Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Promotion items for existing subscribers or how we got cheated...

124»

Comments

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Pfft, if you're an existing subscriber, you've already been cheated.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Don't ya just love contradictions?

First Lordbonezy says he doesn't have AoC then he says he actually did and played up til this year.  Uh, well which is it?  Still admits to hating Funcom apparently, but I guess doesn't hate them enough as he played AoC off and on up til this year.

Whether or not the OP got a refund isn't the point.  I said he wasn't entitled to a refund.  If he goes to his Credit Company and they decide he's been a long time customer who warrants special treament, that's their call.   Funcom, however, wouldn't have to refund his money as he isn't entitled to a refund.  Why he isn't has been stated numerous times, hopefully Lordbonezy doesn't have too much problems with the complex words used here and can re-read it if his memory fails him.

Finally, the Funcom hate he has comes out again as in true Bill O Fashion, spouts "facts" that have no basis in facts.  According to him Funcom is a dying company whose best employees have jumped ship.  So, umm, the "dying" company opens up a new center in Montreal, hiring dozens of new employees in the process to work on their next MMO, yet it's "dying".   Oh wait, must mean that if they work on another MMO that AoC is dying?  No wait, that doesn't work other companies have multiple MMO's going simultaneously.  Hmm..    Nope can't find any validity to the Funcom Is Dying statement at all.

Strange that he mentioned WoW.  AoC had a very stable launch, no server queues, no crashes, etc.  WoW can't say the same as it had numerous problems intially that weren't resolved for weeks afterwords.  Stuck while looting bug?  Login Queues?  Disabling equipment rendering to reduce login server load?   Yep WoW had all those, AoC didn't.   Hmm, but AoC wasn't "finished or polished" still?    Riiiiight.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by DrowNoble

Strange that he mentioned WoW.  AoC had a very stable launch, no server queues, no crashes, etc.  WoW can't say the same as it had numerous problems intially that weren't resolved for weeks afterwords.  Stuck while looting bug?  Login Queues?  Disabling equipment rendering to reduce login server load?   Yep WoW had all those, AoC didn't.   Hmm, but AoC wasn't "finished or polished" still?    Riiiiight.

What are you smoking?

Or are you trying to change the history?

I don't support posting to the forums of the games you don't play, but sometimes I do slip. Sorry for that.

AoC (in my experience from welcome back campaign 14-days) is very stable game today. Technically it works great and looks the same as normal MMOs do (I personally have never found it graphically superior, but maybe it's just because I've played their Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. It's a great story, btw.), bar the character movement that is not looking natural.

But the fact that it works today doesn't entitle anyone to try and write the history again. AoC launch was a disaster, only ones that might compete with it for the title "Worst launch in the history of MMORPGs" are AO and Darkfall.

• LordBonezy2LordBonezy2 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by fodell54

Originally posted by LordBonezy2

Sorry LordBonezy, but YOU are wrong.

The OP was complaining that he was charged, since he was charged he IS in the new subscription cycle.  Therefore, He is Not Entitled To A Refund.  Period.  He already received the product, vet rewards in this case, so cannot get a refund.  No If's And's or But's about it.   You can try to spin this however you want, that doesn't change the simple fact that he didn't "accidently" subscribe (I already posted that's not possible), he already is in his new cycle and he already received his product (game time and vet tokens).
    Your irrational Funcom Hate does nothing to validate or support your erroneous arguments. 

Well perhaps I am wrong. However that doesn't change the fact that Visa saw it our way. Probably very likely because we were right and not wrong. Its not about being right or wrong or hating funcom though I do, and it isn't irrational whatsoever. I dont have AOC, but I do hate Funcom and am happy to see them deprived of money they would take freely and not refund without delivering a good or service.

I'm not spinning shit. It doesn't matter if it was an accident or deliberate attempt to extend his subscription and then retract that extension, a reasonable amount of time before it began. If you don't consume a good or service you have the right to a refund if it has not been delivered forthwith.
    You are being irrational because you can't live with not liking Funcom oh no oh dear how will I ever go on living? Grow up Visa kept a customer by doing the right thing, Funcom lost a customer by doing the wrong thing. If you think they have it wrong thats your opinion and you are entitled just like me. Its also bizniz law that you can't take money from consumers even by mistake if you don't provide something for it, its called consideration.
    If there is no consideration there is no contract. If I put money on the table and promise to pay for something but have not received it because it is scheduled to be delivered at a future date, I am entitled to the refund of my consideration. The only reason I would not be is if because of my promise to purchase and subsequent cancelling I some how prevented Funcom from making money with someone else with that same good or service, in which they lose the value of their consideration, at which point they are entitled to compensation for the loss of value of their part of the "consideration". Since there was no resulting loss in value to Funcom's consideration, and there was no consumption of the product or service during that subscription period for the customer, legally there was no contract to take money for services or goods, and Funcom was legally obligated to refund the money. Visa knows this because they process millions of transactions daily, Funcom hasn't processed more than few tens of thousands and they clearly have no interest in maintaining a reputation or valuing customers the same way Visa does.
    Case closed. Don't like my response fuck off.

If you don't have AOC then STOP POSTING ON THE AOC FORUMS!

All in red still stands. If you have an issue with Funcom fine but the rest of us don't care. Move on with your life. No one cares about your opinion, that’s why you get some much hate all the time. Everyone is tired of your trolling. Get over yourself already and grow up.

I see what you are saying thats a typo. Instead of me saying I don't have AOC it should say I don't hate AOC. It is true that I do not currently subscribe to AOC however I did in most of 2008 when it was available and for a full month in 2009. I also play on a friends acct from time to time, however my computer no longer has it installed. I am fully aware of the progress of development from launch until today. I apologize for your confusion as I caused it. If you want to research my post history you are welcomed to, on the official forums my handel was CobraSolidus, on these forums here at MMORPG there is another who took that name before I got here and now I post with the handle I had in game LB, and LB2 when they see fit to ban me for not censoring myself.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by Pelaaja

What are you smoking?

I don't support posting to the forums of the games you don't play, but sometimes I do slip. Sorry for that.

AoC (in my experience from welcome back campaign 14-days) is very stable game today. Technically it works great and looks the same as normal MMOs do (I personally have never found it graphically superior, but maybe it's just because I've played their Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. It's a great story, btw.), bar the character movement that is not looking natural.

But the fact that it works today doesn't entitle anyone to try and write the history again. AoC launch was a disaster, only ones that might compete with it for the title "Worst launch in the history of MMORPGs" are AO and Darkfall.

I'm not saying that AOC had an outstanding launch, because it didn't. But to say that it was 1 of worst launches is just wrong. What about Dark and Light? Do you remember when Vanguard launched? So, yeah AOC may have had a crappy launch but it wasn't the worst by far.

• LordBonezy2LordBonezy2 Member Posts: 16

What are you smoking?

I'm not saying that AOC had an outstanding launch, because it didn't. But to say that it was 1 of worst launches is just wrong. What about Dark and Light? Do you remember when Vanguard launched? So, yeah AOC may have had a crappy launch but it wasn't the worst by far.

The launch isn't the problem. The game as it is today isn't really the problem either. It plays ok, the concept is causal and entertaining. The gfx are superior to most in the industry.

What is wrong with AOC is fundamentally Funcom's blunders, decision making, and priorities.

A. Launching the game when they did, as they did, they built 20 solid levels with an additional 60 missing voice overs, working sieges, and other content and features, some of which have never made it into the game even today. Voiceovers for the majority of quests are not there, once you get out of Tortage. Some have them, most don't. At launch Sieges were inoperable, today they are busted, and bugged where 1/3-2/3 crash. No solid, stable, reliable remedy for this has yet been implemented and confirmed by the official forums community to be present. In patch 1.04 they worked superior to the current build. The pace of improvements and additions to the game is slower than the industry and slower than necessary to keep folks around. Funcom's decision to put Craig into GD spot instead of bringing aboard a proven game design/team manager from outside the company just shows that they don't know what the right moves are to make. Core mechanics and imbalances that have been in the game since launch still persist. Caster vs Melee, mana and stamina, but even deeper, the fact that casters have no combos, no proximity need to proceed with their attacks, and never miss, while melee miss, need to be targeting right ahead, and need to execute combos mean that the game deck is stacked against Melee. Conan was a barbarian, raider, pirate, and king. Nowhere in the fucking stories does Conan the caster make an appearance yet Casters are the most powerful characters by broken game mechanic imbalances.

B. Top priority of Funcom or the development team is never implementing what players of this game have wanted, be it the PVP system, right click duels for PVE servers, removing guards on PVP servers, installing a bounty hunter system for PVP, merging servers when needed, not months later, and delivering new fresh and deep content.

The launch was a tremendous success, everything that followed after has not been. The only two selling points which they have delivered on, DX10 and stable client performance, should have been there at launch. DX10 is still in beta, stable client performance is an expected given when you run on windows!

C. C is for Customer Serivce kids... Customer service is another example where Funcom has cut corners, from cybersexing employees, to GMs who give away free T3 cities, to other GMs who wont make busted quests function for some players when they do the exact same thing for others, to GMs who cancel your petition because they are refusing to help you. Simply put denying a refund for a sub fee when you haven't delivered the sub is unethical and illegal, especially when in order to form a contract you need to have mutual understanding of what you are delivering, clearly the party who OP here did not have that understanding, and since consideration, the legal term given to the tangible or intangible value exchanged by both parties in order to form a binding contract, was indeed not scheduled to be delivered by Funcom until next year, thus consideration never occured, and a contract never existed.

D. D is for Do not  fucking lie to your customers.... Good companies also do not lie to their customers, as when Erling lied about the "tons" of new content over and over for months, and when for months players were re-subbing only to find out that bug fixes and content was again weeks or months away. Or when they denied having a need for server merges, or when they delayed them into 2009. They also lied to the industry of game reviewers and pulled a dupe on the gaming market in general by building an unfinished product and selling it as something they could finish in a reasonable amount of time. I ask you is it reasonable to expect the fucking voice overs to be done by now? Or working sieges reasonable to be working by now? Reasonable to expect DX10 to be out of beta? Reasonable to expect any real measurable and meaningful success on the part of the game development team when they improve at this pace and in the areas like fake boobs and vet rewards which don't really reward veterns with much at all? I fail to see how it is reasonable to afford Funcom so much slack, but not afford a refund to someone extending their sub for the full value, when none of that value was to be rendered until 2010. I find it a shame that anybody here would defend Funcom for that action or that anybody would allow themselves to feel pity for Funcom. I find that morally and ethically reprehensible.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

What are you smoking?

Uh sorry to burst your bubble but AoC's launch was heralded as being very smooth.  Not just by me but by many magazines and gaming websites.   The only issue the game had was a memory leak that was fixed within a few weeks.  As memory leaks go, not everyone had trouble with it based on their particular PC configuration.  Dragon Age has a memory leak too, some people have trouble and some don't, all depends on what hardware they have.

Not trying to change history at all.. WoW did have issues at launch.  Servers were crashing, that isn't made up, I was there it happened.  Server queues were instituted to help with the server loads, I didn't make that up either.   The "stuck while looting bug" was all over the place as their server couldn't handle the load of everyone looting mobs.   They disabled armor rendering in the login screen for weeks to reduce stress on the login servers.   Ask anyone who played WoW from launch and unless their a rabid fanboy, they'll remember these issues.  This is why that in late 2004, Blizzard kept giving away free 1 day extentions because of all the problems WoW had at launch.  If you played at launch look at your account history, you'll see a lof of 1 Day adds around the end of '04.

Now AoC's launch didn't have those issues, in fact in the 1st week they added 9 servers to handle the additional load.  So no one playing at launch had to wait in queues or any other issues that would be related to servers at max load.  If you were there you'd know this yourself.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

What are you smoking?

Uh sorry to burst your bubble but AoC's launch was heralded as being very smooth.  Not just by me but by many magazines and gaming websites.   The only issue the game had was a memory leak that was fixed within a few weeks.  As memory leaks go, not everyone had trouble with it based on their particular PC configuration.  Dragon Age has a memory leak too, some people have trouble and some don't, all depends on what hardware they have.

Not trying to change history at all.. WoW did have issues at launch.  Servers were crashing, that isn't made up, I was there it happened.  Server queues were instituted to help with the server loads, I didn't make that up either.   The "stuck while looting bug" was all over the place as their server couldn't handle the load of everyone looting mobs.   They disabled armor rendering in the login screen for weeks to reduce stress on the login servers.   Ask anyone who played WoW from launch and unless their a rabid fanboy, they'll remember these issues.  This is why that in late 2004, Blizzard kept giving away free 1 day extentions because of all the problems WoW had at launch.  If you played at launch look at your account history, you'll see a lof of 1 Day adds around the end of '04.

Now AoC's launch didn't have those issues, in fact in the 1st week they added 9 servers to handle the additional load.  So no one playing at launch had to wait in queues or any other issues that would be related to servers at max load.  If you were there you'd know this yourself.

My "bubble" was bursted when I participated the AoC early access and the predecing weeks. See, I was there.

OOM, Grey Maps, Red Lining, CTD... you name it, they delivered it. About WoW I have nothing to say, because I haven't played it.

AoC is in very good shape now, but it hasn't been a bed of roses all the way.

• ElaywastedElaywasted Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I think the key word was "extend" which mean't a pay up front.

Sorry for going off the topic but , is there any chance the promotions for the subscribers is still active in december? because i would love to sub for 3 months and get into secret world beta..

I still need to resub anyway

Thanks for reading

ffs

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Elaywasted

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I think the key word was "extend" which mean't a pay up front.

Sorry for going off the topic but , is there any chance the promotions for the subscribers is still active in december? because i would love to sub for 3 months and get into secret world beta..

I still need to resub anyway

Thanks for reading

Technically the offer should of finished end of Nov, I just checked it is still available but I don't know for how much longer!