Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My beta(or should I say alpha) review and is MO a scam?

Hi, Ive been playing Mortal Online since day 1 of beta and I have around 100+ hours of play time invested between all the games patches up until today and I would like to share my experiences with people who might be considering getting this game.  I personally think the game is not only terrible and a complete waste of time but in fact I think it is a scam.  Some people think that might be going to far but unless youve played and researched the game as extensively as I have and aren't a completely delusional fanboi then youd almost certainly agree with me.

Lets start off with the FACT that you HAVE TO PAY in order to get into beta(alpha really).  In fact you dont just put a small down deposit on the game you have to literally pay for it in full and one of the perks for doing so just so happens to be access to beta.  Oh and did I mention that this game is more expensive than any other video game Ive ever seen in my life?  It was 75$ and I bet youre saying "well thats probably because you got the super special edition".  Nope, wrong.  75$ just for the regular fucking box version...want the special edition?  $100+.  Even the downloaded version is more than most games boxed versions. 

Oh and did I mention the boxed versions were suppose to have been shipped out September 1st of this year and its almost December and they still havent been shipped out.  In fact it took the CEO of the company til October to even come out and make a public statement about this.  Oh and it gets better.  THE COMPANY IS STILL REFUSING REFUNDS, despite the fact that they have defaulted on their contract by almost 2 months now.

From the very get go I was able to tell that Mortal Online was going to be terrible.  You were forced to download the client from a torrent which at the time only had 1 seed so it took literally half a day to download the game and since there wasn't a working patcher until just recently, you were forced to do this over and over again.  Then after downloading the client, you soon realize that there isnt even an installer for the game and you have to manually find your exe file EVERY TIME you want to play the game.  As soon as I realized these extremely simple steps were overlooked I realized this game was going to be terrible and boy was I right.

After loading up the game the first thing I do is look at the options for video quality which I again see is extremely poorly put together.  There are barely any options to choose from and the layout looks like it was done by a 5 year old, in fact the only things you can do is change your resolution or turn off shadows and adjust in game volume.

Ok so now I make a character and choose between one of the races which until very recently, ALL models looked exactly the same with different skin tones and a decent amount of the customization options were there but didn't work at all.  I pick a female Sarducaan since male characters have their dicks hanging out(which btw is fucking hillarious...how could a company waste any time/resources making a totally useless feature that would turn away customers moreso than attract, considering the majority of MMO players are male and probably don't want to look at dicks all day).  I then select my stats which you have to completely guess what they do since the game gives you absofuckinglutely no information at all.

I enter the game, dumped in some random location that I dont know anything about and I run around in what appears to be a very desolate and empty world with literally almost no NPC's or mobs, in fact its normal to run for several minutes without seeing a single thing except for mountains and trees although theyve slightly improved this lately by adding more useless static animals. 

After running around a while I finally find a town that appears to have some NPC's and I see a few other players running around, mostly all naked and farming resources.  I find the NPC that hands out starter equipment and get a shirt and pants and an axe.   Id also like to note that no items have any stats or info on them at all.  The only thing you are told is how heavy something is, THATS IT.  Its impossible to tell how much protection a piece of armor gives you so you have no clue whats good or not.  Another thing I noticed that pissed me off during this time was the fact that you CANNOT click on something to target it...you have to actually be infront of it and hit tab...like seriously wtf is that shit?

One thing that really caught my attention was the fact that there isn't a single texted NPC in the entire game.  Im seriously blown away by this...never before in the history of RPGs has there been an RPG without texted NPCs.  Even Ultima Online had this which is the game everyone tries to compare MO with.  It's as if Star Vault was trying to make the most dull and uninteresting world possible.  Never before in my life have I seen a game missing so many basic features.  So many things you would assume are mere common sense are overlooked by Star Vault over and over again which only leads me to the conclusion that they are all either complete morons or scam artists.

Next I go find some trees and some rocks and beginning mining and lumberjacking which is the only way you can possibly get new weapons and armor and also how you increase your stats(for instance +const and str for mining and +const and dext for lumberjacking).  I mindlessly tap the same button over and over again for several minutes until I am so heavy I can barely move and then I search for a processor which turns my useless rock into metals like gold, silver, iron etc.  I then take those resources back to the crafter and select my weapon type and create a shiny new dagger.  Now I need some leather in order to make myself some armor so I can either go outside the village and kill a pig or mine some more and trade the metals to a leather merchant.  I spend several hours doing this so that I can make a few sets of weapons and armor incase I die.

Now that Im well geared I decide to go explore the dangerous world.  I run around endlessly only to find vast fields of nothingness with some animals every so often.  I kill some of the animals, which only drop their entire bodies as loot so I can't carry more than 1 without going overweight and being slowed down so farming is useless.  Soon I am confronted by another player who proceeds to kick my teeth in, dealing very fast 25-30 damage hits on me and I die almost instantly since you only start with about 50hp's and armor doesn't appear to do anything.  I tried to send the dude a tell to ask him questions only to realize there is no such feature in the game...pretty retarded if you ask me.  But anyways just for a comparison, his weapon was much bigger and longer than mine(it was a polearm) and it swung just as fast as my tiny ass dagger did and my dagger only hit for 10 damage.

So anyways I find the guy again and we get to talking and I discover a few neat things.  All armor is worthless except for platemail which provides max protection and has literally zero draw backs...you can run just as fast and your casting is not hindered so even "mages" and "priests" are all wearing full plate.  I also find out that in order to stand any chance at all whatsoever vs other competitive players I will have to either macro or spend many hours hitting NPC's in town(since they don't fight back or call guards) in order to get my skills to max.  For instance I started with 0 dagger skill and my dagger hit for 9 damage to start but after macro'n to max my same dagger hit for 24.  I then decide to get my magic skills up and spend another day maxing that which again is nothing more than mind numbing spamming over and over until your eyes bleed. 

So basically you have to spend several days tapping a button before you can even play the game and after that there is nothing to do except PvP and farm more resources to make a useless house.  There is ZERO PvE to speak of and I literally did all the PvE content in the entire game in a single day.  I wonder what people who say games like Age of Conan and Vanguard died due to not having enough high end content, would have to say about a game that not only has zero high end content but virtually no content at all.  Theres about 10 different NPC models in the game and 5 of them are merchants...the other 5 is your PvE content.  There are no quests and there isn't even a single texted NPC in the entire game.

To wrap things up, this game is a complete joke and anyone who likes it or thinks it even has potential is simply delusional and out of their mind.  I understand its easy to get wrapped up in all the hype and how it all sounds on paper but believe me Mortal Online is the furthest thing possible from the dream MMO we're all waiting for.  Every feature currently in Mortal Online is extremely basic and poorly done and riddled with bugs...in fact it feels more like it was thrown together over a weekend as if it were some school project that was going to be late and thrown together at the last minute just to have SOMETHING.     

Save your money and save your time.  Scam artists like the guys at SV do not deserve anyones business.  People love to say how honest these guys are and how upfront they've been with us which I find hillarious because they've lied through their teeth constantly and hyped the shit out of their game with their bullshit 1 million+ item combinations and fighting epic legendary monsters.  Anyone who thinks SV has been honest is a completely delusional nut job.  They first tell us how amazing the game is going to be and then tell us its going to be complete shit for a long time and them telling us the game is shit is suppose to make selling people a broken piece of shit game ok.  I find that logic to be completely retarded.

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

Oh look! A newly created account by a Darkfall Fanboi bashing MO!

What a surprise, really! What superior originality!

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

This thread delivers.

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Pfft, created like 3 months ago.

• TheConfinedTheConfined Member Posts: 46

wow what the fuck...everytime theres an apostraphe the word becomes distorted...weird

oh and just one other thing I forgot to mention after having just read about it in another thread

I love how people talk about MO being so cutting edge and the future of MMO's and then I tried taming in the game...

taming consists of you walking up to an NPC animal and typing "tame" upon which your character says "come here domestic pig"  "come come now"  "good domestic pig" and then a message whether you failed or succeeded. 

ya thats some real cutting edge shit right there lol!

there isn't even an animation or anything other than the retarded lines of text I just said...totally ridiculous

Rofl...what a joke of a game.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I mean, what did you expect? You buy the game to support them and thats it. If you dont believe its a scam you dont buy it. Once the game is complete, there is a free month. I rather pay to play Mortal online then playing and paying darkfall online with those ugly magic spam and bigass aoe's.

The devs warned you. Buying MO is to support the game. They use to sell T-Short. So now they decided to move on on selling their box and beta access.  You dont know how many followers both their MO T-Shirt.

MO got potential and i can see it. Only those who see the potential buy the game. Those who think they will get some fun by buying the beta client, those who expected a beta like wow was, Aion or something, then im sorry for them.

I dont know if you heard it, but somoene both MO Limited Full loot bag for 50 000$ If i remember.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Are you (OP) talking about your first week in beta? Of course things dont work then!

And who forced you to get the game? Did someone twist your arm? I have also followed MO since day one, but i thought "hmm, im gonna wait a couple of months before geting it!" why didnt you?

And how is MO today? Almost no point in telling how it was three months ago.

I will wait until next year before i get MO, if i think it looks ok. I will not take any meaningless whining or anything. I will let the game speak for itself.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I never played a sandbox mmo, and MO sounded like a great game that Id like to try, but this post, along with others, paints a very grim image of the game. also, 75€ / 100€ for the normal / CE? seriously? I understand if they are a new company with no resourses, but shouldnt the price of a product be earned by its quality?

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• TheConfinedTheConfined Member Posts: 46

Plz learn2read Daarco

"Hi, Ive been playing Mortal Online since day 1 of beta and I have around 100+ hours of play time invested between all the games patches up until today"

I clearly stated that I've played every build from the first to the most current and of course I'm giving the most updated opinion possible.

"And who forced you to get the game? Did someone twist your arm? I have also followed MO since day one, but i thought "hmm, im gonna wait a couple of months before geting it!" why didnt you?"

Um because I wanted to see what the game was actually about maybe?  No one forced me to get it but wtf does that have to do with anything?  I'm just reviewing the current state of the game and the state it is in is complete shit and I am spending my time letting everyone else know this because I don't want to see people get ripped off and I don't want people like SV getting more business because they do not deserve it.

"And how is MO today? Almost no point in telling how it was three months ago."

its exactly like I just said it is...even today...even after all those patches it still is garbage and ALWAYS will be

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

yea properbly created to troll on darkfall

on that note sure MO aint the most finished product out there, buut its not even released, and then to read someone who is so offended it aint played like one.....and yeap last time logged in it were a very unfinished product, and sure dont understand why they make ppl start out naked. aint like you newly born as a 20-30 yo.  but takes about 5 seconds to find your nearest blacksmith who devoted life to make rags for the naturalists, who want to convert.

they do however work hard on the game and it looks way way better now than it did in start of beta periode. especially on the user friendly side...but still with the feel of get thrown into the world with no clue of where to go or do....as intended in this kind of game.

over all this read seems like one who logged in right after buying access, get disappointed its beta and aint well played like an AAA title - and it sure isnt....and have my doubts it ever will.    just wonder why you bought your way into beta instead of waiting to its actual release.  am sure it will be cheaper or same price when that time come...and would have a chance to read some reviews

Originally posted by Toquio3

I never played a sandbox mmo, and MO sounded like a great game that Id like to try, but this post, along with others, paints a very grim image of the game. also, 75€ / 100€ for the normal / CE? seriously? I understand if they are a new company with no resourses, but shouldnt the price of a product be earned by its quality?

If your mind is set that way, dont think about it and go on. Enjoy the game you currently have or go to best buy buying a new one. Once MO is complete, then you can think about buying it. I mean, its funny to hear about you ppl reviewing a beta. Not a beta like wow, aoc, warhammer or aion, but a beta made by a niche company that only have 10 to 30 employes. At darkfall release day, they had like 300 000 followers. Once PPL tried the beta, most of them left. After 1 or 2 months after we had to pay to play, more players left. We dont care about the carebears, but it was not because of that, but because of the grind and the macroers. 6 or 7months after, players start to comeback and new players join.

Just give MO the time he need. To even think about buying it now and wait teal MO is complete. The OP try to review the PVE content in beta MO, but the truth is that most of the monsters dont move at all. They stand steel and never die or there are lack of pve monsters around the world.

If you want to listen to a real review, read that one

(Made By  Cronix)

I though to jump the bawnwagon of the reviews and share my opinion about the game. But please note that this is not the holy truth, but simply my opinion as beta tester.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If I am wrong about some function of any feature, please leave reply and I will change it.

Also, I would appropriate that if you dislike the review, please state your reasons so I can make it better ^^

If you just want my opinion about the game, without reading about positive and negative sides of each feature, jump to the last part "Conclusion".

---------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I gotta say that game is very far away from being done. I am amazed by patience the community is showing, so I have to add it here too: If you are looking for some free gametime and enjoy the game in Open Beta, you wont get it. Judging by latest patches open beta will be no better then current state of the game, which is mild said "Bug testing mode".

The only stuff in the game currently are the following (I will go trough them one by one in a min):

-Horses, and mounted combat.

-Taming.

-Simple housing, you can build house on a premade spot, and houses can be destroyed.

-Simple combat system. Just hit and hope for the best.

-Simple magic system with few spells (6-7).

-Simple ranged combat.

-Half done crafting system. The reagent mix is working as intended, however crafting is done by NPC.

-Very very simple gathering of those few rare herbs you may be lucky to find.

-Gathering of wood and stone, and refining it into better materials.

-Half done flagging system (Aka your murder count).

-Blood mix system for character stats.

-Few skills which can be trained up such as mining, strength, ect.

-Very basic guild system, it is basically just another chat and war declaration on other guild.

-Basic Netherworld (Aka ghost run mode after death).

-Moving around :P

That's it. That is all you can do in game at the moment. Craft, build houses and fight. If anything is not in the list, you can't do it (Except for obvious things like jumping and chatting). Now let's go trough basics of the game.

---

First person view:

I gotta admit MO done some nice work there, but imho there it is far from finished. Camera feels bit unnatural, sitting in the chest rather then in the head. You bow down with whole upper body in order to look down which results in you not being able to see your chest (Unless you are sitting on a horse). Apart from those things which may be considered as eye candies by some people, FPV seems to work fine. Animations mostly are well made, even thou the gathering animation is making you seasick, you do get a feeling of being in the game.

However, there is another aspect to FPV, Field off View. Which feels a bit off in MO. There been some discussion going on about it in MO forums lately, and seems that it mostly depends on monitor you are using, in short, people with 17 inc are screwed. None the less it feels bit cutoff at the sides, even thou SV did add a nice "fish eye" effect to it.

---

Character advance:

There are no levels in MO, instead the game uses skills advance system, which means that your character power is based on it's skills. You get no extra stats from armour then just protection, so you will have to skill up your skills by combat, gathering, or what other means SV may come up with in future.

Skills are mainly of two type, character stats and item/ability skill. By character stats I mean strength, dexterity, ect. By item stat I mean how good you are at using a specific weapon, or riding a horse. Needless to say that item stats skill up while using the item/ability in question, while most character stats skill up under normal active gameplay. For example strength skill up while gathering, so does constitution (Excuse me if I misspell the name of stat). The higher your skill is, better you are at a certain task.

However, those who fear that skilling up will be to much grinding on alts, have no fear. SV have a system which I forgot the name of, which allows several main skills you skilled up on main to be transferred to the alts.

---

Combat:

Here, MO does have quite a few things to fix... The main problem of the combat is that currently you are running lot slower with weapon out, and you also stop each time you need to equip/unequip it. Makes sense, doesn't it? Sure does, however that results in you being unable to chase anyone at all, if they now decide to run for it (Which happens in 90% of cases of open world encounters).

However if you do engage in melee combat with someone else, it's not bad. The swings does feel way slower then they should atm, however I believe it will be fixed later on. Melee currently seems be using invisible small box or crosshair, so you can't hit two targets with one swing. Also range of melee weapons seems to be bit buggy time to time, even if you stand next to your target you can miss him. The blocking is in, but seems to have no animation, rather just being extra text in chat log. There are also several types of swinging, but apart from thrust which help if you got a spear, they seems to make no difference.

With that being said, melee combat even if unfinished and bit bugged, delivers the feeling of melee combat, even thou it may not be responsible enough yet you get the feeling like it is you ingame, swinging that weapon.

Magic and ranged.. Not much to say there. Ranged is working more or less, with arrows having an arch they follow so you gotta aim often higher then your target is at (Possible affected by wind later on). As for magic, that is one feature I did not try out fully because of the reagents needed. But it seems that your spell can fail, and you can precast it. However the magic seems to be far from done and does not deliver the feeling of you being a magic user.

Something I almost forgot to mention is mercy mode, when you bring down opponent to very low HP without one shotting him, he gets down on knees and you can either finish him off in quite a cool way, or let him live, he is stunned anyway. Quite a cool feature imho.

---

Crafting:

The system which is currently in beta is half a placeholder. The material mixing seems to work as intended, however instead of you crafting the weapon a NPC does it. I gotta say I am impressed by the mixing system. Each resource have specific stats, which it forwards to the weapon. Also each type of metal can be refined several times into a finer and lighter type. Back to stats.. Some metal may do more damage, some may cost less to swing.

It is really fun to match and mix the materials for blade, core, and the handle and find the best blade which suits you. You can also mix different kinds of blades and handles to make some unique weapons. Pretty much the same goes for armour crafting. You have to balance between weight of it and the protection it gives. However, there is no more crafting then this in game atm.

Also I have to add that in order to make a full set of armour, it takes a good while to gather all the mats. Maybe about two hours?

---

Gathering:

Gathering is really simple atm, even thou we are promised some minigames in future. You grab an axe, then go hit a stone or tree. You have a chance to get basic ore from stones, or a special type of wood from trees. Also while you gather you skill your attributes such as strength up. After you gathered some ore, you go to a NPC and refine it into several better metals.

By default it can for example be steel you got, which you can refine once again into tungsteel, and once again into whatever comes after it. The finer the metal is, the less it weight and more damage it does.

Almost same is for leather. Go kill a boar, grab it's carcass and bring it to NPC who will turn it into leather and some bones as side waste.

---

The world:

Best graphics of the year award, huh.. Well, I gotta admit that MO done some impressive work on graphics considering the size of the team behind it. However it is far from done. While models are well made with some really good textures which add the depth polygons may fail to deliver, the world feels bit plain. All trees in the forest are the same, little details.. But I believe that is not their top priority at the moment and will be fixed later. Also there is talk about trees being placeholders too, which will be replaced by impressive speedtree later on.

World is seamless and there are no instances, so from few high places you can get a really nice view over almost whole currently available land, even thou trees and objects gets cut out due to extremely high distance. Overall world feels natural, even if it is plain it feels like a real world should. There are no maps, so you are forced to explore which I got positive memories from.

Monsters around the world are surely nice animated. They feel alive, rather then just standing still and waiting for you to kill them. While towns have only main NPC which are needed for beta to function, I think we can be sure to see some nice NPC there living their lives later on.

Sound in MO is quite nicely done too. I like that they decided to skip music in some places and instead replaced it with natural sound of the forest for example. Also most mobs such as pigs seems to let out ambient sounds time to time.

Oh yes, and not to forget imba looking sky, or fans will skin me alive.

---

Netherworld:

This is something that requires own topic.. MO's death system is following, that as soon as you are killed you spawn as ghost at your body (And probably will see enemy teabagging you), and then you will have to travel around in attempts to find a priest NPC, which you have to talk to in order to be resurrected. The problem is that your vision is really limited while in ghost form, and also have a kind of "water" effect to it. Nonetheless it all contributes to a painful experience. The main key to that pain is that you have no idea where priests are, unless you spend 3 hours at start to explore whole world an mark each of them on the map.

One way out is to try and remember way to nearby city, since there is always a priest in there, however that can become quite a problem if you for example were travelling to your buddies on other side of the map and is now familiar with surrounding. Some consider it hardcore, I consider it pain in ass. However I must add that once again the current system is a placeholder and they are considering adding some kind of beams of light above priests so it is easier to navigate to them. But be prepared for spending half a hour in attempts to find one till then. I however think that netherworld is such a pain purely because it is to much of effort to navigate to priests, not because it takes time or I think it should be removed.

---

PvE:

Little to be said here to be honest.. PvE seems to currently only exist for resource hunting. All animals drop leather which is needed for armour crafting, some is better then other. We don't see yet epic creatures, or one in a life time encounter bosses. There are few mobs currently ingame, and they are: Terror bird, Minotaur, Boars, Weasels, Wolfs (Those are hardcore bastards), Horses, and Bisons. They are all scattered across the world, often in large groups.

---

Housing:

Working as intended seems like. You buy a plan of a house from NPC, and can build a house on a premade spot (to avoid conflicts with other objects and not letting people build in stupid places). It takes a while to gather resources for house to be build alone, so get some friends with you. Also you gotta "work" on your house, stand inside it and "build" it. There are also several upgrades to your house, the latest is module D, so we got 4 tiers of houses in game atm. The higher is tier, the better the look (Or well, supposed to), and the bigger house is.

Once house is complete, your friends and guild can get access to it if you wish, and there is also a chest inside it for you to store your stuff in.

What is however interesting, is that houses are locked by a key (duh..) which can be looted from other players, or maybe stolen (If rumours are true about next patch). Needless to say, having a key anyone can access your house, but you also have option to change the lock on your house in order to avoid it. Also not to forget to mention it, anyone can destroy your house while you are away.

---

Taming & horses:

Here here boy... come come.. Well, seems to be working as intended, and even if we faced few bugs, and currently creatures cannot follow you across invisible areas which worlds is divided into, taming seems to work and is needed in order to get a horse.

Riding seems to be as realistic as rest of the features are trying to be. You have riding skill, and several types of speed. Galop, canter, or whatever they are called. Also horse can throw you off if you go to fast with to little riding skills. Mounted combat is also in, and seems to work quite ok.

---

User Interface:

Ouch.. I understand that it is beta and UI might not be their main focus, but the one currently ingame is plain pain and even UI artist seems to agree on it so it will be improved in the future.. or atleast I am really hoping for it. UI misses basic features such as aiming mode going automatically over in mouse interaction mode if you interact with NPC (Or atleast it is very bugged), and is not the most beautiful one. SV are doing improvements of UI lately, kudos to them, however be prepared for some annoying extra clicking, unless something changes dramatically in next few weeks.

---

Conclusion:

Is MO currently the most amazing, realistic game we all waited for? No, however it shows all the signs to become it, and with such detailed features as locks on houses I mentioned it seems that it will become quite advanced game. However the adding of new features goes quite slow at the moment considering there is about a month left till the release. It took a good while to fix the core of the game the first months so it would stop crashing every hour and people would not spawn in a very bugged lake, and since then I can't claim that development is going fast. I guess it also depends on that each feature needs to be fully stress tested, which cannot be done by SV alone.

However, what do I know? Maybe SV got most features ready and just waiting for last weeks to put them all ingame? SV stated several times that they rather release several working but unpolished features, then few, polished but not fully working ones.

Currently the game feels raw, very user unfriendly and most features have minor bugs as the ones I mentioned in melee combat. SV seems to have big plans however, and some very interesting features ahead, so we can safely say MO will not be like other games, but main question is if SV will not fail to deliver those features. Which is honestly hard to answer at the moment. But what I seen so far, SV seems to be know what they are doing and what they want from the game, which is a positive sight.

Currently the game is not in state of free play time most betas of the MMOs are, but rather in a bug testing mode. Yet people seems be having fun, and the key to it seems not only be the feeling of exploration of a new world, but also the fun when you can interact with that world in a more freely way then in other MMO's.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by TheConfined

...in fact it feels more like it was thrown together over a weekend as if it were some school project that was going to be late and thrown together at the last minute just to have SOMETHING.      

Poor MO players.  Getting rolled by a classroom of high  school swedes. 

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752

Arent you threatened you troll...talk crap about DF for years and when someone comes and says something negative about your game 

"DARKFALL FANBOY HATING ON MY LOVEBIRD OMG OMG OMG"

pathetic

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by Einstein-DF

Arent you threatened you troll...talk crap about DF for years and when someone comes and says something negative about your game 

"DARKFALL FANBOY HATING ON MY LOVEBIRD OMG OMG OMG"

pathetic

There's a difference between being negative/positive and lies. That guy posts lies, just like the Darkfall fanbois posted lies about how awesome their game was. That includes you, of course, and I understand you feel threatened by a game you didn't even play at all and which will most likely be better than your crappy excuse for a sandbox game. That's not hard btw, just do something more that a fragfest and you have a better game than dorkfail.

Anyway, what you trolls say doesn't count. When the open beta starts, I invite everybody reading this to TRY OUT THEMSELF. That's the only best way to judge a game. Don't believe bitter people who are worried their crappy game could be bested, and even better, don't believe me either! Try it yourself. Because here, unlike dorkfail, you will have a free open beta/trial period.

'nuff said.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

The OP has a point. This game is supposed to be released in a month. And its still in Alpha stage. If they release it in a month it will be a disaster.

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

I think you're exaggerating a bit much.  I've been in the beta since day 1, also, as have 5 or 6 of my friends.  We all love the game, although admittedly it has a few flaws that need to be worked out.  It definitely lacks polish in some places though.  To say it's "terrible" is ridiculous though.  Most of the systems you mentioned are still being tweaked, or only in the game as complete place holders.  The crafting system is a very basic one just for the sake of having us use it, if you were in the combat beta a few months before block A opened up, you'd know there were more options then that will be back in by release.  The combat is most definitely not about swinging and hoping for the best.  If that's the way you fight, you're terrible.  It does need a few more tweaks though, like shortened delay between the click of your mouse and the swing of your weapon.  Btw, basic ranged combat?  What else do you expect to see in ranged?  You string an arrow, pull the string tight, and let fly.  The arrow arches and the factors taken into calculating its damage and distance are realistic.  What is it lacking in your mind?  Do you want five arrows shot at once with pretty colors and special effects?  The game is going for realism in its combat, not the kind of super special awesome bullshit you see in most fantasy MMOs, where every sword swing has a trail of light.

A lot of the things you mentioned are just questions of polish, which can and will be added by or shortly after release.  Tool tips on the items will be in by release.  The system they intend to have in will actually be badass if they pull it off.  It involves your skill levels with the various items determining what you can tell about an item.  I.E. the higher your sword fighting, the more you can tell about your sword when looking at it.

The only system that I will not defend is the magic system, as it has been a huge disappointment for me.  It just blows my mind that a game like MO where everything, even archery, requires you to actually keep the target centered, which can be hard at times, would have a powerful attack type unchecked and auto-locked.  It doesn't make any sense and unfortunately the devs have said in IRC that they do not intend to change this system much by release.  If you're a mage player, like myself, you may want to avoid the game for a while after release.

Other than that though, the game is steadily improving.  This is a beta you realize, right?  The systems will be broken and unpolished until nearly the end.  That's the entire point.  They have us play the game and give feedback while they create and fix features.  That's why a beta exists.  If you were expecting a nearly completed game on day 1, you're an idiot.

I will say that I do not think the game will be release ready by the end of the year at the rate its going.  Ideally, 2-3 months into 2010 would be perfect, in my mind.  If it isn't delayed, though, I'll still play it, as will all of my friends, and we'll enjoy it.  It's unlike the other games out there and better than a lot of them.  The potential for it is huge and I'm more than willing to put up with a few rocky months after release to help ensure that the game survives and becomes the awesome game we all know that it can be.  I imagine that 6 months after release, btw it hasn't even been 6 months since the beta started, and its come a long way, the game will be vastly different than it is now and hugely improved, especially since they'll have some steady income.

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

I agree 100% with the OP. Been in beta since Block B, waited 3 months and then got a refund. Still got beta access tho, hah. This game is slated for release in 45 days approx.

There is absolutely no way in hell they are going to be able to pull this game together in that amount of time.

It is without a doubt an Alpha, and doesn't even have the final bugged versions of crafting/interface/skills, to be tested. The day it releases is the day the beta starts IMO.

Lastly, do not buy this overpriced hyped up POS. Save your money until release like alot of the fanbois are now beginning to say to doubters themselves.

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by TheConfined

Hi, Ive been playing Mortal Online since day 1 of beta and I have around 100+ hours of play time invested between all the games patches up until today and I would like to share my experiences with people who might be considering gettingwere suppose to have been shipped out September 1st of this year and its almost December and they still ........

......done and riddled with bugs...in fact it feels more like it was thrown together over a weekend as if it were some school project that was going to be late and thrown togetherretarded.

Well, first off, it is a pre-order. Dont play the beta if you don't want to!? It means, you pay to get the game at release. Ok?

Regarding the boxes being delayed, ok, I admit I hate it as well. But as SV has stated, there are 5 companies working with all the dir´fferent stuff and 2 of them are having the delay. I think, poor SV getting screwed by another third-party again (GC history). Well, I am not 10 anymore and can wait for Santa another month or two I guess.

And regarding all the options you talk about, and that there are few models and empty world. No shit, it is beta ffs! And also (if you have been a real follower) regarding your weopons and stats of them. You need a skill for that. Do you thing you are GM in that skill from the beginning? Bah!

Also, taming is "placeholders"... Any way it is better to pop your horsie out from your backpack. Or is that more realistic? hmmm.

Ahh, I dont even bother to write anymore. You stated it yourself that you think MO suck and ALWAYS will... Well, with that determination I dont think you will play it again. So, say goodbye to your money and return to your DFO cave then please? And if it was too expensive for you, why even bother to buy the game in the first place? If you that poor, go get yourself a snes or something cheap. They were supposed to be digital downloads only from the beginning, but when the forums convinced them to make boxes and limited editions as well they did it. So, all cred to SV for LISTENING to their followers!

I even enjoy the game more than Darkfail and it is in beta (I know, its not rdy bla bla.. But I, as so many others, dee the potentiol in it). Compared to Darkfall and Eve, MO will not be any worse? They even got more features in than DFOa year after release ffs...

Well, MO is not for all, so then just dont play it? Calling this your "review" is rofl. It should be done with open eyes, not any narrow-eyed, negative dfo fanboi!

• FeragFerag Member Posts: 23

[quote] Originally posted by Realbigdeal

If you want to listen to a real review, read that one

(Made By Cronix)

I though to jump the bawnwagon of the reviews and share my opinion about the game. But please note that this is not the holy truth, but simply my opinion as beta tester.

*snip*

Currently the game is not in state of free play time most betas of the MMOs are, but rather in a bug testing mode. Yet people seems be having fun, and the key to it seems not only be the feeling of exploration of a new world, but also the fun when you can interact with that world in a more freely way then in other MMO's.

/[quote]

This is a pretty good representation of how the game currently is, while i don't agree with everything you said - i do agree with about 95% of it.  Unfortunately you posted it in this flame thread and i doubt most people are getting past that first post.  Maybe you should make a new thread with it so that people actually get to see a decent review.

As to the op: it seems like he would be impressed if the game just had more emotes/animations half of his complaints seem to be focused around the fact that features are basic (but functional).  I also get the feeling that while he has played every patch, he didnt play them much and just wanted to confirm his already jaded opinion.  For example while taming is just typing the word taming at first, the system has depth.  When you get a pet to be loyal to you its not just yours forever, every command you give it lowers its loyalty to you and you raise that loyalty back by feeding/bandaging it.  Also it looses loyalty over time if you dont take care of it, even while your logged out - but you can set it to graze while your not there so that can be counteracted.  While the taming/pet control system does need some work - especially in regards to some kind of UI, it does make sense that you are talking to the animal and i certainly think the basics of the system will allow it to become a very good feature when it is finished.

So really just take everything the OP said with a grain of salt, there is truth to some of it - but it seems like he didnt really put much effort into trying out the systems before he just decided they were crap.

edit: my browser doesnt seem to let me use the buttons and i don't know the script for this site

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311

The whole MMORPG genre is a scam, players are being pimped and slapped around by developers and we don't even ask why. "PAY US $40 for alpha test" "Yeah sure why not" ... "Some promised features are missing, buy it anyways"   "...Can't you just put in the features then release?"   "*Slap* you better by the game bitch before i kick your ass outta my corner"    "Alright".....

Us as costumers are being abused and used, because the developers out there now that MMORPG genre is really lagging behind other genres, don't bring WoW into this. They can release any old crap with something shiney  and we'll floak, because thats how desperate we've become.

• MortalOnlineMortalOnline Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by MiteFiend

Still got beta access tho, hah.

Originally posted by MortalOnline

Hmm, nope you dont!  

Wow you are fast. 5 mins after posting, you banned my account based on matching MMORPG/beta account names. No hard feelings here, but shouldn't you guys be working on your game and not monitoring MMORPG.com threads? Funny shit.

Took ya long enough. I practically asked you to do it for me.

• FeragFerag Member Posts: 23

Hmm, nope you dont!  

Wow you are fast. 5 mins after posting, you banned my account based on matching MMORPG/beta account names. No hard feelings here, but shouldn't you guys be working on your game and not monitoring MMORPG.com threads? Funny shit.

Took ya long enough. I practically asked you to do it for me.

if i was them i would pay attention to threads calling my company a scam?

Hmm, nope you dont!  

Also you just verified that people indeed did "pay for beta"! And wasn't just A PERK!  I let you sit on my money for 3 months.

My credit card has a maximum 3 month limit on refunds, and was planning on purchasing the game if/when it launches, and gets a few good reviews/updates. I wasnt interested in letting you hold my money for 6 months, so I got a legitamate refund for a 75$ boxed version that was 2 months late being shipped. So now you're going to single me out while out on your PR crusade. GG.

Yup you heard it here folks, Pay to beta test, it's not a perk.