Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lockdown 2012 - Beta coming December 2009

BroGamingPageBroGamingPage Member UncommonPosts: 492

Hey Guys,

I'm going to post this thread in a few mmorpg forums that I'm active on. I'm not very active on Onrpg but I hope it's ok that I post about a project me and my brother are working on. I can't give out too much information but I'll give you some information in hopes that you'll sign up for Closed Beta.

We are going to advertise like crazy. Something like Evony. I just feel like taking a first step into the advertising list and wanted to go ahead and post about the game in some forums. This way we can at least get some people to sign up for the Closed Beta Testing. What better forum to start in than the MMORPG forums right?

Storyline, Advertising, Quest lines, and all the goodies that come a long with a text based game are being implemented into Lockdown 2012. Except we are adding ideas that are normally implemented into 3d mmorpg's into this 2d text based game! It's time to get professional. We currently have 2 real good friends helping us. My brother is great in Python, php, and graphics and he's doing the main stuff. I'll be doing some graphics, promoting, and doing the main quest lines / story lines / and mobs. 80% of the information in the game is coming from me. Well, 80% is too much but it's a good bit.

What to expect:

[*]Some 3d models!

[*]Very intense quest lines!

[*]Lots of pvp!

[*]Very cool features in the game!

[*]No Boring Grind!

[*]Factions and Outpost battles!

You can expect a Sci-Fi / New Technology / Fantasy type theme to the game.

I'm not going to go into details and tell you everything about the game. We've been working on it a few months and Closed Beta is set to open Mid December to Q1 2010. This is NOT a graphics type of game. Sure it will have some visually stunning parts to it. However; If you want a graphical game like AdventureQuest,Runecape, or even a real 3d mmorpg, you won't find it here. You can say this will sort of be in the lines of a Duels type of game. I'm not sure if some of you are familiar with Duels or not. It will be sort of similar. Except with a different theme and many different ideas. The only reason I say Duels is for layout reasons.

We've played just about every mmorpg out on the market since Asheron's Call. Our goal is to make a text based game that is more like a real 3d mmorpg, but text based. Basically. Eventually, you'll see that we are doing many things most text based games do not do to their games. I'm excited about the live chat feature myself and that's just something real small, lol. Some of those won't be seen in beta nor will they be released until an Expansion or 2 down the road. However; we have many ideas in store that will make this Text Based game unique and fun.

The game is basically set in 2012 and it's about certain characters that survive the 2012 Catastrophy. It's the Aftermath and you have to help rebuild. With new technology, you'll face lots of obstacles in your way and you're basically at war with other factions in the game. Or, you can fly solo which has it's certain rewards for doing so, later on down the road. Anyways, I haven't given any real information away but I hope you'll sign up for Closed Beta. You'll get an invitation by e-mail once we are ready to start inviting for closed beta.

I use to play Outwar back in the day and collegewars and all of them text based games. Even have gotten a character pretty high on Adventurequest and Duels. Our goal here is to create a game that makes you feel as if you're in the game. Makes you feel like you're finally playing a fresh game. Also, I don't like Omerta because it doesn't have enough graphics. My goal is to have a decent amount of graphics on the game to at least give it a good visual feeling as well as a high fun factor.

Get into a Text Based game that means something. Get into a Text Based Game that's fresh. Get into a rare text based game that's Free To Play with an option to spend money for things that players can earn. Fight in huge pvp battles. You the players control the game. Be the best and have fun.

If you want anymore information or are interested in helping please contact me at [email protected] which is my personal e-mail. It's by far the quickest way to contact me.

http://www.lockdown2012.com

Have a good work week!