Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO that has the most females playing

2»

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

My GF's been hooked on Aion, her first MMO. I'm getting sick to death of it, though, and wondering what might be a good MMO to get her to try next. Maybe it's time I finally give WoW a shot..?

Although, I think the real question is which MMO has the highest PERCENTAGE of female subs. Flat numbers, obviously WoW, but maybe WoW percentage-wise, too?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

World Of Warcraft

Not all of the five million real players are guys.

I assure you, they've got a good 100k women at least.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by quinnah89

hey which MMO has the most girls playing? WoW?

Both of my ex-wives play WoW.  I've never really been into that game, so they like to throw out that they have x amount of cap level characters and such.. Course I just have to list the games where that is true for me, but I digress.

To be honest, and this mostly applies to women that previously did not game online, I think most of them are into WoW.. WoW attracted new online gamers which is part of why they have so many subs.  Turning your game into a house-hold name is brilliant.  I wish I was more into it actually.

I know my opinion is biased based on the fact listed above, but I would be willing to bet it's WoW.. at least as far as P2P games go.  I think one of the posters above could be right about Flyff and such.  Cute-type games.  Obligatory disclaimer: I understand that not all girls are into cutesy.

Acidon

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

In my experience I found WoW to have a large number of females playing.  I would guess this is due to the ease of the game and the carebear (I don't mean that in a bad way) style that is associated with it.  Plus it is the most popular MMO still and it gets the attention of those who normally wouldn't game.

• niahflameniahflame Member Posts: 8

I used to play a lot of free MMORPGs but I got tired of all of them. I'm too old for Hello Kitty. I'm 25 and female. There's no way I'd pay to play either. My friend tried to talk me into WoW lol. I played the demo, wasn't into it.. So if anyone has any good free MMORPGs feel free to private message me, even referral links.

25 F USA

As for the most girls, who knows? The Aeria games are chock full of female avs, but I doubt they're all rl females.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by niahflame

I used to play a lot of free MMORPGs but I got tired of all of them. I'm too old for Hello Kitty. I'm 25 and female. There's no way I'd pay to play either. My friend tried to talk me into WoW lol. I played the demo, wasn't into it.. So if anyone has any good free MMORPGs feel free to private message me, even referral links.

25 F USA

As for the most girls, who knows? The Aeria games are chock full of female avs, but I doubt they're all rl females.

Give DDO a try if ya havent. About the highest quality Free mmo out there.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

They need be able to look like babes and cuteness is a big factor too. But why do you want to know?

Lotro is quite girl friendly, only do pvp if you want to, ball gowns and tiaras for one and all. :)

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

For the highest percentage look for the MMO with best clothing design.

Has to be Aion.

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• pauldriverpauldriver Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by nightbird305

Originally posted by quinnah89

hey which MMO has the most girls playing? WoW?

There are better ways to pick up girls..

A crowbar?

Jam is sticky.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by niahflame

aeria attracts many females, thats true. so far, i met the most gals in shaiya. many more on light side but fury has surprisingly many too

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

When it comes to western developed MMO's.

It used to be SWG pre-NGE.

After that up till today having played most MMO's, that both LOTRO and EverQuest 2 have the highest amount of female players.

Especially EverQuest 2 has a lot of very dedicated and passionate female players. Simply because what it offers in appearance slots, housing and guild halls with a massive amount of diverse housing items, pets , collection quests, etc, etc, etc

LOTRO is a close second on that.

Cheers

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142

i'd personally guess second life. i know a ton of girls that love it.

• mightyikarimightyikari Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Knifo

I thought it interesting to point out my Girlfriend started getting obsessive with Aion due to the Character creation and attractive graphics.  She would play it 24/7 if she owned a gaming rig and could afford the Sub.  

I am looking for f2p alternatives.  She hated Runescape as obviously it does not compare.  Anyone have any suggestions??
    What is a f2p with decent graphics and awesome character creator where she can make an awesome looking avatar?

Runes of Magic is what I would recommend, I have Aion myself and it's one of the only F2P MMO's that stand up to the quality of it.

http://www.recycleyourgames.co.uk - Recycle Your Games and Consoles. Help the Environment and Charity!

• niahflameniahflame Member Posts: 8

Give DDO a try if ya havent. About the highest quality Free mmo out there.

Thanks I'll try that one. I don't like the card game but it looks like a decent f2p.