Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They need to make this game linear.

VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

The problem is there isn't enough players anymore to populate more than one Island at a time. I'm always struggling to find big battles and after 3 days of playing the trial there hasn't been a single one. All just medium sized battles and most of the time they're over in mins cause theres never any fun stalemates.

What they need to do is is make the game linear so all 3 factions have all their players on the same Island at the same time. I mean the game is only fun when theres loads of players and there seems to be less and less everytime I try it again.

The main problems I hear to why people have quit are SOE don't support it, lack of big battles and hackers. Seen so many hackers when I was playing tonight it's crazy and SOE arn't doing anything about them.

Comments

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by Varny

The problem is there isn't enough players anymore to populate more than one Island at a time. I'm always struggling to find big battles and after 3 days of playing the trial there hasn't been a single one. All just medium sized battles and most of the time they're over in mins cause theres never any fun stalemates.

What they need to do is is make the game linear so all 3 factions have all their players on the same Island at the same time. I mean the game is only fun when theres loads of players and there seems to be less and less everytime I try it again.

The main problems I hear to why people have quit are SOE don't support it, lack of big battles and hackers. Seen so many hackers when I was playing tonight it's crazy and SOE arn't doing anything about them.

What they (being SoE) need to do is not abandon their games and leave them to wither.  Planetside 2 is supposidly in the works, but giving their track record assume for either an unplayable, bugged mess or a stable, fun environment that will either be butchered to fit a more "suitable' model or left to slowly bleed due to lack of updates, hacker management and game breaking technical issues.

It still doesn't change that I love this game and still get excited at the thought of PS2, but looking at it realistically it's not likely to happen.  They have such potential to be major players in the market with their titles if they actually gave a damn about their products.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Last night in Prime time a guy goes "the zerg is over at that base" and there was like 30 people there. Also the populations were like 33% for each faction and yet only the NC And VS were in a battle. I dunno where the TR were but they wern't fighting. It's like where is everyone? The population wasn't this low even just a few months ago.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Angorim

What they (being SoE) need to do is not abandon their games and leave them to wither.  Planetside 2 is supposidly in the works, but giving their track record assume for either an unplayable, bugged mess or a stable, fun environment that will either be butchered to fit a more "suitable' model or left to slowly bleed due to lack of updates, hacker management and game breaking technical issues.

It still doesn't change that I love this game and still get excited at the thought of PS2, but looking at it realistically it's not likely to happen.  They have such potential to be major players in the market with their titles if they actually gave a damn about their products.

PS2 will be with a cash shop and monthly fee. count on it. You will pay a monthly fee to play then a cash shop with cooler armor, cooler weaposna nd some cool vehicles. Its SOE, they know about the glory of cash shops and they have no ethics or morale what so ever. Second an FPS MMO with different equipment... Perfect genre for an equipment cash shop. Trust me on this. I loved Planetside. But its SOE, I can see where this is heading in advance.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Last night in Prime time a guy goes "the zerg is over at that base" and there was like 30 people there. Also the populations were like 33% for each faction and yet only the NC And VS were in a battle. I dunno where the TR were but they wern't fighting. It's like where is everyone? The population wasn't this low even just a few months ago.

I played Planetside for 3 years but left because of low population, then i went back several months ago to see how it was with server merges. Populations were up from when i left but the hackers were definately running rampid. I actualy even bumped into one of my old outfit buddies that started a new outfit. I ran with him and his buddies for a few days, but their game style had changed to a more stealth playstyle instead of muscling in with armor and air support and max units running in or doing generator holds for our faction.

It seems that "running armor" and "Gal Dropps" are almost non existant, instead people stealth drop 5 with that newer invis flying transport. Long gone are the days of an army marching on a base and sweeping or defending like the old days (atleast from what i saw). By far tho, the Haxzors are the biggest heart break for me. Friggin flying 4 wheelers that you cant hit but they can hit you. Tanks that warp out of sight when you shoot a missile at them .. then pop up behind you and run you over.

I want my Planetside back and only hope that the Planetside 2 will repair thier mistakes or lack of effort to do so.

Work hard Play Harder