how it will work. Untill then I approach it the same way as I do every mmo. A critic. No need to get hopes up for another garbage game.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

The MMOs today is just to much about smashing keys as fast as possible. MO have done a much more realistic combat than any MMO have. 

I really like the combat in MO and it's fun. It seams much slower than it is. In MO it's lots of real skill involved in combat. 

Check these two videos ...

First is mounted combat with axe and archery:

www.youtube.com/watch

Second is when a blue player attack a red town and have to flee out from it. It don't goes that well first. Here you can really see how the FPV is in MO and you might understand why they done it that way. After a half min into the video you understand what I mean. 

www.youtube.com/watch

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335
    Originally posted by Diekfoo

The MMOs today is just to much about smashing keys as fast as possible. MO have done a much more realistic combat than any MMO have. 
    I really like the combat in MO and it's fun. It seams much slower than it is. In MO it's lots of real skill involved in combat. 
    www.youtube.com/watch
    Second is when a blue player attack a red town and have to flee out from it. It don't goes that well first. Here you can really see how the FPV is in MO and you might understand why they done it that way. After a half min into the video you understand what I mean. 
    www.youtube.com/watch

lol the combat system looks boring as hell you just click 1 button 

• TykeyTykey Member Posts: 19

www.youtube.com/watch

That one is really cool! I like I like.

I'm quite fine with slow combat. One of ma ol favorites was bushido blade on PS1 that was also slow and tactical and pretty much an unblocked hit meant death- ahh good times :D

• adralaadrala Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by GetViolated

Originally posted by Diekfoo

www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch

lol the combat system looks boring as hell you just click 1 button 

ORLY?

And you know that how?

MO´s combat is pretty sofisticated. Of course it depends on the player - you can go all the time smashin one buton but as soon as you face an oponent who is not "I just joined" type of newb you will loose.

Why?

In first place, in MO there are arround 6 different hitboxes. There is difference between hitting someone in the leg or in the head, or torso.

So, yeah you have to actually aim you strikes at the bodypart that you think is less armoured or that gives most damage as may be the head. (on a side note, in future there will be possibility to disarm an oponent when you hit him in the weapon arm, and also slow him down if you hit him in the legs)

Next, there are two direction for the swing attack. You can swing left to right and right to left. As you can imagine if your oponen has a shield in his right hand swinging in the wrong direction will mean that most of your swings will be easily blocked.

Also did I mention there is a realtime blocking? (you can even block arrows with some luck. how cool is that, huh?)

You can block with your weapon or shield. THere are 2 kinds of blocks.

1) simple block.  You block but you dont exactly intercept the incoming weapon. This block reduces just 50% of the damage.

2) perfect block. When you block and actually aim your blocking weapon exactly at the direction your enemy is hitting- then you get almost 95% damage reduction.

Next, there is the stabbing attack. Stabbing attacks normally have greater range and are more precise. Plus they  offer a chance (depending on your weapon) to get a weak spot in the armour of your oponent. A weak spot means that you deal full damage, ignoring the armour.

All these take your stamina. So you have to monitor it closely. Getting in a fight with low stamina is a 100% death. Moving arround your oponent, calculating your strikes, looking for weak spots, blocking and monitoring your stamina is pretty hard. 

When you add to all this the combat magic (not fully implemented yet) where you have a DOT spell and a powerful DAT spells plus some healing spells....and this is just beta.

With no racial skills nor any special secondary skills ( over 70 primery skills and 1000 secondary one are planned. In beta we have arround 20 skills total). With only  arround 10% of all the spells. With arround 60% of the planned weapons (each weapon  have its own stats and there are thousands of hundreds of differerent combiantions). With no enchantments....

Should I really go on?

To be honest MO easily blows any other pvp game but UO. But soon....

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by adrala

In first place, in MO there are arround 6 different hitboxes. There is difference between hitting someone in the leg or in the head, or torso.
    Can anyone post a vid to confirm this is in the game?   All the vids and reviews I have read state that multiple hit boxes are either not in game or they are bugged and do not work.  They all say if you don't aim for the center of a player you will not register a hit.
    So, yeah you have to actually aim you strikes at the bodypart that you think is less armoured or that gives most damage as may be the head. (on a side note, in future there will be possibility to disarm an oponent when you hit him in the weapon arm, and also slow him down if you hit him in the legs)
    Same thing here.   Anyone willing to post a vid of someone being disarmed?
    Next, there are two direction for the swing attack. You can swing left to right and right to left. As you can imagine if your oponen has a shield in his right hand swinging in the wrong direction will mean that most of your swings will be easily blocked.

Also did I mention there is a realtime blocking? (you can even block arrows with some luck. how cool is that, huh?)
    You can block with your weapon or shield. THere are 2 kinds of blocks.
    1) simple block.  You block but you dont exactly intercept the incoming weapon. This block reduces just 50% of the damage.
    2) perfect block. When you block and actually aim your blocking weapon exactly at the direction your enemy is hitting- then you get almost 95% damage reduction.
     I've read that blocks currently don't work as intended and the devs are also aware of the situation.  This was on the official MO forums.

• adralaadrala Member Posts: 148

1) Hit boxes are there. You have:

-head

-arms (2)

-torso

-lower body

2. Right now only head gives extra damage. You still can aim at different parts of the body. If you notice that someone in full plate armour is missing a sleeve you can do him much more damage aiming at that arm.

As I said in future aka at release  you will be able to stun your opponent for a bit if you hit him in the head, slow him down if you hit him in the lower body or disarm him if you hit him in the arms.

The crosshair rumour is becouse current hit prediction system is not yet optimized and frequently when you turn while swinging the hit will not register. Devs are working on it though I doubt they will fix it before release.

3. The blocking does work. What happens is that its not yet balanced. To block you loose stamina (which is ok). A succesfull block takes even more stamina. However the person that you blocked is not affected by the block meaning that  there is hardly an option for a counter attack after a succesfull block.

The community has suggested that  a succesful block should "paralize" the attacker for couple of seconds or make him loose much more stamina than a normal hit.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Hey I'm looking for a modern UO!  Ohhh but not in the FPV.  I'm actually looking for a real modern UO.  See ya around I guess.