Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race Wars

I'm not sure when this was last discussed, but I'd like to get an idea of what races/species everyone is excited to see.

Are you expecting or hoping for race-specific traits? If so, what traits do you predict/speculate/hope to see/imagine for each race that you're interested in?

For me, I'm most excited about a possibility of playing as either the Echani or Mandalorian races. Though both resemble the human species, I'm interested in their combat aspects, and how - if they're an option - BioWare plans on balancing these three similar races, yet making each rather unique.

• For the Echani, I see modifiers in Dex, light armor, and combat effectiveness.
  • For Mandalorians, Str, heavy armor, and explosives.
  • For Humans, Cons, medium armor, and engineering.

But I still see more implements for each race. Perhaps, for the Echani (since they do have the ability), they can have a buff that predicts another's moves +1 in advance. "Eye of the Echani". Of course, it would come with a CD. That's one idea anyway... Though, I don't know how it would work in PvP. Maybe they have a "Dance of Death" move, where they slice through several players, doing a set amount of dmg.

Mandalorians could have some sort of rage effect that occurs when activated, again with a CD. Or perhaps a grenade toss that does AOE dmg.

Humans could have some kind of health buff I guess, though I could care less about them, since I am one and I don't have any buffs going for me.

The other classes I'm looking forward to (and am pretty sure will be in game) are:

• Rodians
  • Twi'leks
  • Mon Calamari
  • Neimoidian
  • Wookieees
  • Bothan
  • Selkath
  • Trandoshans
  • Duros
  • Sullustans
  • Verpine
  • Kel Dor

OK, so I don't see all of these races getting their shot as a playable character, but perhaps those that are left out could be companion characters... Food for thought.

THE Rooster Nash

Comments

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

I'd rather they be more realistic. Speed, strength, stam, ect...Let those stats determine how effective my skills are. It's the same thing really. Wouldnt mind seeing the language barrier brought back too.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by RoosterNash

Twi'leks

I'm thinking they may cut the Twi'leks and go for the Togruta, which has been seen as jedi a few times in their trailers.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I honestly would like different races in this game, but do we have any solid proof, or is this all just hope?

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Ibluerate

I honestly would like different races in this game, but do we have any solid proof, or is this all just hope?

So far, it's just wishful thinkin...

THE Rooster Nash

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by greed0104

Twi'leks

I'm thinking they may cut the Twi'leks and go for the Togruta, which has been seen as jedi a few times in their trailers.

I don't know. Twi'leks are one of the most popular species in Star Wars, according to polls. But I forgot to mention the Togruta, good call.

THE Rooster Nash

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Twi'leks are very popular can't imagine them cutting them out.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

For the Echani, I see modifiers in Dex, light armor, and combat effectiveness.
    For Mandalorians, Str, heavy armor, and explosives.
    For Humans, Cons, medium armor, and engineering.

Echani are near-humans.  Easiest just to represent them as Humans, since they are the same species biologically speaking (they can breed with humans and produce fertile offspring).  Mandalorians are a culture at this point, so ANY character you make can potentially be from it -- basically it's roleplaying.  They might have background traits or something to support this sort of stuff, but it isn't necessary.

I think they'll probably have classic species from the films and from the KoTOR games.  They could potentially have a ton of species if they are happy with most species working like humans more or less (so if a large number of species can look like anything they want but have pretty minor stat adjustments, then there are no balance concerns).  Obviously some things like Wookies would need more work to properly implement.

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158

Based on some rumors, the SW:ToR forum avatars should all be avalaible races to play.

So, where is my Nautolan?