Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignored????

ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Inspired by another thread, i was wondering what the strangest experience of being put on ignore was for players? I had one the other week which amazed me, even after all this time playing;

Sent out a request on /1 in STV;

"LF Stranglethorn Page x, please whisper with price"

I got a whisper saying "I have that page, make me an offer", so i whispered back "1g OK?".

I waited a couple of minutes and got no reply, so i whispered back to say "did you want more for it" only to be told that i was being ignored by the player???? Go figure???

I think that oneeven beat the person that asked me to stop killing MOB's in the area because he wanted them and when i went to reply to ask if they wantd to group for the quest, they had already put me on ignore???

It's a wierd world in there sometimes, so what wierd and wonderful reasons have you been put on ignore?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Comments

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

Jason why start this thread?? You know all it will lead to is wow flaming and hatred.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For me it was back in SWG, weird story really. To make it short this took place back during pre-cu, I was an OP doc fencer. It started after I defeated about 5 imps alone in cnet starport. This rp'r thought I was a jedi, didn't know much about template stacking obviously. I started getting tells from him asking me to be his master, He wanted me to show him how to become a Jedi. Keep in mind I told him off the bat I wasn't one. He didn't care was his reply I was a badass (in his eyes). I was nice enough to basically help him get to know what he should be working on.

Anyway this continued for about two weeks, every tell from him was master this master that ( he called me master,lol). I figured he must have been young so I always played nice with him. One day he asks me to see my lightsaber. I remind him I am not a jedi, oh man did he get pissed. Next reply was something about leading him on the wrong path (which I didn't, lol) and that I was on his ignore list now. My guild used to get a kick out of that guy lol, after that they really did.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• mightyikarimightyikari Member Posts: 101

My story isn't about WoW as I didn't play long enough for this to happen, I simply didn't enjoy the game.

However on Runes of Magic I was invited to a Guild and went to a 'Guild Meeting' in which we agreed to quest for items from bosses.  We did and due to the way loot is distributed I got quite a rare item.

The Guild leader then told me I had to give this item to him, and I refused saying that I had the item fairly through the want/need gamble system that is in place.  He then kicked me from the party because I wouldn't bow down to his request.

To me I found this unfair, as it was a random rare drop and the gamble system made looting fair and random for everyone.

Was I in the wrong?  I don't think so personally.  Weird though huh?  I have since left the Guild due to this treatment.  I'm not a farming slave for anyone, that's a fair comment I believe.

http://www.recycleyourgames.co.uk - Recycle Your Games and Consoles. Help the Environment and Charity!

• lisubablisubab Member Posts: 670

To the OP: sometimes the ignore is an issue of misclick.  Someone might right click your name and try to invite you, or whisper but accidentally clicked ignore.  Something like that.  If he is in a tell hell, or got another offer next, he might forgot to follow up and chat with you, and you stayed ignored.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by lisubab
    To the OP: sometimes the ignore is an issue of misclick.  Someone might right click your name and try to invite you, or whisper but accidentally clicked ignore.  Something like that.  If he is in a tell hell, or got another offer next, he might forgot to follow up and chat with you, and you stayed ignored.

To Lisubab: playing the game since release i have done that a few times myself, but tend to notice when i don't get a "you invited x to group" followed by an accept/deny. You just have to accept sometimes that some people just may not want to speak to you for whatever their reasoning is about it, it may not be intentionally malicious or ignorant, but it doesn't make it any less funny :)

Originally posted by jason_webb

To Lisubab: playing the game since release i have done that a few times myself, but tend to notice when i don't get a "you invited x to group" followed by an accept/deny. You just have to accept sometimes that some people just may not want to speak to you for whatever their reasoning is about it, it may not be intentionally malicious or ignorant, but it doesn't make it any less funny :)

Ok, no denying that possibility.  Never happen to me before, but I do know that there are many self-proclaimed elitists that are outright pain in the a**.  Just happen to me that they are less of an impact in this game b/c I got friends.  Even when I need to pug, there are enough non elitist to choose from, so I can safely ignore them all.

Now I must admit I never got ignored just b/c of invitations.  If someone ignore me b/c we tried to form a PUG, be it so.  There is little to lose by not connecting with them again in the game.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Ok, no denying that possibility.  Never happen to me before, but I do know that there are many self-proclaimed elitists that are outright pain in the a**.  Just happen to me that they are less of an impact in this game b/c I got friends.  Even when I need to pug, there are enough non elitist to choose from, so I can safely ignore them all.
    Now I must admit I never got ignored just b/c of invitations.  If someone ignore me b/c we tried to form a PUG, be it so.  There is little to lose by not connecting with them again in the game.

I know where you are going, but as tends to happen on these forums for some reason, it misses the point of this thread completely. This was about times when you 'had' been ignored for some amazing reason, not about when you 'hadn't' been ignored :)

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

Whenever I try to form groups, because I usually am the former of the group, I whisper people on the who list.

It pisses me off when they freak out and place me on ignore.

For example :

Whisper a Paladin : Mind tanking H UK?

Paladin : Did you even bother to check my spec, huh?

Whisper a Paladin : No, I'm in HF and you're in Dal.

Paladin is ignoring you.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by jason_webb

Inspired by another thread, i was wondering what the strangest experience of being put on ignore was for players? I had one the other week which amazed me, even after all this time playing;
    Sent out a request on /1 in STV;
    "LF Stranglethorn Page x, please whisper with price"
    I got a whisper saying "I have that page, make me an offer", so i whispered back "1g OK?".
    I waited a couple of minutes and got no reply, so i whispered back to say "did you want more for it" only to be told that i was being ignored by the player???? Go figure???
    I think that oneeven beat the person that asked me to stop killing MOB's in the area because he wanted them and when i went to reply to ask if they wantd to group for the quest, they had already put me on ignore???
    It's a wierd world in there sometimes, so what wierd and wonderful reasons have you been put on ignore?

I think he thought you were a gold spammer/beggar.

• PedrotePedrote Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Ibluerate

Whenever I try to form groups, because I usually am the former of the group, I whisper people on the who list.
    For example :

Paladin is ignoring you.

Well, for sure it is not the best reason to ignore you, but in LFG people include the roles they want to play in groups :)

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by Pedrote

For example :

Paladin is ignoring you.

Well, for sure it is not the best reason to ignore you, but in LFG people include the roles they want to play in groups :)

I like on the who list, roles aren't stated there.

I've come to understand that not everyone who wants to be in a group is on the LFG list.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

Originally posted by Pedrote

For example :

Paladin is ignoring you.

I like on the who list, roles aren't stated there.

I've come to understand that not everyone who wants to be in a group is on the LFG list.

Well look at it both ways.

If the guy is not on LFG list and you called him rudely (if ...) that might cause some friction.  I do not think you were rude, from the way you talk here.

If you go along the LFG list there is little chance you will get ignored.

Now, if someone, being nicely approached, puts you on ignore, he might do that for some obscure reasons, or he is just in a bad mood, or a bad player.  Count yourself lucky not having him tanking for you.  If your team with him kill first boss and he acts up, you are saved and have to go back to recruitment again, potentially losing the entire PUG.

WoW is a big game with a lot of wonderful people, and also a lot of weird people.  Enjoy the presence of those who keep you smiling and turn you head away from those on the other side of the spectrum.  Gaming hours are too short to bother wasting time on these unwelcome elements of the game.