Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If TOR is not...

...good.

How will you react?

I believe the last one I posted may have been a bit over the top.

Sorry. ^^

Playing: World Of Warcraft
Resting From: Nothing
Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

Comments

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

TOR will be good, so this thread is null.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by mrroboto40

There will always be room for failure, even if it looks amazing.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I'll give it the first month to get better then move on.  *shrug*

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

A  'meh' will suffice.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Beermangler

A  'meh' will suffice.

I concur. It's not Star Wars to me, so it wil just be another failed SF-ish MMO.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

/ told you so -dance

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

If it isn't good in my opinion, that most likely means they catered to the casual player.  Which means I will spend the months after quitting watching in anticipation for it's collapse.  If it is a glaring success even after catering to casuals, future MMOs will be doomed as they'll follow the model.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

With the last two classes announced what bothers me is that most of the classes are either Jedi or Sith and limited to only about 8 Classes. Reminds me of another SW MMO that Now has a limited number of classes.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Ibluerate

Originally posted by mrroboto40

There will always be room for failure, even if it looks amazing.

True, there is a chance the game will fail (and this really depends on your idea of failure).

If the game fails to appeal to me I will watch its progress from time to time to see if it has introduced anything to get me as a subscriber.

If the game fails financially and is fun to me, I'll play it till it dies.

If the game is a failure in both I'll just find another game.

Originally posted by JestorRodo

With the last two classes announced what bothers me is that most of the classes are either Jedi or Sith and limited to only about 8 Classes. Reminds me of another SW MMO that Now has a limited number of classes.

The difference is SWG was not meant to be built around that type of game play. ToR is a fresh SW MMO that will be built from the ground up to support what it truly is, themepark. This is why I'm not trying to make a connection. Now if SWG was meant to be what it is today, then my opinion would probably be different.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

If it is not good, then I won't buy it.  I won't buy it if it uses the tired DPS-Tank-Healer combat mechanic either (even if tanks and healers can be those npc buddies you get) -- I'm tired of that.  As such I am slightly worried by the new Jedi class, but since the Sith don't seem to have an equivalent, I am hopeful that it doesn't mean much.

That said, I'm confident that Bioware can design a game that is fun to play, and they have also indicated they want a different combat system.  Since Bioware doesn't usually announce things and then change its mind, I'm pretty confident about TOR. 

Originally posted by Drachasor

If it is not good, then I won't buy it.  I won't buy it if it uses the tired DPS-Tank-Healer combat mechanic either (even if tanks and healers can be those npc buddies you get) -- I'm tired of that.  As such I am slightly worried by the new Jedi class, but since the Sith don't seem to have an equivalent, I am hopeful that it doesn't mean much.
    That said, I'm confident that Bioware can design a game that is fun to play, and they have also indicated they want a different combat system.  Since Bioware doesn't usually announce things and then change its mind, I'm pretty confident about TOR. 

After a lot of thinking. I'm fairly sure the JC healer path will be nothing more then low dps, high survivability and great CC.  Basically one hell of a support class, one where you can be a great teammate with healing aside. I don't know what BioWare has planned, but I'm almost certain now that this game wont follow the holy trinity. SI seems like a pure ranged nuker, I don't see the possibility of him healing.  BioWare said these two will have some lightsaber use, but most of the those goods will go to the SW and JK.

I don't really have a problem with the holy trinity system, I would like to see something new though.

• Xyfire1Xyfire1 Member Posts: 128

I will have to reinitialize my hibernation phase until GW2 releases. It better be good... When I get home I have nothing to do!

..So i try not to be home

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

I will sneak in BW studios in Austin, TX and shat on their ping pong table in the break room...

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Zarynterk

I will sneak in BW studios in Austin, TX and shat on their ping pong table in the break room...

I will break your neck in three different places.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

I knew you bastards were playing ping pong! get back to work and finish my game!

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

The IP is completely mute to me now. SWG aside, the "final" three films were terrible. The kids movie was atrocious. I never really watched the animated episodes because at that point I was fed up. I just dont get where this whole thing went wrong. In terms of SWG it is well documented, but the output of LA in terms of Star Wars in the last ten years has been really bad.

At this point, if the game is bad, it's just another bad game. There are plenty of games out there that people play, but are not to my taste. WhateverTheTOR might be the same to me...for once...I am ready to look beyond the childhood addiction and judge the game on it's own merit.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712

That all depends on the context of why it's not good.

If it's due to bugs, lag, client-stability issues... then I might give it a few months to see if those problems get resolved.

If it's due to lack of content and/or incomplete feature sets... again, I might give it a few months to see if those problems get addressed/resolved.

However, if it's due to a fundamental/underlying design philosophy, treatment of the IP/lore, or business model I find disagreeable or intolerable... then I'll write the game off as a disappointment and cut my losses.