Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to the game- what is this game like?

So I am currently downloading the game and I want some info on what this game is all about. First off, dragons. what relationship do the dragons have with the other none dragon players? what are the perks to being a none dragon?

what is the point of being a dragon?  what is the point of being a none-dragpm?

just tell me what this game is all about!

Comments

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Well looking at the (C) 2007 and "Runs great on intel Pentium 4" logo, i dont need to know more :P

But i am gonna give it a try :P

The other 50 MMO's i tried looked beter and played crap anyways :P

Nice to see a good number of payment option's and not only CC.

Looks like the same setup Funcom uses for Anarchy Online.

• I really enjoyed the game back in the day, but for some reason I only played to level 30 or so, I didn't have adsl then only isdn so that might have something to do with it. I was suprised to see the game still alive, I wish I noticed before, gonna download the game and see if my old account is still around, can't wait! 

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

Well i'm almost to level 10  so take my words with a pinch of salt.

Istaria has a lot of focus on social and crafting, working together one way or another. The pve is pretty hard to solo (I'm a newbie mage though... i heard cleric is the way to go for a while)

But then it's a group friendly game, it's good to find some friends to level with :)

Very old-school feel still, the way you have to actually read and understand quests and missions, but with the option to go and do whatever you wish. I loved the tutorial island, hearing about the battles really got me into the storyline.  Combat reminds me of FFXI though... just needs to be sped up a bit (and some proper animations =p)  But that's nothing too serious.

on the relationship between bipeds and dragons, i've not really experienced enough interaction, though I (human) get along well with the smaller hatchlings :)

It's a very vibrant game from a characterisation standpoint.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Do many people play it? Last time I logged in a week or two ago, there were only like 75 people in chat total from all channels.

• I play it from time to time, I wish more people where on, because its a really good game. 

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Originally posted by Panther2103

Do many people play it? Last time I logged in a week or two ago, there were only like 75 people in chat total from all channels.

75 is a lot if you actually try to get to know them :)

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

Well I have just started playing (only 7 Cleric/5 Scholar ATM) but I am loving it so far. Not sure about he community yet as I haven't had any interactions with them. But i do see a lot of people gathering around in towns and just talking. The solo ability up to this point has been fun but then again I am only lvl 7 :)

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone