Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think SOE ever sees our post ?

If I were working for SOE marketing I would be reading mmorpg all the time.

I think that only about 5% of the mmo population reads forums, but mmorpg.com is probably the most popular along with gamespot.com.  And if so you think they would catch some clues as to how to fix this game, unless they don't care.

My guess :

The marketing people read these forums, but the high level managers will not let them spend any money.  Like how many of you people have jobs where you give your boss good ideas and they just blow you off ?

Comments

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

They never cared. They dont care and they wont care in future aswell. Thats a fact.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

A very small percentage of gamers use this site. I would guess most game companies that actually care about their subscribers thoughts  would stick to the official forums of said game.  Having said that, most players of a given game dont hang out on the official forums either, they are playing the game.  People who come here and bitch and moan for the most part dont even play the game they are bitching about if any game at all.  This is a place to come and hype, whine and troll, nothing more.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Marketing and sales people should, I'm not talking about devs, but marketing. I'm sure that game marketers are probably Internet junkies and should know about all the sites for their job.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Stop hyping, pa! I doubt anyone from SOE gets paid to look here and the devs already believe they know what's is best in the first place. We are at a time in gaming where people only listen to their own internal dialog (ivory tower yay!) or what marking tells them. The gaming industry is just that now, an idustry. It means the people in charge care about one thing, profit...

Hay Irishoak,

What ? ........ I dont get it !

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

This is a small, hateful coner of the gaming universe. SOE hate is espicially prevenlent on this site, so if you were a high lvl SOE exec, would you take much that comes from these forums at face value? If someone said SOE came up with the idea of Water, people would be posting all over the forums about how water is crap and they can't believe $OE expects people to drink tasteless, lifegiving water.

Originally posted by page

Hay Irishoak,

I was talking to pa, about the hype. Busting balls. I'm saying devs don't care, the industry has zero reason to listen to you in their minds. Much less on a third party forum.

Originally posted by hayes303

This is a small, hateful coner of the gaming universe. SOE hate is espicially prevenlent on this site, so if you were a high lvl SOE exec, would you take much that comes from these forums at face value? If someone said SOE came up with the idea of Water, people would be posting all over the forums about how water is crap and they can't believe $OE expects people to drink tasteless, lifegiving water.

Actually it's pretty common on SOE forums as well. Until they remove it.

Well I would be here, reading what the people that love the game as to say, unless they just don't care or will not spend the money, I would say both !

Originally posted by Irishoak

Hay Irishoak,

I was talking to pa, about the hype. Busting balls. I'm saying devs don't care, the industry has zero reason to listen to you in their minds. Much less on a third party forum.

If by "pa" you mean me, im the troll note the hyper.

• Equinsu_OchaEquinsu_Ocha Member UncommonPosts: 112

Yeah I believe Page is the Hype here.

Edit: fixed.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?

Originally posted by grandpagamer

Originally posted by Irishoak

Hay Irishoak,

If by "pa" you mean me, im the troll note the hyper.

My bad, pa.

• sebbonxsebbonx Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by hayes303

You weren't here before this game launched then. Didn't you hear that World of Warcraft was going to lose almost all its players when Vanguard launched? EVERYONE wants to play Vanguard, and EQ1 was the bestest game ever (though they had ONLY 550,000 player at peak with NO competition).

Brad has posted here, with his blame game on why Vanguard failed, he basically blamed all the WoW hating and Vanbois hating on anyone not of the elite 16 hour a day MMO playing type to the lack of players.

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

If I were working for SOE marketing I would be reading mmorpg all the time.
    I think that only about 5% of the mmo population reads forums, but mmorpg.com is probably the most popular along with gamespot.com.  And if so you think they would catch some clues as to how to fix this game, unless they don't care.
    My guess :
    The marketing people read these forums, but the high level managers will not let them spend any money.  Like how many of you people have jobs where you give your boss good ideas and they just blow you off ?

SOE is notorious for not listening to their customer base.  You can almost go back every single year and find someone in a leadership role making promised of how they will change, have learned and will start listening to their customers better in the future.

However I don't think SOE have any real intentions putting real effort into vanguard when they got involved in the project.

SOE or any other game company would be foolish to waste resources on this site. This is at best a microcosm and more of a microcosm of WOW's Barren Chat than a sampling of anyones target audience. 

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

No! otherwise they might try fixing the lag and hitching

I don't have a lag or hitching problem. I would like them to fix the "requires 3 or more player" problem when you hit level 20,  If they would only fix this thing then I would come back now, regardless of the population problem.

BUT like everyone here says, they don't care.

Managers all have their heads up there butts. Being an executive is the only career field where you can be totally stupid, and blind to your surroundings that I know of !

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Of course they have people that read forums, they know very well what people say on the forums.  The thing is the people that post on the forums represent a very small fraction of the actual MMO population.  The vocal ones are the ones that show up on the forums, but people that post aren't always right about everything.  We've seen a lot of ridiculous things posted on mmorpg.com as well as games' official forums.  I think it's hard for them to find good information out of a bunch of junk people post & rant about everyday.

If you are talking about SOE putting money into Vanguard, that just isn't going to happen, so no matter how much you cry on the forums it won't happen unless the game somehow grows by large amounts.  SOE has lots of projects they're already spending money on, plus Vanguard really wasn't a game they made so I'm inclined to think there's a bias somewhere.  Their flagship right now is EQ2 and to them, there's no need to advertise VG when there's EQ2 with a much much larger population.

So they may read your posts, but it doesn't mean they agree or will do what you say.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I dont get SoE. So damn lazy or no interest for VG.. why dont they sell it to NcSoft or something so they can fix the graphic,classes,races, a better world (it looks a little lame) Aion is getting a big update. I hate SoE, hope they burn in hell. Vanguard could be so much better if someone else got his hands on it.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

SOE or any other game company would be foolish to waste resources on this site. This is at best a microcosm and more of a microcosm of WOW's Barren Chat than a sampling of anyones target audience. 
    While I agree, that only a small fraction of a game´s community joins its forums (5%? 10%?), there is an interesting poll on the main forums of Atlantica Online. Link
    Originally posted by Herodes

While I agree, that only a small fraction of a game´s community joins its forums (5%? 10%?), there is an interesting poll on the main forums of Atlantica Online. Link

That does surprise me.  I wonder what percentage of players that represents.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Based on the new Aion video showing upcoming enhancements, I'd say that it is obvious that at least SOME developers are paying attention to forums.  This forum in particular? Who knows.

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

A very small percentage of gamers use this site. I would guess most game companies that actually care about their subscribers thoughts  would stick to the official forums of said game.  Having said that, most players of a given game dont hang out on the official forums either, they are playing the game.  People who come here and bitch and moan for the most part dont even play the game they are bitching about if any game at all.  This is a place to come and hype, whine and troll, nothing more.

Why are you here, hype, whine or troll?

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

Originally posted by almalexius

Good catch almalexius :)

Anyway, I actually learn a lot from reading gamers post, In fact that is why I stayed clear of games like Age of Conan, Aion, and had not played Vanguard until is was fixed about 8 months ago.

I come here when i'm in between games like now.

I come here when I have the rare occasion to play an mmo all day, and stressed out from being on guard for several hours, and need to sit back.

I come here to make decisions often, like what game I would like to go back to.  Such as one I need to make now. I was ready to go back to EQ2, I was all geared up for it, but learning from mmorpg.com forums, I find that the 3.3 patch for WoW will be to my liking ( for now )

I come here to find out bata information.

I come here, to find when free months are given away. ( did you know that The Canonicals of Spellborne is completely free to play, and D&D is free but with a very laxed cash shop, that many are playing for months and not paying a dime ? ) I find this stuff here !

I come here to post my true feelings of mmo's, even if called a troll ( I don't care, its how I feel, and often I will not let an mmo get away with some of it's garbage ). I helped exposed Age of Conan when it was still in bata, Ive read many leaks about the game that it really sucked, yet some were building the game up using information only provided by Funcom.  People need to know how a game is from a players perspective, not the makers.  Do you think they would expose them selfs ?

I even made this original post because I like Vanguard so much that I'm pissed that SOE will not fix some things, advertise, and read what people have to say.

I'm proud of my post.  And I have a way of reading between the lines even from trolls. Just remember trolls are like that because they really have something on their mind, some times wrong, some times not. If their are 20 trolls on a game, maybe you should look at the game your thinking of playing, even if their just plain nasty !

Anyway, I'm off to work :)

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by almalexius

Good catch almalexius :)

Anyway, I actually learn a lot from reading gamers post, In fact that is why I stayed clear of games like Age of Conan, Aion, and had not played Vanguard until is was fixed about 8 months ago.

I come here when i'm in between games like now.

I come here when I have the rare occasion to play an mmo all day, and stressed out from being on guard for several hours, and need to sit back.

I come here to make decisions often, like what game I would like to go back to.  Such as one I need to make now. I was ready to go back to EQ2, I was all geared up for it, but learning from mmorpg.com forums, I find that the 3.3 patch for WoW will be to my liking ( for now )

I come here to find out bata information.

I come here, to find when free months are given away. ( did you know that The Canonicals of Spellborne is completely free to play, and D&D is free but with a very laxed cash shop, that many are playing for months and not paying a dime ? ) I find this stuff here !

I come here to post my true feelings of mmo's, even if called a troll ( I don't care, its how I feel, and often I will not let an mmo get away with some of it's garbage ). I helped exposed Age of Conan when it was still in bata, Ive read many leaks about the game that it really sucked, yet some were building the game up using information only provided by Funcom.  People need to know how a game is from a players perspective, not the makers.  Do you think they would expose them selfs ?

I even made this original post because I like Vanguard so much that I'm pissed that SOE will not fix some things, advertise, and read what people have to say.

I'm proud of my post.  And I have a way of reading between the lines even from trolls. Just remember trolls are like that because they really have something on their mind, some times wrong, some times not. If their are 20 trolls on a game, maybe you should look at the game your thinking of playing, even if their just plain nasty !

Anyway, I'm off to work :)

If sony would fix the hitching in Vanguard I would up for 6 months but i dont know if i want the expenditure of 300-400 to buy a SSD and theen have to pay someone to put it in and tell me how to work the darn thing along side my 7200 hd