Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Subscriber

ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

I may be buying/subscribing (FE is on sale on Steam for $25) but have a concern. Namely, what is there exactly to do? I'm not a huge crafter, and never will be. I understand you can change factions and stuff, but I don't see this game having the high-player count faction vs. faction battles the likes in WoW or EVE Online. What is there exactly for me to do in the world as I progress?

Comments

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

well fe is almost a sandbox but not a full sandbox

.if its 25$ for it u should still get teh 30 days free with it also. if u dont like crafting dont think u will like fe right now mainly cause 99% of the items ingame are player made. mainly rightnow u do quests. later u choose a faction then their faction warfare. games only been out almost 3 months so if i was u  i would wait till they add more stuff that might interest u. but defeinly keep the game inmind to try later. look around on this forum there a reply witth some good points u might want to read that i made on fe

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

I would like to know this myself. Thinking about trying it because of the Steam Deal.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by sidfu

well fe is almost a sandbox but not a full sandbox
    .if its 25$ for it u should still get teh 30 days free with it also. if u dont like crafting dont think u will like fe right now mainly cause 99% of the items ingame are player made. mainly rightnow u do quests. later u choose a faction then their faction warfare. games only been out almost 3 months so if i was u  i would wait till they add more stuff that might interest u. but defeinly keep the game inmind to try later. look around on this forum there a reply witth some good points u might want to read that i made on fe

From all the things I read, it looks like you're right. All it is atm is faction warfare and crafting. I can do much more fun faction warfare in STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and crafting in EVE (again though, I don't enjoy it.)

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Also check out the main FE forums as well. $25 is a good deal.