Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allow discussion of games under NDA.

thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Why is there no discussion allowed about games under NDA?

I can understand not allowing reference to pics or vids that are not official, but why are users not allowed to discuss the game mechanics?  It just seems that limiting discussion to only opinions while games are under nda is more detrimental than allowing users to discuss actual game mechanics and progress. 

Comments

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

Only information covered by the NDA is removed. If they permit discussion of certain mechanics or aspects of the game, it is allowed, but any breach of the NDA will be removed.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Vaygus

Only information covered by the NDA is removed. If they permit discussion of certain mechanics or aspects of the game, it is allowed, but any breach of the NDA will be removed.

I give up.  I can already see I will be heading towards a topic that has been locked into the basement .

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Imo the discussion of topics under NDA should be allowed, it crazy we cant get an honest common mans opinion and experiences from a game that the designer will be toting as a wow killer.

• rindonrindon Member Posts: 78

the reason there are no discussions about things under NDA because  when you join a closed beta you usually have to agree to the non disclosure agreement which means, shut your mouth until we tell you to speak about it.

the reason they have these is that games in beta, well, they usually are very unpolished, incomplete, bugged, etc, etc. if people were to go around talking about the closed beta and how bugged,unpolished, etc, etc it was people would lose interest and not buy the game.

it keeps dipshits from ruining a game for another person before it even comes out because its still being tested and formed into the finished game during the beta tests.

• rindonrindon Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by SonikFlash

Imo the discussion of topics under NDA should be allowed, it crazy we cant get an honest common mans opinion and experiences from a game that the designer will be toting as a wow killer.

and also, most designers say nothing about the game being a WoW killer... its idiots like most of the people who troll the forums who hype up a game and its features so much that when it gets released people have a skewed perception of what the game is really supposed to be because insttead of doing any research on the game they take the statements from someone who has not played the game off the forums.

no game will ever be a WoW killer as long as blizzard still supports the game. most people get started on WoW and if they are anything like me nothing compares to your first MMO (ultima online for me). and everything else kind of pales in comparison.

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by thinktank001

Originally posted by Vaygus

I give up.  I can already see I will be heading towards a topic that has been locked into the basement .

The thing to keep in mind is that an NDA is a non-disclosure agreement, a legal binding that goes through outlining confidential information between that developer and any third party. Most closed betas require their participants to accept and agree to the NDA. We cannot allow our users to break that agreement on MMORPG.com the same way we cannot allow any other illegal activities to be discussed.

A potential petition to the developers to loosen their potential NDAs and the restrictions within would be a more effective course of action.

This discussion has been closed.