Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date

I dont know if this has been posted yet but i have received an email from Amazon.co.uk listing a release date for SW TOR.

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Availability: This item will be released on March 31, 2010. Pre-order now!. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001O9AQT6/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p63_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1BC5Q9G7E2QJTFHCWRC7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Im quite suprised i did not thing that it would be released so soon if this is correct.

Comments

• ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

I dont think there is a release date yet.

TBH i think its atleast a hole year before we might hear about a release date

System Specc
    Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
    16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
    Nvidia GTX 780

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Release dates generally have nothing to do with actual release but are simply designed to generate sales.  Meaning those dates will always be fairly close.

Expect SWTOR out next Xmas at the earliest.  At least we should hope Xmas at the earliest.  Most games are are released 1-2 years to early and their premature release is the biggest reason for their failure ton keep subs beyond 2-3 months.

• syztecsyztec Member Posts: 114

There was a discussion about this on the Bioware SW:Tor forum too, general opinion was its just a placeholder date and untill its announced by Bioware, not to take it seriously.  Before this new date I was told they had the release date set at 1.1.10 , which you know if you are following the development of the game, there would be no chance of releasing that date.

On play.com its still dated 26th Nov 2010.

I'm still hoping for some announcement either at the end of the year or start of January for beta, then it should give us a fair idea when its going to be  released. *fingers crossed*

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Me think all this "oops we blew our releasedate" kinda leaks is just bioware getting free promotion of their game:) They prob sent amazon the info and amazon went on with it:) Gotta love this geurilla marketing campains!

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Every other week there is some gaming website that puts up a date for the release of a big name product such as this.  Every time, it's just the same thing.  A best guess, or them trying to get some people to preorder through them now.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Interesting. A shame STO on the other hand isn't even listed in Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• OdelaOdela Member Posts: 120

The sales report from EA listed TOR to be released the same quarter was Mass Effect 2.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Odela

The sales report from EA listed TOR to be released the same quarter was Mass Effect 2.

I was just checking SWTOR on Amazon.de. It infuriates me without end that you can already rate and review a game that isn't even out! And people do it. TOR already has six ratings, each 5 stars. Thats hilarious!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335
    Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by Odela

I was just checking SWTOR on Amazon.de. It infuriates me without end that you can already rate and review a game that isn't even out! And people do it. TOR already has six ratings, each 5 stars. Thats hilarious!

beta testors? lol

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Now it says 

"This item will be released on October 31, 2010."

either BS, or they jumped the gun. I wouldn't start popping those champagne bottles just yet.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• apkuapku Member UncommonPosts: 10

/sigh

How to fill the time til then?

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123

go outside?

patience is a virtue.

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548

That is a date that is set forth by the publisher (Lucas Arts in this case) usually because they have to. Stockholders need to be reassured that their investments are going to yield returns and in the gaming industry that usually means the release of the next game. So in order to keep stockholder confidence high release dates are set by the publisher with the contingency that this date can be changed.

Bioware is a pretty big-name company so they pretty much get to tell Lucas Arts when the game is ready and LA isn't likely going to disagree or try to push them. I would be very surprised to see the game this spring. Q2 2010 is possible and Q3 is probable. Any later than that is as unlikely as a Q1 2010 release though considering the extra sales that holidays generate it wouldn't surprise me.

We shall see!

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by RadioMaryja

go outside?

patience is a virtue.

Sorry my burg never slots patience.....

• RydekRydek Member Posts: 35

I would like it to be released asap because im a huge bioware fan and love kotor, so getting back there well i cant wait.

But i would really like if they take there time release Q3 maybe and if they have to delay it to fix bugs, like everyone knows a rushed mmo is a failed mmo, and that goes towards any game released and maybe it being delayed by a few months they can polish and add more content, So fingers crossed all goes well, until then AOC :D 

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

I wouldn't take any of these release dates seriously.  Game might not be out until 2011 for all we know.