Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would like an opinion of SWG:JTLS from someone who has been critical of SWG...

prior to it.  How is it?  Can you compare the space combat to any other game like Freelancer maybe?  I hope its not point and click combat :p  Please try and give me a comparison to another space game in terms of the overall feel of how combat works, i'd really appreciate it. 

If JTLS is any good, i'm seriously thinking about committing myself to SWG.  I always loved the idea of land and space mmorpg, just questioned the implementation of it.  Thx for any answers image

Comments

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

From the Gamespot review:

If you've been playing and enjoying (or tolerating) Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided for some time, then Jump to Lightspeed really isn't difficult to recommend. The expansion pack boasts great-looking ships and planets, it features authentic Star Wars movielike space combat sounds and music, and it basically makes the game feel much more like Star Wars than it ever has previously. Jump to Lightspeed also does away with the need to wait for a shuttle every time you want to travel to a different planet, and it will keep you occupied (though not necessarily entertained, especially since leveling up can still feel like a grind) for as many hours as you're willing to invest in it. If you're thinking of getting into Star Wars Galaxies for the first time, though, Jump to Lightspeed really isn't reason enough for you to do so...at least not yet. The fact of the matter is that, although it offers newcomers two brand-new species to play as, Jump to Lightspeed (like so much of the content added to the game in recent updates) has been designed to reward dedicated, hardcore players rather than appeal to new ones, and that's exactly what it does.

I tried beta, felt like spaceships in molasses,  plus the normal SWG overdependance on crafters to get a better ship.  If you didn't like SWG so far, you still won't like it.  If you did like it so far,  JTL fits in with the rest.

• IowaYetiIowaYeti Member Posts: 468

also from Gamespot:

The downside of this system is that it's not unusual to see players in TIE Fighters and Rebel starships paying no attention to one another as they pursue non-player targets, which is clearly not in keeping with Lucas' universe.

lol SWG is about to crash land...

~Yeti
    Desolation Guild Member - http://www.desolation-guild.org/
    EQ II Beta Tester
    imageimage

~Yeti

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Tried the JTL beta, graphics are very nice, but afetr i 'zoomed' around for 10 minutes i thought 'Hmm ok,....am i supposed to be doing anything?'

It seems so obvious now, grinding to master pilot woulda been brilliant cos...i could've mm.....got another ship!! yay. No thats not it...

Well..theres PvP! Hmm wait a sec, everyone is grinding and doing missions, who in their right mind is overt..
    Hmm well duels then!!...dam wait a sec, it will be the same as on the ground, the richest players buying the uberest weapons and ships and ganking people. Shame the space loot is actually WORSE than the components on the starter ship itself and from what ive heard, you cannot loot a better component than a crafted one. So entirely down to the cash aspect.

Im a rich mofo though, this shouldnt bother me, but ive done it all before,and again there are no quests,..just missions to follow waypoints or kill NPC ships, to gain the large amounts of xp needed to master pilot, then spned the next 2 weeks roaming space looking for another person or just flying around hoping to run into something.

ON a more serious note, this expansion would keep anyones attention at first and will be great fun, but unless you love grinding and really want to grind out all the pilot profs (all involve the same thing, except each prof you will have access to a new ship to do sweet fa in again), then roaming around space could only keep my attention for something like a couple of weeks.

Price of JTL - £17.99/29 Euros - A few weeks fun injection

Price of EQ2 from Amazon - £22.99 - Awhole new, vast game to explore.

Amusing how the same company can value prices so differently. EQ2 and an expansion pack almsot same price rofl, that kinda helped my decision :)

Vegetto - Farstar (SWG)
    V3g3tto - Werner (Planetside)

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by rohbshop
    prior to it. How is it? Can you compare the space combat to any other game like Freelancer maybe? I hope its not point and click combat :p Please try and give me a comparison to another space game in terms of the overall feel of how combat works, i'd really appreciate it.
    If JTLS is any good, i'm seriously thinking about committing myself to SWG. I always loved the idea of land and space mmorpg, just questioned the implementation of it. Thx for any answers image

First things first.. I HATE SOE!!!... ok, theres the proof Im a critic with these guys who screwed up a perfectly good game with hologrinding.

JTL:

Its J-stick supported, and Im using it...
    Its twitch based... (skill over the macro/mouse clicking whores) YEAAH!!!!
    It has a Freelancer feel, with the space physics... a bit to arcade for my taste but I guess thats because of their fear of to much of a learning curve.
    The hud is very simular to JumpGate, the targeting site makes shooting all to easy for any flight sim vet.
    Ship pricing forces you to do some ground work.

Overall its a good game, best damned thing about SWG. Helps kill a bit of the space sim crave... but its still to early to tell how things will turn out.

The above poster stated that its just goin to get old once the profession is done. Thats possible, its also very possible that space will be swarming with pvp combat... and this I look forward to. Will have to wait and see.

Is it worth your 30 bux? If ya have the original game and dont have to buy both all over... It sure is.
    If ya have to buy both, lil more hesitant... but Id prob do it.

Ive been playing the game for the last couple days pretty much non stop...::::40::

• RegnorokRegnorok Member UncommonPosts: 129

Originally posted by Vegetto

Price of JTL - £17.99/29 Euros - A few weeks fun injectionPrice of EQ2 from Amazon - £22.99 - Awhole new, vast game to explore.Amusing how the same company can value prices so differently. EQ2 and an expansion pack almsot same price rofl, that kinda helped my decision :)

wtf EQ was one of the worst grinding games ever made, and EQ 2 isn't going to be any easier, you complain about grinding in SWG but yet you praise EQ2 even though they're both hardcore grinders? its kinda contradicting yourself. WoW will own EQ2 by the way

Unofrtunately there is a problem with this, and its simply numbers.

If JTL pvp combat really takes off, and is really popular (which i think it will be) then groudn combat and population will remain as dead as it is now, forcing people who havent bought the expansion to buy it to get involved.

If the PVP is popular at all, well you got a dead add on thtas useful to no one.

Either way, the population has been spread over an even wider area now, and except on the major servers such as bria and bloodfin, finding a good number of people, even at prime time is enar impossible i found.

Vegetto - Farstar (SWG)

WoW is a grinding game too im afraid, except its a grinding game where they forgot to put in either:

A good crafting system
    A good merchant system
    Any interesting or good low level quests (Kill X of mob Y isnt too fun is it)
    And from what beta testers told me, half the quests are missing and gets boring fast, cos theres no individuality, you all look the same,etc. Although this all could be fixed by release, which is further away than the date on MMORPG.com thats for sure, you are looking at a january release.

Vegetto - Farstar (SWG)

Oh and i forogt to add, i dotn mind grinding, working for something good is cool i think, what i mean with JTL grinding is that once everyone hits master pilot, they will find nothing at all to do. This has been proven the case from the master pilots ive talked to.

Therefore, JTL is just a short timesink until the combat revamp comes out.

Vegetto - Farstar (SWG)

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

I work for a small chain of stores in Canada,  we sold about 250 SWG in week one, and have sold 2 JTL so far.  So I don`t think that JTL is bringing anyone back.   I have been looking at the message volume on the different boards and again, not much added volume since release of JTL.

I don`t think JTL really changed the feel of the game,  those who loved it,  love it even more, those who hate it still do.  For the others it did not make enough media hype to pull in the new players, coming out a month before WoW and EQ2 was not a good thing for them.

Waiting for EQ 2 and still having fun in AO ....

• Originally posted by rohbshop

prior to it.  How is it?  Can you compare the space combat to any other game like Freelancer maybe? 

They took their ideas from a popular space game called "X-Wing vs Tie". Still for sale for $5.oo to $10.oo at your local computer store. Check it out if you want the best possible idea of what JTL combat is like. Freelancer is a fun game too. But it is not a MMORPG. More like Diablo 2 in space.

I hope its not point and click combat :p  Please try and give me a comparison to another space game in terms of the overall feel of how combat works, i'd really appreciate it. 

"X-Wing vs Tie"

If JTLS is any good, i'm seriously thinking about committing myself to SWG.  I always loved the idea of land and space mmorpg, just questioned the implementation of it.  Thx for any answers image

Most would be critics of SWG have not even played SWG within the past 2 months. Also, in order for anyone to have an opinion of JTL, they absolutly MUST be playing SWG right now - because it is the ONLY way they can play JTL. Meaning, one cannot go out and buy and play ONLY JTL and not SWG. image
     I always help show them for real or fakes by asking them to post ing-game screenshots of their characters, naming what server they are on, when they started playing SWG ,and when they last played SWG.

And yes, you can see me about to enter JTL in the screenshots in my sig. image

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Shame the space loot is actually WORSE than the components on the starter ship itself and from what ive heard, you cannot loot a better component than a crafted one. So entirely down to the cash aspect.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I had to hear from someone to make myself feel good that I cancelled my 3 accounts back in October.  Heck I didn't even play JTL, I pre-ordered it, when I got it, I returned it to EBgames to get my money back.

And I'm glad I did not renew my account and opened the JTL box, only one thing could kill JTL and that's the fact that, again, loot sucks compared to what the millionaires can do better.

Let's face it, there's too many millionaires.  They can buy whatever they want.  Heck with my 3 accounts I could of easily grinded to Master Shipwright and make myself all the ships I could ever dream of.  I'm a Master Droid Engineer millionaire with millions of ressources stocked in 2 medium houses.  Don't tell me I can't build amounts of ships.

Anyways forget it... I'm playing Dark Age of Camelot now, I was sick of the unbalanced system and ease of play.

But I'm just relieved that I'm not missing out on anything in SWG ever since I quit. image

____ _ ____________ _ ____

Scissors & Wood Glue - 19.99$
    Lineage II Platinum Edition DVD - 59.99$
    Having more fun building the 3D Elf Paper doll that came free with the game rather than playing Lineage II - Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Shame the space loot is actually WORSE than the components on the starter ship itself and from what ive heard, you cannot loot a better component than a crafted one. So entirely down to the cash aspect.

Really? And where do you get your info?

FACT: I am at this moment playing and have a 3444 level rebel pilot.

FACT: The ONLY things I have purchased in game were the ships chasis/deed and texture/paint kits because I like the variety.

FACT: Currently my ship (XWing) is outfitted with soley LOOTED components and with these components Im doing pretty damned good.

FACT: I have searched many a vendor and have yet to find just ONE that has a better engine/weapon crafted.

Your "and from what ive heard" is false information.

If your going to come on here and post about a game, acting like you know wtf your talking about.. please at least take the time to play it. (I cant believe I am defending a SOE game)

And to lighten the mood a bit heres a couple pics of my toon in SWG taken just today.

Hex on Corbantis ServerTwo XWings scouting for trouble...

Oh and for xplororor's peace of mind...

I played SWG beta
    Played from 1st day of retail (ok not first day, second.. remember the billing servers issue.. i was a victim)
    Stopped playing right after publish 6, when a CSR in tech support told me that my $400 vid card wasnt compatable with the game. That would be my ATI 9800 AIW, tech guy said they supported the 9XXX series, just not the AIW... (I have screens to prove this btw lol, I was pissed)

Not goin to name all my toons but my mains were/are

Taurus Horizon, M.Smuggler Bloodfin... "Here try this, I promise you wont vomit your stats to hell in 5 mins... seriously"

Hex, many masters with him... I swore up and down I wouldnt go for Jedi, thats until I seen one of the first destroy a group I was in that had MBH, MTKA, MDoc, MCM and myslef MRifleMan at the time.. along with a few others. This guy 1 shotted each of us, and this is with us fully buffed, composite armor etc...(and yes I believe he was using a sliced sabre at the time, but never worried about it enough to report it) however... as you can guess, being a pvp player I saw the need for my PA to have a few Jedi to fight off this menace.

Oh, and for my question earlier on on these forums, "would you rather play on a server without jedi" HELL YES! Id start from scratch and know quite a few peeps who would do the same.

Back on day of release for JtL. Yes I have the vet reward.. go figure SOE kept charging my card even after I canceled.

Well enough of that. Maybe I'll catch a few of you on Corbantis...

• Originally posted by Johnark

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I had to hear from someone to make myself feel good that I cancelled my 3 accounts back in October.  Heck I didn't even play JTL, I pre-ordered it, when I got it, I returned it to EBgames to get my money back.

And I'm glad I did not renew my account and opened the JTL box, only one thing could kill JTL and that's the fact that, again, loot sucks compared to what the millionaires can do better.

Let's face it, there's too many millionaires.  They can buy whatever they want.  Heck with my 3 accounts I could of easily grinded to Master Shipwright and make myself all the ships I could ever dream of.  I'm a Master Droid Engineer millionaire with millions of ressources stocked in 2 medium houses.  Don't tell me I can't build amounts of ships.

You obviously were NOT playing SWG the way it was intended to be played. Can you say *uber hardcore player* you had 3 accounts! LOL! You have NOTHING to complain about. Be quiet and go post on the DAoC forums LOL! With 3 accounts in any game one will become an instant millionaire, able to get any skill!!

You are right, no one can tell you that you might not be able to build any ship, but we can tell you that you are NOT having any fun! The 200k to 300k players in SWG right now are having fun.

And to any lurkers thinking about SWG - it is a NICE game to play. As long as you play it with the intention of NOT trying to be come a Jedi. Have fun with the 30+ other professions. JTL is IMHO ok. It has more good things than bad things. I personally like EvE as a better space MMORPG than JTL.... only because in JTL (and the rest of SWG) there is no PvP for landcontrol (which AO does have.). Where is the GCW? (Galactic Civil War?) I want to see rebs taking over places. I want to see Imps taking over places LOL! I want to be a Neutral tip-toeing around both factions wondering if I am a reb or imp. image

Anyways forget it... I'm playing Dark Age of Camelot now, I was sick of the unbalanced system and ease of play.

LOL! I played both SWG and DAoC. DAoC only becomes fun after one reaches level 48-50. Did you know the DAoC game DEVs on purpose made it so player can SKIP levels!?! How is that for admitting a game has unbalanced systems, a bad grind, etc...

Also in DAoC players a few levels higher than you are automatically invincible! They can be naked, wearing nothing, and you will automatically miss them every single time if they stand there doing nothing. How is that for Unbalanced system? Next, DAoC is far more rampant than SWG with its buffbots aka multi accounts. Enjoy DAoC! image I bring all this up to simply show how hypocritical you are - since you are going into another game with more of what you claim you dislike in SWG.

But I'm just relieved that I'm not missing out on anything in SWG ever since I quit. image

And the 200,000 to 300,000+ players in SWG are not missing you. image

*points to what the original maker of this thread stated on page 1*

Only players who are currently playing SWG and JTL post opinions on how JTL is.

*points to point XplOrOrOr brought up*

Anyone claiming they are playing JTL, post screenshots of you in action. image

-AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    -More SWG:
    -EverQuest II:
    -EVE Online !!!

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Exploror

Dunno how you reckon mate that Daoc only became fun between lvls 48 and 50. That are the levels you realise you are severely handicapped against other players in million plus realm point bracket.

"Fun" can be found at any level. I remember having some of my fondest game memories at level 12 on Salisbury plains and so on.

Lets see some of your screenshots of you "having fun" at level 50 in Daoc!

Pan

Pan

• Originally posted by panache

Exploror
      Dunno how you reckon mate that Daoc only became fun between lvls 48 and 50. That are the levels you realise you are severely handicapped against other players in million plus realm point bracket.
     "Fun" can be found at any level. I remember having some of my fondest game memories at level 12 on Salisbury plains and so on.

Pan

Tell me this, what would happen if you tried to use your level 12 to defend your realm in RvR warfare? imageimage The fact still remains DAoC is the only MMORPG in which the game DEVs on purpose made it so players can skip levels. Why?

-AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    -More SWG:
    -EverQuest II:
    -EVE Online !!!

Originally posted by xplororor

Originally posted by panache

Exploror

Pan

Tell me this, what would happen if you tried to use your level 12 to defend your realm in RvR warfare? imageimage The fact still remains DAoC is the only MMORPG in which the game DEVs on purpose made it so players can skip levels. Why?

Mate, You said Daoc ONLY BECAME FUN  when you reached lvl's 48 and 50 in Daoc NOT an effective RvRer.  Fun and hardened pvper are at total opposite ends of the mmorpg spectrum.

On the subject of skipping levels is a tough one to answer. I had my first 50 before it came out so was eligable to make /20s when it became live. Reasons were many...some of which were rewards to level 50s and the chance to make a /20 or even a /30 on the less populated realms to tempt players to try and raise servers populations.

Oh BTW. my lvl 12 should do quite nicely defending my realm in the battlegrounds for that level and still waiting for your lvl 48 daoc screeniesimage

Pan

Pan

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by Johnark

Heck with my 3 accounts I could of easily grinded to Master Shipwright and make myself all the ships I could ever dream of. I'm a Master Droid Engineer millionaire with millions of ressources stocked in 2 medium houses. Don't tell me I can't build amounts of ships.

I'll tell you you can't build any ship you wanted to. If all you have is 2 medium houses of materials, you're dreaming. I was a Master DE and Master Architect with 2 Large houses, 6 small, 4 medium, and most of a Guild Hall, and I barely had enough to grind to master Shipwright. Not that that really had any relevance to the argument, but it's the one thing Explorer missed.

• Originally posted by panache

Exploror

Pan

Mate, You said Daoc ONLY BECAME FUN  when you reached lvl's 48 and 50 in Daoc NOT an effective RvRer.  Fun and hardened pvper are at total opposite ends of the mmorpg spectrum.

You said you were sick of the unbalanced system and ease of play. You then mention DAoC and how it is better than SWG in those areas. I pointed out that DAoC also suffers from Unbalanced systems, and ease of play.

- Browse the DAoC forums here at MMORPG.com for the tons of posts about its unbalanced systems.

- DAoC on purpose allows players to SKIP LEVELS. How is THAT for ease of play? And I stand by my post that DAoC becomes fun at levels 48-50. Why do you think the game on purpose allows players to skip levels? Because their game DEVs know and admit the game is most fun at the highest levels aka players basically start off at level 30. Almost at the highest levels.

On the subject of skipping levels is a tough one to answer. I had my first 50 before it came out so was eligable to make /20s when it became live. Reasons were many...some of which were rewards to level 50s and the chance to make a /20 or even a /30 on the less populated realms to tempt players to try and raise servers populations.

Eh dude, DAoC posts server populations. The populations on all servers are roughly the same. DAoC allowed players to skip levels because the game was suffereing from balance issues. Too many players in 1 realm. Too many players not starting new characters because of the fact the majority of fun begins at high level aka level 48- 50.

Oh BTW. my lvl 12 should do quite nicely defending my realm in the battlegrounds for that level and still waiting for your lvl 48 daoc screeniesimage

Pan

And what would happen if you put your level 12 vs a level 20? 30? Because the DAoC game DEVs on purpose allowed players to skip all the low levels. image 

Next, all DAoC players know the game was made with the intention of PvP. In a Level Based PvP game, it pays to be the highest level possible - which is why DAoC on purpose allow players to skip levels. No screenshots by me are needed to verify this. It is all part of the actual DAoC game features. Feel free to post a new thread on the DAoC forums asking about this:

- Does DAoC on purpose allow players to skip levels?

- Does the majority of fun in DAoC happen at level 48-50?

You do not like SWG. No problem. You like DAoC better. No problem. Go play DAoC. Go post on the DAoC forums. You are through with SWG. image The 200k to 300k SWG players will not miss you. image

-AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    -More SWG:
    -EverQuest II:
    -EVE Online !!!

Exploror

Pan

You said you were sick of the unbalanced system and ease of play. You then mention DAoC and how it is better than SWG in those areas. I pointed out that DAoC also suffers from Unbalanced systems, and ease of play.

I have always applauded SWG on its ease of play never criticised it. Whenever someone asks if they would recommend SWG as a mmorpg i have always said yes due to it's friendly levelling of skills.

- Browse the DAoC forums here at MMORPG.com for the tons of posts about its unbalanced systems.

- DAoC on purpose allows players to SKIP LEVELS. How is THAT for ease of play? And I stand by my post that DAoC becomes fun at levels 48-50. Why do you think the game on purpose allows players to skip levels? Because their game DEVs know and admit the game is most fun at the highest levels aka players basically start off at level 30. Almost at the highest levels.

Eh dude, DAoC posts server populations. The populations on all servers are roughly the same. DAoC allowed players to skip levels because the game was suffereing from balance issues. Too many players in 1 realm. Too many players not starting new characters because of the fact the majority of fun begins at high level aka level 48- 50.

Being English...sorry old bean (hate dude) i quote you. "the populations on all the servers are roughly the same" Hmm Pelinor at the time of writing this has 200 players across its three realms, while lancelot and merlin has both 1400?? not quite the same is it old chap??

Pan

And what would happen if you put your level 12 vs a level 20? 30? Because the DAoC game DEVs on purpose allowed players to skip all the low levels. image 

Next, all DAoC players know the game was made with the intention of PvP. In a Level Based PvP game, it pays to be the highest level possible - which is why DAoC on purpose allow players to skip levels. No screenshots by me are needed to verify this. It is all part of the actual DAoC game features. Feel free to post a new thread on the DAoC forums asking about this:

- Does DAoC on purpose allow players to skip levels?

- Does the majority of fun in DAoC happen at level 48-50?

The real reason for the level skipping is whether Mythic admit it or not is...that the noob population is DEAD. When i first started playing camp spots would be home to many groups....now you might be lucky to find one or two guys soloing. Daoc was primarily a grouping orientated game. Without the company of group mates, levelling would be nasty...and completely horrid for support classes like clerics wizzes or theurgists, Hence the free levels to speed people to 50.

At higher levels it gets worse. Barrows, a dungeon you would hit at level 30 is now only populated by a few guys levelling bots or artifacts. Catacombs (lvl 23+) was completely empty and so was mithra.

So the short answer to level skipping is...due to a low population of noobs Mythic offered a free level a week to try and keep noobies playing instead of being put off.

Question...how do you know daoc only becomes fun without you ever getting a character to 48, as i doubt you ever have reached that level??

As you are so fond of saying "Post a screenie of your character" image

You do not like SWG. No problem. You like DAoC better. No problem. Go play DAoC. Go post on the DAoC forums. You are through with SWG. image The 200k to 300k SWG players will not miss you. image

-AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    -More SWG:
    -EverQuest II:
    -EVE Online !!!

Pan

Pan

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Well after playing SWG for a year, reaching the end-game (Cause I tried every profession, mastered half of them. Except Jedi, which is what made me quit), I finally decided to stop boycotting JTL, and played it for 2 days.

It adds content for those that are bored of the actual game.  And for anyone that wants to PVP fairly, JTL is the only way.  If you played old games like X-Wing VS Tie Fighter (Which was my favorite) and the genre, it's exactly the same thing except you start with slow and not very powerful ships and the goal is to get good with your own reflex skills so you can get certifications to own better ships (Like X-Wings or the Millinium Falcon)

There's no pointing and clicking at all in JTL.  What will determine who wins and who loses in ship combat is your skills as a gamer.  If you suck at airplane games or games like X-Wing VS Tie Fighter, you will suck in JTL.  But heck, for anyone that has enough reflexes and basics of flying will manage.

But the big question now is does JTL have enough content?  I only played JTL for the past 2 days, so far it has enough content for me in those 2 days of gameplay.  But that's also another reason why I'm glad I did not take a 3 or 6 month plan with SWG and only a 1 month plan, cause I quit SWG a few weeks before JTL's launch, and came back 2 days ago, and with only 1 month since JTL's launch, I see tones of Master Pilots walking around.  And in 2 days I managed to get to 2/2/1/1 as a neutral pilot.

Will I become a Master Pilot in 1 month too?  Will I just be flying around killing more and more ships?

Cause I mean, I guess I could always just explore space.  But to be quit honest, space may be nice, but do I really want to see gas, meteors, planets in a black background filled with stars for months after months?  Not really.  I want PLANETS to land on to explore that I have never seen.

And that's my biggest disapointment.  There was rumors that Hoth or Dagoba would be new planets to SWG, but they are not there.  And I've already visited everything SWG has to offer in 1 year's worth of gameplay.

So I say, buy JTL only once you are bored of the actual game just to add 1-2 months of extra gameplay.

Or keep hoping that SOE will add more to the game.  But i lost faith in SOE 4 months ago when they started to only think of the minority of the players.

I mean heck, the game was buggy and unbalanced.  So what does SOE do?  They revamp the Jedi system which represented 5% of the population so that 5% of the population would have more fun.  After that, what do they do?  They work on JTL and keep the game the same way as it already is.

What's next?  Combat balance?  That will only help improve the PVP, and I can predict right now that so many people will quit once the combat balance is added.  Cause so many teenager newbs join SWG cause they've learned from friends that SWG is an easy game to play compared to any other MMORPGs out there.  If SOE makes SWG harder to play, those newbs will quit.

And will the old veteran players come back?  Maybe... maybe not... I know most of them quit SWG for EQ2 and are waiting for WoW.  So maybe they will never return.

Elves are so HAWT!!! Especially the wood elves in Everquest 2!!!
    :)~~~~~~~

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Played JTL in beta.. and it was actually pretty good. Not fantastic, but certainly improves the game. Especially since there's a greater emphasis on loot so you're doing more than trying to get credits to give to a billionaire crafter. It's actually pretty smooth.. better than I thought it would be. Unfortunately with the ground game problems I just got sick of the game once again... Who knows, if they can get this game out of the hands of SoE, keep working on combat, and worry less about crafters they might eventually have something.