Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bring final fantasy XIV to xbox 360

KCCR1P816KCCR1P816 Member Posts: 10

i am just trying to see how many people want ffxiv to come to the 360. if you do please say so if you dont want it to then please give a reason why.

i personally think it would be in the best interest of the compnay to bring ffxiv to 360. there are alot of 360 players that love final fantasy but dont want to have to buy a ps3 just for one game or have to go get  new computer just cause we want to play. i really hope that we can get them to release this game on the box. if not there will be millions of very disappointed ppl.

thanks for your time and feedback about this situation.

CRIP

Comments

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. I mean they did for FF12. The more systems the better. I expect tehy are planning on it and can't say til its a done-deal.

For those who are about to whine about consoles and mmos, blah blah blah, oh shaddap! play it on your PC and no worries. Unless they up and tell you, you can't tell what system the people around you are using. :-P

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Square Enix does want to release FF14 on 360 but they are having problems negotiating with Microsoft.

So, its not about people wanting it or not, Microsoft is the problem.

Microsoft is also why Champions Online for 360 hasnt been released yet.

• TeejyTeejy Member Posts: 2

Microsoft have very strict rules on what they let onto the system, as long as it is of a good standard I reckon we will see it at some point, probably a year or so after the PC release.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by KCCR1P816

i am just trying to see how many people want ffxiv to come to the 360. if you do please say so if you dont want it to then please give a reason why.

i personally think it would be in the best interest of the compnay to bring ffxiv to 360. there are alot of 360 players that love final fantasy but dont want to have to buy a ps3 just for one game or have to go get  new computer just cause we want to play. i really hope that we can get them to release this game on the box. if not there will be millions of very disappointed ppl.

thanks for your time and feedback about this situation.

My personal take is that i would rather them  spend the resources on making BETTER quality content than worry about several people making a 360 version.I highly doubt the 360 FFXI version broke even when compared to the cost of porting it to the 360,if anything it made a VERY small profit from those gamers,imo this is exactly why they have been ho hum on the idea.It is merely to give Square a good image ,but practically speaking it is not a good idea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

From what I understand they originally wanted to bring FFXIV to the Xbox 360, but they might be having second thoughts now.  If it is brought to the 360 except it to be released at a later date than the PC and PS3 versions.

The reason from what I hear is MS's policies on subscription based games.  It seems like they are taking way too much of a cut in royalties for profit to be feasible.  There are also numerous restrictions you don't have to deal with when making an online PC game.  From what I understand other games looking to break into the console (or be exclusively console games) like Champions Online are having similar issues.

I'd probably point the fingers more towards Microsoft than Square Enix.  The lack of MMOs on consoles isn't really due to there not be a large enough market share for it.  The problem is Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc.  At one point I believe MS was taking as much as a 70% royalty off any purchases of XBLA games.  Sony was about 35%.  The problem with MMOs is that most of the subscription fees goes towards various costs (bandwidth, customer service in game and out, paying staff to provide updates) and taking a huge chunk of that in royalties that was needed on upkeep of the game just won't make it very attractive to develop a MMO on a console for developers.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by spankybus
    I can't imagine why they wouldn't. I mean they did for FF12.

And, I might point out, FF11. In fact, Square-Enix's latest FFXI omnibus release ("Ultimate Collection") was put out for PC and Xbox360--but NOT the PS2. PS2 is still supported on the servers, but you can't buy it from SE any more, while Xbox360 you can.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

it will come, just wait a little longer XD

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226

I think it's coming to 360  and being released on the same date? Anyone know for sure

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Thrakk
    I think it's coming to 360  and being released on the same date? Anyone know for sure 

Sorry, but SE's official website lists only PS3 and PC.

• First of all. FF is huge, very huge. The PS3 have access to blueray disc. If it was made for Xbox360 it will use at leaste 7-8 DVD disc that you must swap all the time.

A other face is that the PS3 is more powerfull then the Xbox360, and then have to turn the technical effect in FF so it could work on a multiplatform.

And last. Xbox360 dont sell well in Japan because there is not many anime/mange based game.

I won't feel like I'm missing out if I never play this game. One of the first trailers that came out only focused on the talking/story and it was way too EMO for me. Also, the symphonic music can be a bit much in some places. A lot of the game just seems fruity. And the poppy-rnb (with singing) song they have running in this trailer is terrible.

On the plus side the graphics look good and I'm sure the world is immense. But the gameplay probably isn't much different than previous final fantasy games.

• SymanthaSymantha Member Posts: 4

Final Fantasy  XIV is going to be on xbox 360. I just read on thefinalfantasy.com that the game will be released March 9, 2010 in the United States and will be available for the Playstation 3, XBOX 360, and PC.

I hope that made you feel a little bit better =]

Originally posted by Symantha

Final Fantasy  XIV is going to be on xbox 360. I just read on thefinalfantasy.com that the game will be released March 9, 2010 in the United States and will be available for the Playstation 3, XBOX 360, and PC.

I hope that made you feel a little bit better =]

there's so many people who bought ps3 back in the day (a long time ago) just for the next final fantasy game