Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise lauch within 6 weeks?

mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

From their faq

What is Earthrise? Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic science fiction MMORPG, set in the dark future of the planet Earth. The game is designed to run on the Windows operating system, and will be launching in 2009.

Comments

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664
    Originally posted by mrmeloni

From their faq

What is Earthrise? Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic science fiction MMORPG, set in the dark future of the planet Earth. The game is designed to run on the Windows operating system, and will be launching in 2009.

Maybe, though I doubt it.. I am having a feeling q1 of 2010. However, if they do start open beta next month I will be pissed I never did closed beta!

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Unless they're the quietest devs in the history of devs, not happening. It'll definitely be next year.

• gorgondogorgondo Member Posts: 56

Original estimates are never spot on, and rarely close.  I'd say, depending on how December goes, we are looking at a release no sooner than March.  February if things begin moving with a good head of steam.  I'm figuring April, personally.

I guess it's just a matter of time, if it isn't always.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

I hope they take their time...

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Caldicot

You mean you hope they get it right. Taking their time doesn't mean it will be right. :)

I hope they hurry and get it right. :)

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Vortigon

You mean you hope they get it right. Taking their time doesn't mean it will be right. :)

What you are hoping for could actually be described as a fallacy ( the ETTO fallacy).

:)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Unf i hear very little news on this game. I dont think they'll be launching it anytime soon!

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH wants to fire plungers in Earthrise)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• miked9022miked9022 Member UncommonPosts: 91

Originally posted by Vortigon

What you are hoping for could actually be described as a fallacy ( the ETTO fallacy).

:)

as an engineering designer i find that pretty interesting

• CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 105

considering the lack of news i expect it in q2 2010 and not a minute sooner :P

i just hope it won't disappoint as FE did

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

I hope it looks better than it currently does. Those "high-res" photos they have on their site are VERY SMALL for calling themselves "high res". They're all 1024x768 it seems. And i guess that's "high-res" to them. Knowing they're THAT SMALL right now i can't honestly say the graphics will be amazing due to that fact. I hope the game does nice and isn't some rushed release item. And if it's got nice graphics and also a great server programmer i'll try it out. If not add another to the pile of games not worth the search traffic they get.

Originally posted by 133794m3r

If not add another to the pile of games not worth the search traffic they get.

What search traffic? o.O lol

Honestly this is one of the smallest amount of people tracking and keeping up with the game amongst the newer indie companies. Well that I have seen.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by CodeFuzer

considering the lack of news i expect it in q2 2010 and not a minute sooner :P
    i just hope it won't disappoint as FE did

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Newsletter confirms a q2 2010 release date.

Here is hoping to that I still will get a closed beta invitation before closed beta is over.

sigh...

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Harabeck

Unless they're the quietest devs in the history of devs, not happening. It'll definitely be next year.

Yeah I've heard... next to nothing about this game from them. I'm going to guess next year also.

Originally posted by MattMassacre

Yeah I've heard... next to nothing about this game from them. I'm going to guess next year also.

If you had looked one post above mine you would have seen this..

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Newsletter confirms a q2 2010 release date.

o.O So, no need to guess anymore as it is officially stated by them now that it will most likely be q2 2010.

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by MattMassacre

Maybe you should go to the official forums, where they release new information on a weekly basis?

• shepx22shepx22 Member Posts: 133

This game will Be out sometime in 2010, with a Q1 2011 possible. I will try to find the link somewhere. They don't update their info that much.

• Minmatar0Minmatar0 Member Posts: 12

I really hope the combat improved over the last few months.

If ER releases with the combat from that video it will die a quick death.

I hope they take their time.

Playing: Eve,Ryzom,AO
    Waiting on: ER,GW2,TOR,MO
    Retired:UO,EQ,AC,SWG,DAoC,L2,WoW,GW
    Worthless: Lotro,EQ2,WAR,AoC, Aion

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by shepx22

This game will Be out sometime in 2010, with a Q1 2011 possible. I will try to find the link somewhere. They don't update their info that much.

Are you really that ignorant?

They just released their newsletter where they announced a release for Q2 2010. :faceplam:

And if you wanna have updates, then you should visit the official forums, where there's updates every single week for the last 20 month.

Originally posted by Minmatar0

I really hope the combat improved over the last few months.

If ER releases with the combat from that video it will die a quick death.

I hope they take their time.

Thats actually one of the reasons wjy they're delaying the release. They've overhauled the combat-system.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file