Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ffxiv comming to 360

i am posting this to talk about this game comming to 360 are you against it or for it? do you know any inside information about it.

CRIP

Comments

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

SE has worked on the port  but they are experiencing difficulties with MIcrosoft in regards to Xbox Live. Of course FF11 is on the 360 so it is interesting that 14 is experiencing difficulties. MAYbeit is the amount of bandwidth SE is asking for in order to get the FPS they have as a goal. Also I have no idea but I am sure money is involved somewhere in regards to the Live Silver/Gold accounts etc, maybe SE thinks that if they allow Xbox to have the game the LIve subscription fee will hamper the likelihood of Xbots choosing to subscribe t FF14.

Good riddance in my opinion, I find there to be a difference in the playerbase of the two consoles. I liken the Xbots to trigger happy WoW players... so the later they get it the better... if ever.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I'm for it since I have a 360, but I could just as easily play it from my laptop.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• KCCR1P816KCCR1P816 Member Posts: 10

see thats my point to me on any mmo i play its the more ppl on it the better i donno why serious computer game players frown on console owners so bad. thats what broke ppl own, consoles. i know i for one cant afford to go out and spend 6k on a computer to play games on thats gonna look just as good as my 360. i also dont see the point of us getting a late release for the game since that is gonna deture alot of people from wanting to even get it on 360 when it does come out. that just means we are gonna be way behind everyone else so whats the point. i wanna be able to be one of the top ppl not have to chase everyone elses tails. 

CRIP

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I am on the side of more people the better in an MMO. So I am all for a 360 version of ffxiv.

Its the games responsiblity to week out the "wow crowd" and the "xbots" theres bound to be a lot of good mmo players that have an xbox.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

glad to see i got someone on my side i really dont see why pc gamers hate on console gamers so much lol

CRIP

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442
    Originally posted by KCCR1P816

glad to see i got someone on my side i really dont see why pc gamers hate on console gamers so much lol

Hating the xbox live community ( extreme immaturity ) has nothing to do with hating consoles.  No mention was made of consoles in general, remember it comes out on ps3 also.

i understand that but alot of pc gamers i have talked to dont like anyone that plays on a console. i was talking about console gamers not consoles in gerneral. i play ffxi on 360 and see people talking down about console gamers all day. its rediculous. its not all console gamers its just the little kids that are playing games they shouldn't be playing because parents dont know what rated m for mature means. they let them play all these games then wonder where they heard cuss words and shit from i mean come on now. rated Mages 18+ haha

CRIP

• yaku3yaku3 Member Posts: 2

Relly i kind of hate the idea i mean come on. now microsoft has snatched both tekken and final fantasy from ps3 users. I wouldnt mind if they GAVE SOMETHING BACK! I mean come on is it so hard to maybe port over fable? or gears of war? maybe mass effect 2?

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

it doesnt matter what system FF14 comes to, if its anything like FFXI the immature and annoying players (who exist on EVERY console and PC) will weed themselves out once they realize its not worth all the time and money to just piss people off. I mean look at FFXI, its one of the best communitys in game and its the only cross platform MMO.

im personaly going to play it on console (my ps3) first becuase i can garuntee my PC is not going to be able to handel the game, i just dont have the money to put into upgrading, so wont quite a few people i know.

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by zanfire

it doesnt matter what system FF14 comes to, if its anything like FFXI the immature and annoying players (who exist on EVERY console and PC) will weed themselves out once they realize its not worth all the time and money to just piss people off. I mean look at FFXI, its one of the best communitys in game and its the only cross platform MMO.
    im personaly going to play it on console (my ps3) first becuase i can garuntee my PC is not going to be able to handel the game, i just dont have the money to put into upgrading, so wont quite a few people i know.

I was going to get it for PC first then PS3 later but I'm not sure now.  Like a friend mention probably get it on PS3 first and get if for PC via download.  Either way I'm getting this game.

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

See, I disagree on the reason why it has the best community. I feel it's the best simply because through strategic system design, they force player interaction, thus forcing people to constantly evolve with their character.

For example: It's one thing to accidently kill yourself because you're a dummy, but if you kill other people consistantly, only a true jerk would consistantly let a group of people down through foolishness before learning how to fix their ways. You only have to use a -GA spell and link a whole room of cave-berries once before you never do it again.

FFXI forced that interaction from the auction house to drops to grouping to mission and quest design. They could have done a bit better job on the group system to facilitate it more, but for the most part, the game design and overall system design just garner a more intelligent and community-oriented player, not that it attracts them - the game changes people that aren't typically community oriented into people that are.

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

If it's on 360 or not, I really hope SE takes the time to properly code FFXIV for the PS3. The PS3 can do SO much more than most game developers are currently doing, and if FFXIV takes advantage of that, it will stand the test of time. Where if it just ports a PC-based code, it won't look as good and certainly wont perform as well.

Originally posted by Valendros

See, I disagree on the reason why it has the best community. I feel it's the best simply because through strategic system design, they force player interaction, thus forcing people to constantly evolve with their character.

For example: It's one thing to accidently kill yourself because you're a dummy, but if you kill other people consistantly, only a true jerk would consistantly let a group of people down through foolishness before learning how to fix their ways. You only have to use a -GA spell and link a whole room of cave-berries once before you never do it again.

FFXI forced that interaction from the auction house to drops to grouping to mission and quest design. They could have done a bit better job on the group system to facilitate it more, but for the most part, the game design and overall system design just garner a more intelligent and community-oriented player, not that it attracts them - the game changes people that aren't typically community oriented into people that are.

what your saying is very true about why its one of the best communitys, i was just saying why the inital chunk of the xbox live annoyence crowd left becuase of the difficulty, so what your saying is really giving the other point i didnt put in.

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314
    Originally posted by gauge2k3

Hating the xbox live community ( extreme immaturity ) has nothing to do with hating consoles.  No mention was made of consoles in general, remember it comes out on ps3 also.

I have no hate for playing MMO's on consoles. I have hate for people that think they can call a whole community "Immature". That in itself is an asinine thing to say. Is all the WoW community immature? No. Is all the LoTRO community Mature.. No. The same goes for Live and PSN. Please find some future way to troll instead of attempting to discredit a whole community because of your poor experiences or views.

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

People hate the consoles because you are a "trigger happy WoW player".

Assumption rules!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by yaku3

Relly i kind of hate the idea i mean come on. now microsoft has snatched both tekken and final fantasy from ps3 users. I wouldnt mind if they GAVE SOMETHING BACK! I mean come on is it so hard to maybe port over fable? or gears of war? maybe mass effect 2?

microsoft didn't sntach anything from playstation. sony was goin bankrupt and microsoft bailed them out and gettin 6 of there top selling titles was part of that deal. microsoft is also getting metal gear and god of war along with a couple others.

CRIP

Originally posted by illanadan

Originally posted by gauge2k3

I have no hate for playing MMO's on consoles. I have hate for people that think they can call a whole community "Immature". That in itself is an asinine thing to say. Is all the WoW community immature? No. Is all the LoTRO community Mature.. No. The same goes for Live and PSN. Please find some future way to troll instead of attempting to discredit a whole community because of your poor experiences or views.

thank you thats what im saying.  couldn't of said it any better.

CRIP

• zeekthegeekzeekthegeek Member Posts: 16

You absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. Sony has never been going bankrupt, and Microsoft would certainly never get a FIRST PARTY title like God of War :P That game is literally made by sony just for sony.

Originally posted by zeekthegeek

You absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. Sony has never been going bankrupt, and Microsoft would certainly never get a FIRST PARTY title like God of War :P That game is literally made by sony just for sony.

they defnitly wont get god of war, and to get games like metal gear and such was alot more of a bussiness dession. especially at the times sony's consle was doing very poorly becuase of the huge price and lack of exclusives (party due to the difficulty companys had with making and porting games to it at the time) it was only smart to put their titles on both. You see that alot now and i can garuntee we will see some games ment for just Xbox start going multiplat. These days you just cant make as much on one console or the other.

SOny was never bankrupt, they have more then just consoles (tvs,PCs,MP3 players..ect) but for a while they were loosing massive amounts of money becuase of the PS3 (of course the stupid move of the overpriced PSPgo isnt helping) though they seem to be back to making some money largely due to more exclusives and a MUCH cheaper SKU.

• zeekthegeekzeekthegeek Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by zeekthegeek You absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. Sony has never been going bankrupt, and Microsoft would certainly never get a FIRST PARTY title like God of War :P That game is literally made by sony just for sony.
    they defnitly wont get god of war, and to get games like metal gear and such was alot more of a bussiness dession. especially at the times sony's consle was doing very poorly becuase of the huge price and lack of exclusives (party due to the difficulty companys had with making and porting games to it at the time) it was only smart to put their titles on both. You see that alot now and i can garuntee we will see some games ment for just Xbox start going multiplat. These days you just cant make as much on one console or the other.
    SOny was never bankrupt, they have more then just consoles (tvs,PCs,MP3 players..ect) but for a while they were loosing massive amounts of money becuase of the PS3 (of course the stupid move of the overpriced PSPgo isnt helping) though they seem to be back to making some money largely due to more exclusives and a MUCH cheaper SKU.

Absolutely. Good examples of 360 games that went to PS3: Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and Dead Rising 2.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by yaku3

microsoft didn't sntach anything from playstation. sony was goin bankrupt and microsoft bailed them out and gettin 6 of there top selling titles was part of that deal. microsoft is also getting metal gear and god of war along with a couple others.

Its always nice to see someone living in La La Land. Keep it up.

sorry to tell you but yes they are getting god of war, metal gear solid, tekken was also part of the agreement. you'll see by the end of next year. sorry to crush you sony fans dreams haha

CRIP

Absolutely. Good examples of 360 games that went to PS3: Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and Dead Rising 2.

i have no problem with games goin multiformat just wish they where all cross system compatible like ffxi lol. open the gaming comunities up and unite

CRIP

sorry to tell you but yes they are getting god of war, metal gear solid, tekken was also part of the agreement. you'll see by the end of next year. sorry to crush you sony fans dreams haha

no sorry to bust your bubble but it never, ever will, like mario and zelda will never go to sony or xbox, God of war is an inhouse title (aka Sony computer entertainment) made the title so they solely own the game, same with mario, nintendo made mario and they own it for just themselves.

• VolomonVolomon Member Posts: 10

I just got three things to add.

1. Computers that play games do not need to cost 6k, I tried to find the post but really couldn't find it again.  Especially to equal an Xbox360 the graphics card in a 360 is a 500Mhz processor the thing was old when the system first came out.  Now your talking about almost a decade old processor.  If anyone has a hard time affording a computer to equal a Xbox360 it's because the parts would be hard to find even on ebay.  Could easily put together a comp just barely over $300 that surpasses the Xbox360 and plays most PC games.

2. Everyone needs to stop responding to the Xbox360 guys trying to say Sony works for them all of a sudden.  First off MS wants Sony games as much as Sony wants Xbox360 games, not at all.