Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

trial?

does ffix have any free trial time like i.e. anarchy online has? i mean i dont want to spend 50bucks on game which i may not like.

Comments

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

k dont play FFXI
    no way ur guna get a free trial.

FFXI ~~
    World: Remora
    Nation: San d'Oria
    Job: Warrior
    Job lvl: 4
    Race: Hume Male

====
    lol.
    ====

• trompkatrompka Member Posts: 2

easy man. im saying this because there are many different opinions about this game i wanted to try it out before paying for it. if theres no trial then simply i will not risk my time and money - its not like im blinded by final fantasy logo and going to buy it only because square is author of this game. cheers

• Shaney2kShaney2k Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Seasonz

k dont play FFXI
    no way ur guna get a free trial.
    FFXI ~~
    World: Remora
    Nation: San d'Oria
    Job: Warrior
    Job lvl: 4
    Race: Hume Male

If i liked the complete ff series am I likely to like the online version?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Well back on topic.

No, it does not have a free trial but it does come with a pre-paid month on it.

-----------------

Stealing sub-woofers everywhere!

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• stsestse Member Posts: 34

Unfortunately, all MMORPG's nowadays provide a free month of game play anyway after you purchase it. It is part of the hooking you in marketing strategy. But then you have to pay after that, of course people don't like to pay to play.

I understand the poster's concern about the game. If there is no trial, how would you know if the game is good for you right? Regular offline games have some form of a demo to help give consumers an idea what the game is like. It has its goods and bads. But also, I find the companies like to give free online trials for MMORPGs to try to hook more people in for reasons like:
    - They are not having much of the market share of the MMORPGs and would like to attract new customers and players to play. So a trial would be used to entice them
    - They have a lot of popularity and can use the free trial to help hook people's friends to try it out and eventually hook those people in as well.

Currently, I doubt FFXI is doing bad in any case with relation to the amount of subscribers and revenue that are raking in. The price of FFXI has recently dropped as well. It wouldn't really hurt to give it a try. I would recommend it.

It's not a bug in the software, it's a feature =).