Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Dominion Trailer Released, Site Launched

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

CCP Games has announced that the site for their upcoming Dominion expansion to EVE Online has been launched! Previously, the site was merely a teasing splash page but it now contains a number of new sections, including a feature page that has cataloged all the devblogs on the expansion's numerous new features all in one convenient spot for your perusal.

Speaking of features, below are a number of features you can expect from Dominion, which is set to release on December 1st:

Sovereignty Evolves

The system of territorial control in EVE advances, providing more tactical, capture-based gameplay. Alliances both large and small will find more opportunities within their grasp and an engaging conquest system in place to seize them. Rulers will now have to actively defend space they have claimed.

New Doomsday Devices and Capital Ship Changes

The rebuilt Doomsday Devices lead the pack of several changes to capital ships, bringing the need for new strategies to the wreck-strewn battlefields of capital ship combat.

Exploration and Advanced PVP Tutorials

New introductions to two of EVE’s most popular areas of gameplay: ship combat and discovery. The exploration tutorial teaches how to probe space for anomalies, hostile ships and hidden asteroid belts. In the advanced PvP tutorial, new pilots can learn the basics safely... well, relatively safely.

Pirate Faction Epic Arc Missions

Choose to ally with the underworld of New Eden as the first of many pirate epic arcs arrive. Hidden deep within the most dangerous regions of space, these agents provide significant rewards for the bold and the villainous.

Full Featured In-Game Browser

Fully compliant with current industry browsers, including support for the many ‘EVE-enabled’ sites created by the community.

In addition to the launch of the Dominion website today, a new trailer has also been released, which you can view here.

Comments

• EttirxaEttirxa Member Posts: 93

trailer is awesome

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

With the addition of Procedual generation for planets I can see CCP moving into new territory. I cannot wait for planetary interaction.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Hell.......

I told the wife I would give up Eve for a couple months.

Guess me and the sofa with be good friends come December.

*Sci-fi nerd rage on*

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! Eve is the best mmo ever created Wtf! is wrong with all the other developers that release shit over and over!

I couldn't be happier If I was stuck in a Minmatar zero G pleasure module with a Gallentean hooker.

*Sci-fi nerd rage off *

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Ettirxa

trailer is awesome

It does *look* great.  Everything about this game visually appeals to the sci-fi nerd in me... to bad it is so mind-numbingly boring to actually play it. :/

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by Salvatoris

trailer is awesome

It does *look* great.  Everything about this game visually appeals to the sci-fi nerd in me... to bad it is so mind-numbingly boring to actually play it. :/

Thats how I feel too :(

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by kikinchaz

trailer is awesome

All games should be so mind-numbingly boring.

Damn you blizzard and your solo quest grind! You stole all the excitement.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by qazyman

Originally posted by kikinchaz

trailer is awesome

All games should be so mind-numbingly boring.

Damn you blizzard and your solo quest grind! You stole all the excitement.

remove the UI and activate advanced camera movement and you get PRETTY CLOSE! to that video.

its boring if you are solo. its boring if you do only high sec mining. but when you start getting into low sec/nul sec 500 pilots at war would look like that. the problem is that if you blink you might loose your ship so removing the UI is only for those who are recording video.

in fact im pretty sure that this video has actualyl already hapened at some point in eve. a defending fleet, an attacking fleet. attacking fleet retreates (to backtup) then the defending fleet goes after them against the commander's orders and get outnumbered.  and in the meanwhile you got the russians taking over a system behind their back... yeah that can actually happen.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

*sigh* so pretty /= If only the game were actually like that.

Not featured in the video

- The hours of prep time

- The weeks/months of grinding isk to support the amount of personal ship losses for that kind of battle

- You, getting popped and knocked out of the battle in the first 5 minutes

- Whiny screaming commander of your megacorp over Vent

- Mind blowing lag with that many ships in one cluster

- The usual "blob" formation tightly packed around the gate

or if you're not part of one of the major alliances

- You mining roids/mission grinding and fleeing from pirate gangs day after day. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Kordesh

*sigh* so pretty /= If only the game were actually like that.
    Not featured in the video
    - The hours of prep time
    - The weeks/months of grinding isk to support the amount of personal ship losses for that kind of battle
    - You, getting popped and knocked out of the battle in the first 5 minutes
    - Whiny screaming commander of your megacorp over Vent
    - Mind blowing lag with that many ships in one cluster
    - The usual "blob" formation tightly packed around the gate
    or if you're not part of one of the major alliances
    - You mining roids/mission grinding and fleeing from pirate gangs day after day. 

The point is that still it depicts what would or could happen in a battle in 0.0 no matter what they missed out or added in. Now stop nitpicking and enjoy the vid for what is is.

ROLL ON PLANETARY INTERACTION info please, I want to get excited about something I will actually have more of a hand in.

This is not a game.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Cool trailer.  As with all trailers they show a more interesting game than what is actually going on the majority of the time for an average player.

• AdreuAdreu Member UncommonPosts: 33

Fantastic Trailer!  Excellent Editing...bravo CCP.

• KtarzusKtarzus Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Hell.......
    I told the wife I would give up Eve for a couple months.
    Guess me and the sofa with be good friends come December.

*Sci-fi nerd rage on*
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! Eve is the best mmo ever created Wtf! is wrong with all the other developers that release shit over and over!
    I couldn't be happier If I was stuck in a Minmatar zero G pleasure module with a Gallentean hooker.
    *Sci-fi nerd rage off *

Couch hell, situations like these are made for the guest room!

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

Just finished training capital ships lvl 5 60 days, now i only have safe money 4 bil for titan skill, which one should i take As i am galente.

KK

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

The Trailer is nice, CCP has been learning to twist reality from its Themepark Competition and it shows.

Because in reality, combat is nothing like you see in the trailer except the voice communications "this system is ours"...!!

And that I what turns me off EVE every time...I get bored playing it because anything you want to accomplish takes time and more time and only time...and in tim you may get a better ship and fit it with some good modules and then you may lose it within the time of saying time.

There is no tactical aspect to combat in EVE, no matter how you put it the combat result was decided before the combat started, because it all depends on what you do before combat starts, have the right ship with the right modules and the right skills for the right price and the appropriate amount of time (again that term) to get all these factors together within your grand strategy of success.

If only EVE had a Tactical combat system where maneuvers in combat actually meant something. It doe snot have to be a twitch game with a joystick, but at least make it so that the player's skill and experience, smarts, cunning, determination or bravery can make a difference, and the result is not always posted somewhere in a Spreadsheet, all predetermined and pre-calculated in advance.

While I know Cryptic's STO will not even approach the level of Depth EVE can have it is still becoming a choice for me because its combat will be tactical in nature, and that is really more fun.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard