Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest Next, Guildwars 2, FF14.

XxKnivesxXXxKnivesxX Member UncommonPosts: 188

Guildwars 2, and Final Fantasy 14

cant wait for them all, all these games were successful, basically my last hope for any decent MMO to be released relies on  these babies.

Comments

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

You are kidding right ?  Sorry but I think alot of people already decided on a decent mmorpg ....

Have you heard of WOW and the kajillion subscribers ? 

Money is the root of all evil.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

I already beat WoW, these 2 games sound fun.

• shepx22shepx22 Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by noquarter

Same... WoW is old repetative stuff over and over again just with a different boss encounter with the same AI with a different script to run the encounter.. Hasnt been anything new. Arenas are one of WoWs biggiest mistakes, admited by the VP of Operations for Blizzard World of Warcraft team.. Pretty sad, but you gotta take the good and the bad.

Regardless, WoW is the same repeatable sh!t over and over.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by DeViLzzz2007

You are kidding right ?  Sorry but I think alot of people already decided on a decent mmorpg ....
    Have you heard of WOW and the kajillion subscribers ? 

I wouldnt say WoW is decent. Its popular yes, but decent? Thats debateable.

In China they eat rat meat. Now if one Chinese guy turns to me eating a rat and says "hey this is some decent rat!" Am I going to start eating rat meat because he and many others do? Not likely.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

GW2 will probably be a WOW clone, FF14 seems interesting tho.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by Thenarius

From the GW2 FAQ:

While Guild Wars 2 adds a persistent-world experience, it retains the unique characteristics of the original game, including strong narrative, extensive instanced gameplay, anti-grind design philosophy, and strong support for competitive play.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

You know this how?

Mountain Dew is a Dr. Pepper clone.

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89

Reading through all your recent posts i've come to the conclussion you are a wow fanboy so your words mean nothing i can probley be certain wow was your first mmo because you compare every game to wow well let me give you a hint Wow is a clone of eq :O just an easymode clone ;)

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

This is one thing that kills me about the newer generation of MMO's and it's playerbase. Their was a time when MMO's weren't meant to EVER be beaten, because they had a ton of content, and ever evolving and added content...PLUS, it took way longer to get to top level then it does these days.

Now they are all like console games, which allows them to BE beatable in essence, which makes them get old MUCH faster.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I haven't put much thought into Guild Wars 2 yet, I didn't really enjoy the first because it was all instanced, but since that's changing i might take a look at it.

Everquest Next I will play because it's Everquest, hopefully it'll turn out good.

FFXIV i am definently looking forward to

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Goatgod76

This is one thing that kills me about the newer generation of MMO's and it's playerbase. Their was a time when MMO's weren't meant to EVER be beaten, because they had a ton of content, and ever evolving and added content...PLUS, it took way longer to get to top level then it does these days.

Now they are all like console games, which allows them to BE beatable in essence, which makes them get old MUCH faster.

Yeah, same feeling here.

WoW was a good game for what it was and it has helped bring the MMORPG genre out of the dank dark basement dwelling nerd past time that it used to be, but with it and the newer generation of MMOs, the genre has seemed to have lost something.

Having a game that allows anyone to be 'epic' at a far easier pace might have been a plus in the early days of the game, but it quickly made the game feel old as you are constantly waiting for new content. And I know you had to wait for new content in other games as well back in the day, but its not the same. Look at how quickly content in WoW becomes dried up and boring. Dungeons are pretty much tossed on farm status less than a month after it first opens. Expansion content is quickly blown through even at a casual pace (WoTLK content from 70-80 took me 5 days @ less than 4 hours a night. After that it was all instance running for gear and daily grinding). Even now with hard modes its not all that much more difficult to do the instances.

I remember when expansion content took a few months to even get half way through, and it was fun all the way. That all changed with WoW, which isnt a bad thing and totally not fault of Blizzard as they were aiming to make a more casual friendly game and succeeded. The problem is that other dev teams are more interested in becoming the next big title with huge sub numbers that they really dont try to be different. Add to that the players who on one hand want a harder game with a lot more challenge, yet once they start playing they want it to be like WoW.

Though looking at newer games on the horizon, it appears that the whole 'uber population' trend has settled down and devs are now aiming to fill voids in the genre by aiming more to each niche subset.

Of the games listed in the thread title, I am looking forward to trying FF14 and a new EQ. Of the not listed, TSW seems to have a good premise currently and look forward to that.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

I really enjoyed Guild Wars 1 (it still remains my favourite out of all the MMO games I've played in the past), so I'm definitely looking forward to Guild Wars 2. Especially if the new storylines and quests remain strong, because that was what I enjoyed the most in the game. There'll probably be less instancing as well, though I have to admit that I am not very pleased by this, because the main reason why the quests were so interesting was because of the instancing. But the good seems to outweigh the bad though, so I am really looking foward to it.

I don't know very much about Everquest to have an opinion on it, but if FF14 does allow the use of pay by cash, then I'll look forward to it as well.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)