Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey there all Computer Company

Hello everyone,i have been thinking lately and i have been playing games for a very long time. (my whole life), and i see most people have a hardtime keeping up in the Computer Gaming World (CGW). i have been thinking about Starting a business,like alienware,iBUYPOWER and other Companys that make Gaming Systems. i was mostly wanting some more advice from the Gaming World on what i should call my company,

Our goal:

Is to bring you gaming Computers based on your budget

that are good and stable running systems,all of our computers will be built from the ground up for you. so please take you time and give me and my team some advice?

Please as soon as you guys help me,the sooner i can get it started

i thank you all for your time reading this

Names i have came up with so far:

Tainted Computers

Team Kira Systems (TKS)

Kira Systems

My favorite one's are TKS and kira systems?

Any advice and help would be wonderful

Kira kills slowly

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

TKS is probably the best name out of those.  Be prepared to spend a lot of money initially.  Getting into custom computing is not easy and you have to make yourself distinct from other companies.  The real hurdle is gaining enough cred to sell enough inventory.

I would suggest selling gaming rigs with at most 20% profit margins, and give excellent customer support.  I would probably hire an outside company to handle my support.  Also it wouldn't be nice to go out of business in a year.  Or I would offer custom gaming rigs.  Not just a computer case with paint, but actual custom made cases using a workshop.  You can charge a huge premium on those 1 off machines.

• TkkiraTkkira Member Posts: 8

Hello,thanks for the advice i think i will go with Team kira systems (TKS). i thank you for your support. also you seem to know alot about this have you tried doing at one point of time? cleffy i'm sorry if i spelled it wrong

Kira kills slowly

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

It's going to take alot of work. I've had the idea before, but then I started researching it. You're going to have to develop ALOT of connections and get parts under wholesale to make a decent profit. Simply having a wholeseller license from newegg isn't going to do it, which means you're going to have to contact the companies directly and get contracts with them. Even with a newegg wholeseller license, you're looking at $300 profit off a $3000 machine after it's all said and done. 10% isn't bad, but that doesn't include the work involved and the shipping. Not to mention, you're going to have to advertise so that takes part of that $300 away, google isn't cheap. You're going to have to run customer service, which adds in more time spent if you're a small company and really you're left with a very minor profit for the work that goes into the actual building of the machine. If you've spent ANY time building high end machines, then you know that the work involved is quite different than if you were trying to build a lower end machine. 

Now, not only do you have a minor profit. You're going to have to compete with other builders. I forget the name of the company, but there is one that was featured in PC Gamer or PC Something Magazine, who actually is able to build top-end systems CHEAPER than you could build them yourself.... which is pretty crazy. (the rigs that are $3000 and up) Not only are you going to have to compete with builders like that, you're going to have to compete with the big dogs like Alienware/Dell, who sell more rigs by themselves, than all the independant builders sell combined.

That is, if you're looking at doing an online business. If you're going to be doing it locally, that's a different story entirely. I don't mean to be a bummer, but I was pretty bummed myself. I have done some pretty serious research into it, as far as contacting a few of the part manufacturers myself. It's going to be ALOT more work than it sounds (and it's worth IMHO). But, if you're headstrong about it, I wish you the best of luck! :) It can be done, but you're probably going to be taking losses for quite a while until you can get ahead somehow or get some pretty serious investors involved.

thank you also Thehatter,i will be doing it online . and yes i know that i will be taking losing at 1st, but i'm a headstrong person, plus i have alot of support behind me so i'm going to make a run at it. i thank you all if you wish to help i would love to have your support as well. i am saving money up to start and i will be working so i can keep money going toward it.

Kira kills slowly

Good, just keep your head up and remember my favorite quote.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

As a life long entrepreneur, still looking for his niche, that quote helps me out alot.

Saving money helps, but don't lose your ass.

To do it properly, (from what I figured) I would have needed a $50,000 - $100,000 initial investment. It really seems like alot for a small business like that, but when you start getting into things like Ads (no ads, no hits, no sales) and a small stock of parts... it's probably not even enough to make the money back. I have an acquaintance who just bought banner space for a month at Curse.com for $10,000 last.... month? in September? Something like that, idk I missed it. But, I didn't even realize simple banner ads cost that much.

Wow that is alot,but i figured that it would be over 50k. so not a big suprise.Well then Thehatter if they is anyway you have any messagers or anything so i could keep in touch i could use your advice along the way if you was willing to todo this for me?

Kira kills slowly

Originally posted by Tkkira

Wow that is alot,but i figured that it would be over 50k. so not a big suprise.Well then Thehatter if they is anyway you have any messagers or anything so i could keep in touch i could use your advice along the way if you was willing to todo this for me?

I really don't have much more advice to give you, tbh. You really just have to do the research on your own, it's a lot of reading and I'm no expert. Research is just the first small step into a big leap and that's all I've really done. I actually start on my Business Minor next semester. From what I've heard, my school has some really good small business classes. I still won't be an expert, but at least I'll know something about something, other than computers. lol (Computer Science is my major)

Most of the stuff I found, was just by googling different things (probably hundreds), some were actual government sites, others were just random reputable sites. I suggest with starting your research at "Incorporated", that way if you do lose your ass...... it's not really YOUR ass that you lose.

You can also start trying to sell through places like eBay or Amazon (not really familiar with Amazon AT ALL) to try and sell a few products first. But, the problem there is that you're going to actually need the system built before you ever list it and you're taking the chance that you'll be able to push the system out with a profit, before it gets outdated. But, considering some of the alternatives, that actually may be cheaper than buying up ad space, just to get no hits. Like me, I run Ad Blocker Plus, I don't see ads. lol

Well thanks alot, i'm going to have to work alot hard then recently expected but o-well. i will just have to put more time and more effort into it,if you ever feel like helping me out then feel free to ask me

Kira kills slowly

We have had a Sudden name Crisis, We have came up with to new names that we really really like and we need your guys help deciding witch to go with!

Kira gaming Systems (2 votes on it)

Black Iron Computers (everyone really likts it thou)

Kira kills slowly

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

BIC will get you in trouble.

i thought about that...we will have to figure out a diffrent, Abravation for that and i'm sorry for my Bad Grammer

Kira kills slowly

We have came up with a name for the company is it Kira Gaming Systems (KGS)

thank you for helping us decide

Also our 1st line of computer my possibly be out on ebay and amazon around january

Kira kills slowly